Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor and Persoon Deliver a FOTY Frontrunner in Thrilling Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor and Persoon Deliver a FOTY Frontrunner in Thrilling Rematch

By Corey Erdman - While the night ended with Alexander Povetkin's stunning come-from-behind knockout over Dillian Whyte, a clip that is immensely shareable on social media and will in all likelihood earn Knockout of the Year honors, it shouldn't be forgotten that a half hour prior, Taylor and Persoon likely provided the best fight seen in a boxing ring this year...

[Click Here To Read More]

Fight of the year nah, too messy .

Comment

I have nothing against women's boxing, but the fight was mostly a fast paced slap fest.

Comment

They at least showed more skills than those old fat guys on the main event.

Comment

Fight if the year of disabled people?

Comment

Excellent quality article, and the closing paragraph was full of truth ��

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha_Stroud View Post
              Excellent quality article, and the closing paragraph was full of truth ��
              I concur, there really quality women boxing out there.

Comment

Enjoyed the fight. That said to say women’s boxing should have equal billing/ purses etc is disingenuous. The billing is based on the value of the fight. It’s a PPV (rightly or wrongly), because of Whyte vs Povetkin. That’s what people have paid to see. Therefore that’s the fight that should have top billing.

Comment

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

I greet the boxingscene this fabulous Monday! I just got done reviewing the Katie Taylor vs. Delfine Persoon for the 'Undisputed' women's world lightweight championship this past Saturday, and let me just say, I am more convinced than EVER that Delfine Persoon was ripped-off.

But before I go any further, the title of this thread is flawed, as FOTY implies that Katie Taylor actually put up a fight.

A few things that I noticed as I reviewed the film, Delfine Persoon took over the fight after the second round, Taylor was regularly getting beat-down and gassed by the fourth round. As a result, Delfine Persoon began dominating and dictating where and when the fight took place, Taylor had no choice but fight Persoons fight.

In the gifs posted, I share with you numerous times from rounds 3-7 that Katie Taylor was rag-dolled and staggered. The video evidence clearly shows Persoon cut the ring-off and unloaded on Taylor at will. So this establishes that Delfine Persoon was the 'Ring-General', because one thing is for sure it was not Katie in command.

Delfine Persoon was never walked-down by Katie Taylor, despite getting repeatedly headbutted, Persoon, walked forward and did more damage on Taylor, constantly throwing in combination and swarming Taylor with overwhelming offense, that is effective-aggression -- not pretty but it did the job.

I compared the clean punches and pitiful defense that Katie Taylor executed against Delfine Persoon and it was just not enough to justify a decision in Taylor's favor.

Katie Taylor should have two L's on her record and should be looking to fight Natasha Jonas for a shot at Terri Harper right now. Delfine Persoon beat Katie Taylor twice.
                  Last edited by 1hourRun; 08-24-2020, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    They at least showed more skills than those old fat guys on the main event.
                    Man, the garbage that some people spew at this forum is beyond belief!

Comment

Working...
                    X