Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zepeda epic war with Baranchyk: FOTY, KOOTY, ROTY!!!!!! Instant Classic!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Canelo is unknown outside of Mexico.
    Canelo sold out MSG in his first NYC appearance. NY is mostly Ecuadorians, Puerto Rican, Dominican. It’s not a Mexican state

How many tickets did Fury sell with his MSG appearance against Cunningham?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      I bet you $100 that Taylor doesn't fight Zepeda next. Deal?
      Not next, but if or when they do fight, that UK bum will be battered and exposed. That's my take.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
        It had action, but for me it wasnt a legendary type fight (as some of you are acting like) because it wasn't really fought at that high of a level.

Both guys showed average skill, bad defense, and decent chins. It's definitely not FOTY.

Round two might get a nomination for ROTY but aside from the KDs, it was pretty pedestrian, so that's a no from me there too.

Maybe a KOTY candidate- Zepeda absolutely clocked Baranchyk- but to me Povetkin is still the leader in the clubhouse for that.

Props to both men for a helluva show in any case.
        Baranchyk felt that Zepeda wouldn’t be able to handle a fast pace so he floored the pedal and never let up. When someone does this then you’re going to see awkwardness and obvious mistakes like you would in a game of speed chess. Sorry if it wasn’t the ballet you would have preferred.

Comment

Zepeda dominated after the first. The guy is a great technician. Does anyone know which side Freddie Roach was on? They were both Freddie fighter’s last I checked.

This fight with a crowd would’ve been insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            Never seen a fight with so many KD’s and neither guy being seriously hurt...until the end anyway.

Baranchyk looked like he had no clue how to fight a southpaw. He was jumping in with his head right in the middle and kept getting into awkward positions. His balance was awful.

Not much craft on display all around actually. A barn burner for sure, but neither guy looked good.
            It was like two Marquez’s.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              Zepeda dominated after the first. The guy is a great technician. Does anyone know which side Freddie Roach was on? They were both Freddie fighter’s last I checked.

This fight with a crowd would’ve been insane.
              You use the word “dominated” loosely. Just letting ya know.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                You use the word “dominated” loosely. Just letting ya know.
                Nope. I watched it just now. You should maybe rewatch it. A fight is always different live. Zepeda dominated him after 1, outside of the odd punch/kd, Baranchyk was having no success and being picked apart. I was actually surprised when in the final rd Baranchyk managed another kd, because Zepeda was so in control, I thought the excitement in here was due to a comeback win.
                Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-04-2020, 05:31 AM.

Comment

That was pretty ridiculous. Lol best fight either guy will ever be in.

Comment

That guys need each other like Ward and Gatti. They should rest now for about 6 -7 months and make a rematch than.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      It had action, but for me it wasnt a legendary type fight (as some of you are acting like) because it wasn't really fought at that high of a level.

Both guys showed average skill, bad defense, and decent chins. It's definitely not FOTY.

Round two might get a nomination for ROTY but aside from the KDs, it was pretty pedestrian, so that's a no from me there too.

Maybe a KOTY candidate- Zepeda absolutely clocked Baranchyk- but to me Povetkin is still the leader in the clubhouse for that.

Props to both men for a helluva show in any case.
                      100% agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                      X