Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Took Over in The Second Half - I Won The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loma, you blew it son. Move back down to see what you can achieve, or wait till Lopez relinquishes the belts then try to pick them up one by one. First, watch the tape of the fight then come to the reality that you lost.

Comment

• He didn't win one single round, not sure what drugs you people were on when you watched that fight..he tried hard in round 9 and 10 but every time he threw something Lopez came straight back at him hitting him hard..hence why loma didn't want to engage anymore. The punch stats don't lie.....and in the 12th round when it was do or die Loma stood back didn't want any of the heat. The punch stats revealed that loma got hit in the 12th more than in any other round in his career. So how the fk does he and his silly fan boys think he won?

Comment

• I was among the few picking Lopez.

He won. Loma started too late. Had the fight been 15 rounds perhaps he could have prevailed since Lopez looked tired in 9-10-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
          How by throwing 2 counter jabs? Loma was scared of Lopez's power he got stunned to the body in round 1 and fought scared for the next 6 he finally decided to let his hands go but it was too late if he would've started the way he fought in rounds 8-11 he could've knocked Teofimo out because at times Lopez looked confused and dropped his hands a lot on the ropes he can't do that against someone like Ramirez or Taylor but against Loma he was able to handle it.

Lomachenko is a great fighter but Teofimo neutralized his side stepping and that was the main factor in this fight he couldn't use his angles to get his shots off and that's what got to Loma.

For everybody saying it was a draw or Loma got robbed go watch their body language Loma knew he lost that's why his whole corner was just quiet looking around while they were waiting for the cards he looked like the beaten fighter. Cards were wide for sure I gave Vasyl 4 rounds and the 12 was a toss up but I think Lopez edged it. People also aren't talking about Teo's body work that played a factor too as Loma never attempted to start a body attack himself.
          He landed a counter left and a 3-4 punch combination near the end of the round. Everything else was not effective by either guy.

Comment

• Lopez was too much into his game plan by the time loma decided to start! And then when loma used the angle strategy, Lopez just stepped with him and negated anything loma may have been capable of.big loma fan but great tactics for the clear win by Lopez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              It was inexplicable really. He let HALF THE FIGHT go by before he stepped it up. He must have thought he could get the stoppage. He was going for the same shot he got linares with, but Lopez kept that elbow tucked. The head shots weren’t having the same effect they do on smaller opponents. Lopez proved too big and durable to be stopped.
              Agreed. Lomachenko said he wanted to take Lopez into “deep waters” before the fight, but he gave away entirely too much. Hard to make up that kind of ground versus a quality opponent. In the eleventh, I thought maybe the game plan would work after all; Teo looked spent, and Vasyl was landing big. But, to the younger man’s credit, he found a second wind and almost stopped Loma in the very next frame. Not sure how a rematch would go. Applying pressure from early on leaves Vasyl open to a KO. In any event, I’d like to see them run it back. I thought the fight was very close — certainly a lot closer than those atrocious cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                Broner threw more punches against Manny than Loma did against Lopez...
                I cant!
                LOL and Broner barely threw punches too! This is pathetic man, Loma is delusional for real. That guy didn't even throw jack **** for like 8 rounds he was getting touched up with jabs and couldn't get in on Teo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  He landed a counter left and a 3-4 punch combination near the end of the round. Everything else was not effective by either guy.
                  Guess body shots don't count anymore and walking someone down keeping the jab in their face as well but to each is own.

I give credit to Lomachenko though he showed he has a hell of a chin even in the Linares fight he wasn't really rocked it was just a sharp punch but Teo landed some nice uppercuts that were flush and Loma took them well if he goes back to 130 I want to see him fight the winner of Valdez vs Berchelt him and Berchelt would be a great fight and I think he can still cause problems at 130 for a lot of these fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Agreed. Lomachenko said he wanted to take Lopez into “deep waters” before the fight, but he gave away entirely too much. Hard to make up that kind of ground versus a quality opponent. In the eleventh, I thought maybe the game plan would work after all; Teo looked spent, and Vasyl was landing big. But, to the younger man’s credit, he found a second wind and almost stopped Loma in the very next frame. Not sure how a rematch would go. Applying pressure from early on leaves Vasyl open to a KO. In any event, I’d like to see them run it back. I thought the fight was very close — certainly a lot closer than those atrocious cards.
                    Yea, Lopez proved durable...the difference in size was a factor. I felt like the only way loma was gonna get him was to the body.

Loma didn’t look himself in there...was it the opponent, the layoff, is he on the slide? A rematch would definitely answer questions, but I don’t think Lopez will be at 135 for long.

Comment

• He didn't win. It was either a 6-6 or 7-5.

But.. if they were to rematch, I'd put the house on Loma. I have no clue why, he gave away first half of the fight. He didn't get outclassed, outboxed, hurt - he literally didn't throw any punches.

Comment

Working...
                      X