Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: I Took Over in The Second Half - I Won The Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you dont throw any punches for 8 rounds you lost the fight already, throw a few flurries and round 10, 11 and 12 doesn't win you the fight man.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      Loma clearly lost. What on earth was he doing those first 6 rounds? Clearly Lopez was fighting incredibly for his young age, but I have never seen a pfp level guy do something like that. A guy like Floyd gives up the first few rounds (2-3 tops) but is actively trying out things to bring them into fruition. Loma was literally all defense and fighting shook, wouldn't even throw a single combination.

The sad part is that this fight could've been a barn burner had Loma fought it's entirety like the second half
      Partly lay off , Teo power/size and his focus early on was insane . Regardless by the 5th round he should've started his attack not 7th

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
        When you dont throw any punches for 8 rounds you lost the fight already, throw a few flurries and round 10, 11 and 12 doesn't win you the fight man.
        Broner threw more punches against Manny than Loma did against Lopez...
        I cant!

Comment

• No to didn't you salty sore loser you were down 60-54 going into round 7 which means the best you could hope for was a draw if you won every remaining round, which you most certainly did not. Man I wish there was 30 seconds extra in round 12 as you were about to get put on your ass as well.

Comment

• I had it even and am fine with either getting the nod. I agree the judges cards were deplorable, and I would feel I won the fight in his shoes too as a fighter.

A rematch would make sense but I could see Lopez avoiding it even if just to chase other fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by famicommander View Post
              Lopez won 1-7 and 12. No question about it.

116-112.
              Go watch round 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                No to didn't you salty sore loser you were down 60-54 going into round 7 which means the best you could hope for was a draw if you won every remaining round, which you most certainly did not. Man I wish there was 30 seconds extra in round 12 as you were about to get put on your ass as well.
                You really need to shut the **** up. That's how champions fight in the closing minutes. ****ing idiot.

Go watch round 2.

Loma won 7-11. Completely turned it on. There was NEVER a time where Lopez was landing clean combination punching. Lopez was getting hit with 4 and 5 punch combinations throughout the second half of the fight while he threw punches that were blocked and partially blocked throughout the whole fight.

I'd LOVE to see your face round 8-11 when you were begging Lopez to hold on.

Yet.... Julie Lederman gave Loma ONE... ONE round.... Another gave him 3.... and another 4...

That's called a tradegy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardi View Post
                  Regardless by the 5th round he should've started his attack not 7th
                  Yep, exactly.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    Let it go. Nobody will accept it was a CLOSE fight that could have been anything.

Makes me wonder if that's why Julie Lederman's card was so off - to prevent a draw and major payouts (Draw was +2000 odds).
                    I completely let it go. I know most boxing judges and fans never did put some gloves and can't see sht, especially with elite quick fighters.
                    I don't even think Lederman was paid off, I just think she s,cks, things were too fast and sophisticated for here.

I'm a loma dude, but I'm fine with that young kid getting the prize, at the end of the day it's good for boxing because you have two stars walking out of the arena.
                    Teo has a name now and Loma's name is still fine, he just lost a decision to a younger, fresher bigger fighter in a good competitive fight.

It remains me a bit of Pernell vs Oscar.

I had a draw, gave Teo the 1,3,4,5,6,12, just like Bud and Ward. And it's subjective, but I almost always agree with Bud's and Dre's when they score fights.

I guess I see boxing the same way they do...others don't.
                    I'm fine with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                      You really need to shut the **** up. That's how champions fight in the closing minutes. ****ing idiot.

Go watch round 2.

Loma won 7-11. Completely turned it on. There was NEVER a time where Lopez was landing clean combination punching. Lopez was getting hit with 4 and 5 punch combinations throughout the second half of the fight while he threw punches that were blocked and partially blocked throughout the whole fight.

I'd LOVE to see your face round 8-11 when you were begging Lopez to hold on.

Yet.... Julie Lederman gave Loma ONE... ONE round.... Another gave him 3.... and another 4...

That's called a tradegy.
                      Loma clearly won the 2nd round IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X