Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo: Derevyanchenko Gave GGG a Harder Test - I'm The Best at 160!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
    Jacobs, Andrade and Canelo all beat Charlo based on what I saw last night. Showtime broadcast team were blowing this dude, calling punches that weren't even landing at times. It was pretty sad, you can tell they had a job to do when it came to talking him up.
    That had to have been happening. I was kind of shocked when watching it after it ended, to see how little of anything he was really landing. Those punch stat numbers seem way off to me.

Comment

He beat Golovkin’s leftovers after he softened him up for him. Besides, he turned down $12M to prove he is the best at 160 when he ducked Canelo.

Comment

True, he gave GGG a run for his money.

Though Canelo's still sitting at the top

Comment

Styles makes fights and we know triangle theories don't work in boxing, funny thing even thou Chenko gave hell to GGG and Jermall beat Chenko in so much better fashion I can see GGG giving Charlo a tougher fight than Chenko.

Chenko is a great inside fighter, GGG is a great mid-range fighter I just think he would be more efficient in landing on Jermall, it's just sad that I think this fight will never materialize because it would be a great fight.

I'm not gonna go in detail in a Canelo vs Jermall fight untill I see signs that the fight might be doable, but I'll just say that I think that fight has all the elements to be a cerebral chess-match with some bombs landed for both guys.

Edit: Typo

Comment

Need to fight GGG for the #1 spot and/or Andrade.

Both great fights.

Comment

Yes Charlo proved he is better than GGG. I am wondering how he would perform against BJS and Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                Then get your $$$$ ready to make some "easy" money if/when those fights happen especially Jacobs or GGG.

I still believe Canelo is the best but still not a sure thing over Jermall.
                Canelo is the best but it’s highly doubtful he ever touches 160 again, and if that’s the case I would say Charlo is better than GGG. Andrade hasn’t fought anybody in his career, like ever, but I would like to see those two face off for a clear top dog at 160.

Comment

Is Jermall the best fighter at MW? he’s definitely the most prime fighter, I certainly don’t think he’s as talented as GGG or Canelo but he is peaking right now and better find a way to capitalize. There is zero chance he fights any DAZN fighter so we better start looking at, well....there really isn’t anybody for him to fight.

Comment

Styles make fights but Jermall has the goods definitely to be #1. I like his fighting style a lot.

Comment

I was impressed with Jermall. Deveryanchenko didn't look shopworn and I thought it was about 116-112. Charlo stuck to and executed a very good gameplan to take utilize his advantages and beat SD. I think the matchup of styles definitely favored Charlo. Both he and his brother struggle more with skilled boxers that can disrupt their timing and dictate pace (Korobov, Trout, Harrison, etc).

Both brothers are showing their mettle and I'd like to see Jermall in against Andrade and Jermell against Lara (or Castano). Wins would show me they can handle slick boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X