Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Persoon: I Respect The Result, Katie Taylor Deserved To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighter78
    replied
    Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
    I actually had Fury winning 8-3-1 in the first fight and was highly pissed at the draw because I had $100 on Fury. It's ironic how you guys claimed Maidana's and Manny's aggression was so effective against Floyd, but when it comes to Persoon's, you move the goalposts, a typical female tactic. You British wankers are hilarious with your drunken hypocrisy. But alas, Karma is undefeated and the chocolate whale got knocked flat on his back just like The Robot did last June. No. Actually, Mr. Joshua spit his mouthpiece out, turned his back and quit vs. Michelin Man.
    I REFUSE to listen to a Brit talk about boxing.....not doing it

Leave a comment:

• Fighter78
    replied
    Folks this was another CLEAR robbery here......and you got dumb specimens like ring iq that say taylor "deserved" the win....but yet HE SCORED IT A DRAW ON HIS LIVE STREAM!...I flipped over after the fight and it was as if SOMEBODY HAD DIED ON THAT LIVE STREAM...LOL....SMDH....and his only proof that Katie taylor won is that Delfine Persoon said that "she's ok with the decision".....as if her being a GOOD SPORT ABOUT IT IS PROOF TO YOU THAT KATIE WON.........These people are born morons WITH A CAPITAL M...and they don't want to see boxing cleaned up....they just want their favorites to advance.

Leave a comment:

• Toffee
    replied
    Originally posted by buddyr View Post
    Persoon definitely landed more than 39 punches in the last 4 rounds. If she was landing nothing, why was Taylor breathing like an adult film star in between rounds, flopping to the canvas for breaks, and clinching while having her head snapped back?
    They're not my stats. They're compubox stats.

But why was she on the canvas? The way I saw it Persoon was running at her throwing her hands like a mong and then wrestling and pushing her down.

Wrestling is tiring. Especially when it's not your sport.

Leave a comment:

• Squared.Circle
    replied
    I actually had Fury winning 8-3-1 in the first fight and was highly pissed at the draw because I had $100 on Fury. It's ironic how you guys claimed Maidana's and Manny's aggression was so effective against Floyd, but when it comes to Persoon's, you move the goalposts, a typical female tactic. You British wankers are hilarious with your drunken hypocrisy. But alas, Karma is undefeated and the chocolate whale got knocked flat on his back just like The Robot did last June. No. Actually, Mr. Joshua spit his mouthpiece out, turned his back and quit vs. Michelin Man.
    Neither Maidana's nor Manny's aggression was effective against Mayweather, so that's a big fail some big differences between Maidana and Persoon though; Maidana's punches were actually effective; Maidana actually showed ring craft; Maidana actually showed decent defence. Persoon showed none of that.

And what would being British have to do with anything? Taylor isn't from Britain ya gret daft pansy that comment just exposed the reasoning behind your (il)logic; Taylor lives near Britain and her promoter is British. Does it really hurt that much that Britain has the best heavyweights (heavyweight = boxing.)?

Leave a comment:

• BlackR0bbb
    replied
    Karma came back to bite Weasel Eddie yesterday for his skulduggery, just like it did last June when The Robot got knocked to his knees multiple times. The way Fat Andy was standing over him, I thought he was boy's daddy.

Leave a comment:

• BlackR0bbb
    replied
    Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
    In what world is throwing eight punches—six of which are slipped, blocked or parried—to land two considered effective aggression? It's certainly not this world. Landing punches is not the only criteria for scoring a fight. Taylor had the much better defence, a scoring criteria; Taylor had the better ring craft, a scoring criteria; In the first four rounds Taylor clearly landed more cleaner punches, a scoring criteria. Persoon was made to miss the target more often than not (ineffective aggression), not a scoring criteria; Persoon showed no ring craft whatsoever, not a scoring criteria; and showed little-to-no effective defence, not a scoring criteria.

Effective punching is also a criteria; how many of those punches that Persoon did manage to land knock Taylor's head back or stop her in her tracks? Most of them were essentially pushing punches. Taylor knocked Persoon's head back on quite a few occasions throughout the fight (not dramatically, but still did). When you have Persoon landing ten pushing punches in a round that have no effect, and Taylor landing two or three punches that force Persoon to reset or knock her head back...Taylor gets more credit. Again, especially considering the fact that Taylor's defence nullified the majority of Persoon's punches.

As I've previously said, there were three or four rounds that clearly went to Taylor. There were two, maybe three rounds that clearly went to Persoon. The rest were close and hard to split. That. Is. Not. A. Robbery. Persoon should indeed have got the win in the first fight, but again, not a robbery.

The arguments for Persoon winning are the same as for Wilder beating Fury in their first fight. "But, but, but...Wilder showed the aggression, he was the one coming forward". Doesn't mean shít if you miss the majority of the shots due to your opponents defence.

Leave a comment:

• buddyr
    replied
    Originally posted by Toffee View Post
    Just went and checked out the punch stats.

From rounds 7-10 Persoon threw 319 punches and landed 39!
    Persoon definitely landed more than 39 punches in the last 4 rounds. If she was landing nothing, why was Taylor breathing like an adult film star in between rounds, flopping to the canvas for breaks, and clinching while having her head snapped back?

Leave a comment:

• Squared.Circle
    replied
    It was closer this time, but Taylor again clearly lost. Landing 1-2 clean shots per round should not win you the round. Persoon missed a lot, but landed a lot also. And the fight was fought on her crude terms 90% of the time. The same guys calling Persoon's aggression "ineffective" were wetting their pants over McCaskill's head down flailing last week. The utter hypocrisy is rich indeed.
    In what world is throwing eight punches—six of which are slipped, blocked or parried—to land two considered effective aggression? It's certainly not this world. Landing punches is not the only criteria for scoring a fight. Taylor had the much better defence, a scoring criteria; Taylor had the better ring craft, a scoring criteria; In the first four rounds Taylor clearly landed more cleaner punches, a scoring criteria. Persoon was made to miss the target more often than not (ineffective aggression), not a scoring criteria; Persoon showed no ring craft whatsoever, not a scoring criteria; and showed little-to-no effective defence, not a scoring criteria.

Effective punching is also a criteria; how many of those punches that Persoon did manage to land knock Taylor's head back or stop her in her tracks? Most of them were essentially pushing punches. Taylor knocked Persoon's head back on quite a few occasions throughout the fight (not dramatically, but still did). When you have Persoon landing ten pushing punches in a round that have no effect, and Taylor landing two or three punches that force Persoon to reset or knock her head back...Taylor gets more credit. Again, especially considering the fact that Taylor's defence nullified the majority of Persoon's punches.

As I've previously said, there were three or four rounds that clearly went to Taylor. There were two, maybe three rounds that clearly went to Persoon. The rest were close and hard to split. That. Is. Not. A. Robbery. Persoon should indeed have got the win in the first fight, but again, not a robbery.

The arguments for Persoon winning are the same as for Wilder beating Fury in their first fight. "But, but, but...Wilder showed the aggression, he was the one coming forward". Doesn't mean shít if you miss the majority of the shots due to your opponents defence.

Leave a comment:

• M Bison
    replied
    Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post
    I had it a draw with of course the swing round going to taylor b/c of A-Side priviledge. It is what it is. Taylor's record doesn't look too good with a draw at this time.
    Yeah, I can see it maybe being a draw. At least this fight was actually closer than the last one, that last fight they had was a clear case of robbery.

Leave a comment:

• BlackR0bbb
    replied
    Originally posted by Squared.Circle View Post
    And that fully explains every comment you post on this forum...you're an actual man bítch

You post that video like it proves a point. What it really shows is Persoon landing about 10 out of 40+ punches. And even at that, it was the last round and one her most successful throughout the fight lol post ones from the first few rounds where Persoon hardly landed a punch while Taylor countered with clean shots. Or ones from the mid-rounds where Persoon, again, was throwing 20 punches to land 4 or 5 (because Taylor was slipping, sliding, blocking and parrying) while Taylor was landing the cleaner shots.

Scoring a fight is not subjective. Ineffective aggression (not landing punches because the opponent's defence, in one way or another, is nullifying those attacks) is not a scoring criteria. Effective defence (blocking, parrying and making your opponent miss) is a scoring criteria. You probably think De La Hoya beat Mayweather for shít sake

A robbery is something like Wilder vs. Fury one, where Fury was the clear winner, without a doubt, yet Wilder gets gifted a draw. A close fight that can be scored by one or two points either way, or a draw, is not a robbery.

You need to put aside your sensitive wiccle emotions when you comment. They literally make you look like the biggest and most deluded ninny-pants hater on the entire forum it's embarrassing.
    It was closer this time, but Taylor again clearly lost. Landing 1-2 clean shots per round should not win you the round. Persoon missed a lot, but landed a lot also. And the fight was fought on her crude terms 90% of the time. The same guys calling Persoon's aggression "ineffective" were wetting their pants over McCaskill's head down flailing last week. The utter hypocrisy is rich indeed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X