Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zepeda epic war with Baranchyk: FOTY, KOOTY, ROTY!!!!!! Instant Classic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FotY for sure. And a brutal KO, but I think Povetin over Whyte was the better KO - they way Sacha set up that uppercut throughout the fight was impeccable.

Would love to see a rematch but that's the kind of fight that takes years off a career so it's selfish of us fans to ask for one.

Comment

Baranchyk won't be the same after that knockout.

And, for what my opinion is worth, Taylor should have no particular problem with Zepeda if he's tight enough.

Comment

It was a great fight between two hard punchers with very average chins and defensive skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
          Baranchyk won't be the same after that knockout.

And, for what my opinion is worth, Taylor should have no particular problem with Zepeda if he's tight enough.
          branchyk is limited so credit to him for the great effort. But zepeda was awful last night. truly awful. However he did in the end do what was expected and put that kid to sleep.

Even if zepeda fights as badly as he did last night he will do the same thing to eurobum taylor. LIGHTS OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Taylor View Post
            Even if zepeda fights as badly as he did last night he will do the same thing to eurobum taylor. LIGHTS OUT.
            Perhaps, but I would not bet on it. I would love to see the fight happen.

Comment

Perhaps, but I would not bet on it. I would love to see the fight happen.
              You should! The outcome is inevitable tbh.

Comment

You should! The outcome is inevitable tbh.
                I see your trust. But, "inevitable" based on what exactly?

Comment

I see your trust. But, "inevitable" based on what exactly?
                  The styles.

I expect zepeda to ko taylor for the same reasons i expected him to ko baranchyk

Comment

The styles.

I expect zepeda to ko taylor for the same reasons i expected him to ko baranchyk
                    Taylor is tougher than you believe, and technically way better than Baranchyk. Then, if we compare the resume, he has at least a couple of wins on good opponents (Postol, Prograis and let's also include the very Baranchyk), whereas Zepeda's only "name" win is Pedraza (and, again, Baranchyk, who made him suffer quite a bit, though I accept your version of a "terrible" Zepeda last night).

Considering all of the above, and I myself do like Zepeda, I'd pick Taylor to win.

BTW, funny that you pick against Taylor having seen your moniker, or real name
                    Last edited by Tatabanya; 10-04-2020, 11:35 AM.

Comment

if we compare the resume, he has at least a couple of wins on good opponents (Postol, Prograis and let's also include the very Baranchyk), whereas Zepeda's only "name" win is Pedraza (and Baranchyk,
                      Taylor didnt look great himself against postol or prograis.
                      and lets not pretend zepeda didnt school ramirez. but to be fair
                      ramirez is one of the worst champions in boxing right now.

Taylor is tougher than you believe.

Taylor has some toughness but this is about styles.
                      Taylor is going to walk into head punches against a guy with better hand speed, power and awkward punching technique.
                      Not to mention Zepeda being a better boxer.

Taylor is going to sleep barnchyk style.

though I accept your version of a "terrible" Zepeda last night).
                      Well he was going back in straight lines. and chose to brawl at the wrong times. Perhaps he went into the fight underestimating baranchyk.

BTW, funny that you pick against Taylor having seen your moniker
                      Yeah 😄

Comment

Working...
                      X