Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Please Help] Will Fury go down as an ATG???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Please Help] Will Fury go down as an ATG???

The question is simple. The answer, perhaps not so much. Will 2 fast, 2 slick Fury be remembered as an all time great? Will the name Tyson Fury be remembered with the greats? Will history remember his name?
    Yes
    61.33%
    No
    38.67%

The only way it doesn't happen is if he goes majorly off the rails and shows up in truly awful shape and gets upset then it may be debatable.

But stylistically there's nobody in history who you would pick over him with any degree of certainty.

The best boxers and movers he can keep up with, he has range on and he can impose his size

The flat footed punchers, he can keep at range and jab their cooooonts right in for them

He beat the most dominant heavyweight champion in history when he was 26, in the champs fortress. He came back from career ending layoff to demolish the hardest puncher in boxing history

He just needs to get his hands on Joshua and then it's just a discussion of him or Ali for the GOAT heavyweight.

Comment

Is there any doubt? The only person who would doubt is that aj dick holster bang'em (em being AJ)
      RJJ-94-02=GOAT RJJ-94-02=GOAT likes this.

Comment

What's the official definition of this?

He's only halfway through his career....

Comment

I chose no because he still has big fights to win. If he stopped right now I wouldn't call him a AG but I would say he is 1 of the slickest heavyweights ever

Comment

What is the Rush? Fury, Wilder, AJ ALL need to fight each other and guess what? After that whoever comes out on top will have to Fend Off Usyk, Hrgrovic, Dubois, and the rest of the Heavyweights that are coming up and looking for their shot at the throne

Ali Beat Foreman, Frazier beat Ali, Foreman beat Frazier...

So Triangle Theories are a JOKE and NO AJ and Eddie Hearn can't just Eliminate Wilder and never fight him because he lost to Fury which sounds like what they and a lot of fans want to do which is WEAK. Fight them ALL, even if Wilder was to comeback in the 3rd Fight and catch Fury and knock him out I would 100% still want to see AJ vs Fury

So no ATG is not given based on Fan/Man Crushes and who you like more, they all have earn it and right now NO I don't see any of these guys as anything CLOSE to "All Time Greats" maybe AJ and Fury are British ATG I guess which is really not saying much lets be honest

Now I do give Fury the best Chance to go down as a "All Time Great" out of this Group because yes I do think he is the most skilled out of them all BUT he still have to go out and prove it and we do know Fury is a bit unstable
            Last edited by sicko; 09-01-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Well he has 2 (really 3) big wins, so I would say he needs to do some more to be talked about with all the greats.

Let's be honest, Wlad was at the end of a long run and Wilder who I always thought was a joke, still hasn't proved his worth as a legit champ, sorry but Stevierne, Molina, Arreola etc are not legit title fight opponents.

So NO, right now.

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
                The only way it doesn't happen is if he goes majorly off the rails and shows up in truly awful shape and gets upset then it may be debatable.

But stylistically there's nobody in history who you would pick over him with any degree of certainty.

The best boxers and movers he can keep up with, he has range on and he can impose his size

The flat footed punchers, he can keep at range and jab their cooooonts right in for them

He beat the most dominant heavyweight champion in history when he was 26, in the champs fortress. He came back from career ending layoff to demolish the hardest puncher in boxing history

He just needs to get his hands on Joshua and then it's just a discussion of him or Ali for the GOAT heavyweight.

How old are you bro?

Comment

depends on what he does from here on out, he has alot of work to do to be an atg

Comment

Thing with him is he has to actually make some title defenses

Comment

Working...
                    X