Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Lined Up To Box at Albert Hall on December 5

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury sent Wilder into depression. Wilder will never be the same again. That's what happens when you are super ****y then all of s a sudden, you got served with humble pie. Let's hope he recovers.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      Here's Arum moving off the July date:

"You could not guarantee the fighters that the event would take place on that date. We couldn't convince them or ourselves," Arum told ESPN of a possible July 18 fight. "Where were they going to train for it? It just made no sense. You just have to take a step back. How are you going to sell tickets? It's absolutely ridiculous to say the fight is on when the Brits can't even get there."

https://www.si.com/boxing/2020/03/25...ed-coronavirus

So, the narrative Warren and Fury are pushing- that Wilder's ability to enforce the rematch clause has expired- is bogus in one of two ways.

Either it hasn't expired; or the reason it has expired is a direct result of actions taken by Fury's promoters.

Either way, that ain't good if you're trying to justify moving on.

This situation is more complex that a lot of folks think...
      Why are you putting the blame for the delay on Fury's promoters?

What have Wilder and his team being doing to try and make the fight happen this year?

Nothing! ... Not a damned thing!

They didn't want it unless the money was there, otherwise, they wouldn't have disappeared into the woodwork for 6 months! The deadline for enforcing a third fight has now expired, Fury has no legal obligation to fight Wilder again.

Comment

I see a courtroom in the future.

And, if this article is true, I'm starting to wonder why Warren and Fury are so anxious to get out of a third fight they contend will be so easy AND will pay them 30 million.

Let's be clear, any fight with AJ isn't happening til summer 2021 at the earliest, not with him having 2 mandatories.

And, if AJ sticks to his past track record of 6 months between fights, the earliest Fury vs AJ takes place is November 2021.

So, why not take a lucrative fight with someone you say you'll beat easily again? Especially when you know there could be litigation otherwise.

Curious.

https://theathletic.com/news/wilder-...e/xuiULvmpml9n
        They are going to be wasting their time in the courtroom. Arum and Warren aren’t ******. Since August Fury has been talking about fighting in December (But was also talking about dropping the belt if he is forced to fight Whyte).

Whyte is out of the way, Wilder is silent more than a church mouse, and even Finkel just comes out to lay denial, which no one believes, the same man that denials the two way rematch clause.

So I doubt Team Wilder has any room for a case here, rematch clauses doesn’t last forever, they have to take this L.... They bet on wilder career and they lost big time.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Why are you putting the blame for the delay on Fury's promoters?

What have Wilder and his team being doing to try and make the fight happen this year?

Nothing! ... Not a damned thing!

They didn't want it unless the money was there, otherwise, they wouldn't have disappeared into the woodwork for 6 months! The deadline for enforcing a third fight has now expired, Fury has no legal obligation to fight Wilder again.
          I'm putting the blame where it belongs.

Backed up by quotes from Fury's promoters, of course.

And you respond by making up shyt?

Must be nice in that fantasy world you live in...

Comment

Let fury have his Rivas because I don’t want to see the Joshua fight ruined......mind you fury really has an appalling resume and beating Whites leftovers is pretty lame.
            But I’m glad they have stood there ground with wilder because it’s him that has held up the the division and now hopefully it’s the big one next year

Comment

I'm putting the blame where it belongs.

Backed up by quotes from Fury's promoters, of course.

And you respond by making up shyt?

Must be nice in that fantasy world you live in...
              And what’s BS about what he said? What has Wilder’s promoters or Wilder himself done to push his fight? There was an article almost every day with a new quote from Wilder in the run up to the 2nd fight - why haven’t we heard a whisper from him since?

My guess is that both sides will let this 3rd fight die quietly, and Wilder’s team are fully in on this act by Fury. Their (lack of) response over the next few days will tell us everything.

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post
                You suck Elie, Mrs irrelevant here.

Hey Peter Fury

I hear that Tyson is taking on a bum because Paris was upset that her Livingroom-training was going to waste. Will Savanah Marshall let you be Tyson's spit-bucket boy, now that hes back fighting in the UK, Peter?

Comment

The problem Fury has is that it isn't a matter of Wilder not wanting to fight.

Wilder hasn't turned down ANYTHING.

It's about the promoters (including both Warren and Arum) moving off dates because they don't feel they can make enough money to guarantee the money due Fury and Wilder.
                  Yessir. This right here. It was hard enough to get big fights made before the pandemic and now the absence of live gates means that PPV or ad revenue are the only ways to recoup the costs of fights. They need to navigate a fall sports schedule and choose the right date to maximize earnings.

I also get Fury's frustrations. It's dangerous for him to be on the shelf too long and I think he needs a date and opponent to stay motivated. Otherwise, he finds himself ballooning up a hundred pounds and going on booze and drug fueled benders.

Wilder is taking a huge risk to get back in the ring with Fury; if he loses again he will have to fight his way back to title relevancy. That being said, I don't think either is trying to avoid the other.

Comment

Wilder hasn’t properly worked out yet even though he’s in decent shape!

He had surgery on his bicep in March and usually it takes 5-6 months to heal and then another couple of months to rehab!

This fight isn’t happening this year or probably next!

Wilder’s team did a real disservice to him for not having run a checks an balances on Tyson Fury who’s a known cheater and PED user!

Now he not only took a beating an needs rehab on an aggravated injury but he gave Fury who didn’t fight in years due to avoiding a ban from being caught using PED’s, a 50-50 split coming off fighting tune up fights where he looked horrible and then gave him another 50-50 split in a rematch and now has lost nearly everything while Fury has reaped all the rewards!

Team Wilder are some of most idiotic teams in sports history and yes I know they’ve also done well to get him at this point but look at the facts I just pointed out!

Comment

Bumzquad wants to retire but he also wants one last bum-per paycheck against Tyson. He'll probably take one more can of Tyson's whoopazz before going into hiding.

Comment

Working...
                      X