Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hrgovic: I Have a Message To Heavyweight Division - Fight Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hrgovic: I Have a Message To Heavyweight Division - Fight Me!

Croatian heavyweight Filip Hrgovic produced a 5th straight stoppage win on Saturday night, handing a first ever stoppage loss to Rydell Booker. From the outset Hrgovic was in control of the fight, taking the centre of the ring from the first bell and keeping Booker at range behind a solid jab.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What you told him to his face he was too old now you say he's good?

But yeah fight someone that isn't a flabby, pushing 40 punch bag.

Comment

Hrgovic looked more fluid than I'd seen in the past. Booker came in there for a paycheck and probably hoped to coast through the fight like he did with Pulev. Hard to gauge where Hrgovic is at, I'd like to see him in against either someone who can box a bit or someone who throws some heavy hands.

I think Michael Hunter was mentioned. That would be a nice test, he fought to a draw against Povetkin and has some decent wins on his belt.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
        What you told him to his face he was too old now you say he's good?
        That seemed to get a few people off side.

Was I the only one who saw it as a joke between two good friends and sparring partners?

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
          That seemed to get a few people off side.

Was I the only one who saw it as a joke between two good friends and sparring partners?
          Did you not see how Rydell reacted? He pushed him away immediately after he said that and it looked like it hurt him down to his soul. I can see how Hrgovic meant it that way in a playful manner and meant no offense by it but it looked like Booker did not take it well. Hard to come to grips that you're well past it sometimes. I can relate.

Comment

I really like Hrgovic, reminds me of Vitali: the stance, angles, combinations and sheer violence. I still need to see how Filip´s chin holds up vs a big puncher, but so far I see nothing to worry about.

Comment

Hrgovic has Hearn behind him. Hearn obviously doesn`t believe he is ready for top guys. That is why he matches him with bums.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Hrgovic has Hearn behind him. Hearn obviously doesn`t believe he is ready for top guys. That is why he matches him with bums.
                hrgovic/hughie fury vs bakole/hunter
                either combo those will do
                if not one of those then include otto wallin..
                i dont want to see any more unheard of old american guys eddie keeps bringing out.

looks like fabio wardley will be fighting lucas browne
                wouldnt mind Babic vs Dave Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
                  hrgovic/hughie fury vs bakole/hunter
                  either combo those will do
                  if not one of those then include otto wallin..
                  i dont want to see any more unheard of old american guys eddie keeps bringing out.

looks like fabio wardley will be fighting lucas browne
                  wouldnt mind Babic vs Dave Allen
                  Yeah, funny, they even say Booker is Hrgovic`s next step to Joshua, lol.

Wallin, Hughie, Bakole..all would be a step in right direction.

Comment

After the fight Hrgovic said “I have a message to the heavyweight division. Fight me."

Send a message to Sauerland, "Get me fights!" Whyte, Usyk, Povetkin, Zhilei Zhang, choose one!

Comment

Working...
                    X