Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo Blasts Jeison Rosario in Eight To Unify WBA, IBF, WBC Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
    I once saw a man grab his chest and scream in pain as an alien burst out of him. We all saw this. Movie was Alien.
    I don’t know what this has anything to do with watch happened to Rosario but it made me laugh. That movie was great for its time

That twitch, the loss of air and the facial expressions he made at the same time isn’t something natural that you can control. When sht goes south that’s more of a natural reaction that occurs. Believe me, I’ve seen it too often in the hospital. Like I said before, no knock on Charlo it was a good win he deserves props but more than likely Rosario has been cutting massive weigh and been bullying smaller fighters and it finally caught up to him

Comment

• Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post
      Another thing is he could have chosen to sit on the stool for observation but he insisted on standing up while the doctor checked him out. That makes me think that an abdominal cramp is possible (you wouldn’t wanna be sitting hunched over) Also I don’t think that Rosario going to the hospital afterwards was part of some well-orchestrated conspiracy
      Idk man like I said earlier, you can’t just go with your first reaction. You have to observe all the parts and pieces of the situation and then come to your final conclusion.

Comment

• I got the PPV, I've felt like I've been robbed with some in the past but overall I thought it was a pretty good card with solid action. Didn't feel that way afterwards. I kinda like the model of stacking a card with a bunch of co-main event type fights and would be willing to pay for that again if there are compelling fighters throughout the card.

Some thoughts:
        - I've never been a big fan of either Charlo but I came out of the SD fight liking Jermall more. I got the vibe he was really elated to have defeated an opponent that both he and the media felt was truly dangerous. He was incredibly respectful to Deveryanchenko and seemed to revel in the fact he was involved in a war like that. He put on a helluva performance. I'd like to see him in against Andrade, I think he beats a shopworn GGG at this point.
        - Jermell has really become a patient counterpunch assassin. Rosario was always coming forward and launching some bad intentioned punches while Charlo was constantly laying traps to land a select few punches. A very good strategy against someone with questionable punch resistance but could be an issue if fights a durable boxer with decent output.
        - I thought Jermall definitely got hit with a body shot that hurt him but he weathered the storm. Some of Rosario's punches really seemed to move Jermell but I am impressed with both twin's laser focus and determination.
        -Rosario KO was something different but body shots always provide some of the oddest looking stoppages. I still remember Leonard Dorin crawling around the ring on all four like a baby when he got hit by Gatti to the body.

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          Then what about Porter/Crawford and Russell/Haney?
          Crawford is ducking Porter to fight the likes of Kell Brook instead.

Gary Russell is hard to figure out. He had Leo Santa Cruz in his same weight class for years, and they are both with PBC. Yet that fight never got made.

Comment

• Have to take my hat off to both Charlo brothers, especially Jermall who proved more skilled than I thought he would. He's a bit static and doesn't flow well but he managed to maintain the appropriate distance and keep Sergey where he wanted him throughout most of the fight. I predicted a Sergey win and am really surprised at how well Charlo maintained distance. To me, Sergey looked a little less than he did against GGG, not quite as quick. At 34, the skin just doesn't hold up like it does in your 20's and I think his face won't tolerate fights well going forward. For Jermall, I don't really know where he goes. His embarrassing interview with Mannix made it pretty clear he has no intention of working with DAZN and I imagine after last night he sees himself as a $10M man, money DAZN definitely won't offer him. He's a pretty massive dude, I think he should look to 168 as the PBC/ESPN has a real hold on that division. I just don't see who he fights at 160, yeah I think a GGG fight would be awesome but the chances of that with DAZN are slim to none. Charlo looks very susceptible to getting hit with 1-2's so I actually think GGG would be a favorite but at 38-39?? Who knows.
            Jermell is the slightly more skilled Deontay Wilder of SWW. Explosive and powerful and pretty wild with a jaw good enough to withstand the division. Nobody is beating him there. It was a legit KO. Rosario snuck up and took a win from JROCK, but Charlo saw him coming and fought like he was ready for him. Also, JROCK had his night but I this point his place in the division is pretty obvious.

Comment

• man the only explanation i can think of is he hit him mid breath and knocked that wind out

but the way rosario was having spasms is something ive never seen.

Comment

• Where are all these HATERS that don't like the Charlos talking all that ****z but won't give credit where credit is due. They fought top level and outclassed their opponents. Lions Only

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Pro boxers are obligated to go to the hospital after every stoppage.

Generally speaking though, ALL fighters must go to the hospital after a fight. But fighters who lost by stoppage need to go immediately after a fight. That’s protocol for any sanctioned fight. Dive or not, if you get “stopped”, you need to go. A dive stoppage doesn’t allow a fighter to go against protocol and not go to the hospital.
                  I see, thanks for sharing that

Comment

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    Idk man like I said earlier, you can’t just go with your first reaction. You have to observe all the parts and pieces of the situation and then come to your final conclusion.
                    I agree, which is why I disagree with those who are jumping to the conclusion that Rosario took a dive. What I shared is my observation so far.

Comment

• Only Rosario himself knows what he felt last night.

Just a thought... there are pressure points on the body, some more sensitive than others. Hit one of them with precision and...

Comment

Working...
                      X