Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zepeda epic war with Baranchyk: FOTY, KOOTY, ROTY!!!!!! Instant Classic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    Never seen a fight with so many KD’s and neither guy being seriously hurt...until the end anyway.

Baranchyk looked like he had no clue how to fight a southpaw. He was jumping in with his head right in the middle and kept getting into awkward positions. His balance was awful.

Not much craft on display all around actually. A barn burner for sure, but neither guy looked good.

Mistakes were made but I disagree with this post. Zepeda showed and proved a lot.

Both fighters stock went up.

Not every fight needs to be a technical showcase to be quality and or entertaining. Two guys put it all out there, and gave us a war for the ages. Nitpicking the holes in one of the fighters games when its clear both guys decided to go to war is petty and essentially disrespectful towards their efforts and heart.

Comment

Originally posted by blowblow View Post
      better than charlo's. looks like staged to me. unlike this one it's clean AF. brutal and didn't go down with just a jab.
      Here we go, plenty have been dropped by jabs to the body and even stopped by shots that barely touched a fighter but that was staged!?

Why couldn’t it be a perfectly placed shot at the right time where Rosario was exhaling just as Jermell landed the shot!?

Charlo’s get no love or credit cuz people don’t like them cuz of their brash nature which is fine but let’s not take way the significance of what could happen on the other end!

A jab bodyshot KO has last been heard from Bob Fitzsimmons so it should’ve been celebrated instead of diminished!

Both are great Knockouts and deserves to be shared between both warriors!

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Mistakes were made but I disagree with this post. Zepeda showed and proved a lot.

Both fighters stock went up.

Not every fight needs to be a technical showcase to be quality and or entertaining. Two guys put it all out there, and gave us a war for the ages. Nitpicking the holes in one of the fighters games when its clear both guys decided to go to war is petty and essentially disrespectful towards their efforts and heart.
        I don’t feel like either guy performed particularly well.

Comment

I unfortunately saw this on replay so I didn't have the rush you get from watching live and already heard it was nuts. With the expectations I heard, it was still awesome. I would definitely imagine it has to take FOTY candidate because it has been a pretty weak year overall. Aside from the Povetkin KO, I don't think there is also another KOTY as crazy as this one. That's a lot to get out of one fight.

Comment

Lol

You’ll be in the minority both guys looked like beast and neither guys stock went down.

Zepeda just upped his career big time with that win that tells you how impressive that win was.

When guys stink out the place thats when guys look bad and give a bad look for the sport

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Lol

Don’t mind him dude lives in his own little world where fury is the “face of boxing bestest ever” meanwhile in the real world no one outside of boxing knows fury nor cares for him.

Canelo is king we all know thtat even Fury himself has said it but some ppl here are a bit on the special side.

Fury is the face of boxing. The cash cow. The golden goose.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                Lol

You’ll be in the minority both guys looked like beast and neither guys stock went down.

Zepeda just upped his career big time with that win that tells you how impressive that win was.

When guys stink out the place thats when guys look bad and give a bad look for the sport
                I enjoyed the fight for what it was, but both guys looked very beatable.

Comment

Because they were knocking one another down every two seconds. Get yer head out of yer azz. You want knock one of them down then you got step on the inside and the craziness starts right back up.

Comment

I completely disagree.

I think both guys performed well, Zepeda exceptionally well. Showing heart and balls, and a chin matter in the fight game. They actually matter a lot.

Comment

Again I disagree.

I don’t see many guys in the division that wouldn’t have folded under those shots.

That’s why they are not “very beatable” Zepeda has two disputed losses only and one was against arguably the best 140lber and Barsnchyks other lone lose was a decision to the other arguably best in the division.

So no they didn’t look “very beatable”.

Most of the rest of the division wudda folded against Zepeda or Baranchyk that night.

Comment

Working...
                      X