DAZN is looking to cut Canelo's money dramatically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAZN is looking to cut Canelo's money dramatically

Not good.....

They better be cutting Golovkin's too. Both contracts were too big.

Comment

Messi and Ronaldo don’t take pay cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
        They better be cutting Golovkin's too. Both contracts were too big.

They can't even afford McWilliams Arroyo looks like

Comment

1.) Canelo has agreed to take a low pay, but how much is the question.

2.) Canelo and GGG agreed for Trilogy for Q4 2020 after their BJS/Szeremeta fights, that commitment was acknowledged by Canelo.

3.) DAZN could easily prorate the current miss of funds for accumulation until his contract ends. That is the most fair assessment because in theory the brand/company grows and pays off their initial investments. That’s what Canelo’s legal and Len’s legal should agree to. It’s rather simple

Comment

Might as well sell this failed experiment now.

Comment

really tragic. I thought DAZN had a decent momentum riding just before the Corona virus hit, but Corona hit them really hard. I hope its not the end.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
                really tragic. I thought DAZN had a decent momentum riding just before the Corona virus hit, but Corona hit them really hard. I hope its not the end.
                If DAZN can afford to still launch and committ to 200 countries as well as buying German rights+ for 4bil then they can easily pay for a Canelo fight.

As Dan Rafael insinuated in the podcast some of the frustration was not delivering GGG trilogy sooner. There’s no point for DAZN to verbally hold that promise against Canelo if it was never in the contract

Comment

Sure, they are. If they want to stay in business; Then it's a must that they restructure his contract.

Comment

Respect to Canelo holding his ground. Whatever DAZN is trying to drop his pay down to Canelo could probably make more than it via PPV so if DAZN renegs on the deal Canelo makes more money perhaps. So it's likely win win for Canelo to not agree to less money & just dispute the contract/get DAZN to opt out of the agreed deal if they won't pay him what's in the contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X