Collapse
No announcement yet.

DAZN is looking to cut Canelo's money dramatically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough spot to be in. No live gate is going to do a number on guaranteed purses.

I can't imagine what sort of paycut Mayweather and Pacquiao would have had to take if they couldn't draw money from ticket sales.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
      I like how everyone avoids the Obvious COVID19 pretty much screwed everyone's money. Boxing's problem industry wide is their ineptitude in adapting to it.

Meanwhile Dana White and the UFC are thriving in this COVID 19 era.
      And thats what makes UFC better boxing.

Too much fuxking drama. DAZN ****ed big time because 35 million a fight? Canelo can't even do that on PPV.

Im telling everyone that once Canelo is free he won't be make near 35 million a fight with him vs a no one.

Not a lot of big names floating around to piggyback on unless he starts collecting belts.

Comment

DAZN can simply not pay him but I bet Canelo backs down because he is gonna waste his prime boxing years in a protracted legal battle.
        ... Canelo & co will have to sue whoever is behind this DAZN...

I like how everyone avoids the Obvious COVID19 pretty much screwed everyone's money. Boxing's problem industry wide is their ineptitude in adapting to it.

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
        And thats what makes UFC better boxing.

Too much fuxking drama. DAZN ****ed big time because 35 million a fight? Canelo can't even do that on PPV.

Im telling everyone that once Canelo is free he won't be make near 35 million a fight with him vs a no one.

Not a lot of big names floating around to piggyback on unless he starts collecting belts.
        DAZN was put up by some shady Ukrainians, I guess... they planned to sell this scam back in 2019... they couldn't and then Covid 19 came...

... but at least canelo made about $100M in three fights...

Comment

Tough spot. Canelo has a fully guaranteed contract so he can play hardball but it likely result in him being on the shelf for a while.
          Seems as if the big rift is DAZN playing games last year after the Jacobs fight. They signed GGG by promising him a 3rd Canelo fight when he wasn’t obligated to do so. After Canelo balked they tried to force it by not approving any MW opponents. Both Canelo and Andrade sides confirmed talks until DAZN said no. This cost Canelo going after all the MW titles and forced him off of his September date.
          Seems like some bad blood. It makes business sense to work it out but sometimes these things get personal and can’t be mended.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Not good.....
            Enter the new version of HBO!

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
              Enter the new version of HBO!
              DAZN MAX

Comment

Canelo...

It all depends on what is in the contract honestly. If his has guarantees in that deal then DAZN cannot just renege on a deal UNLESS they have it in the deal in Fine Print

Bring Back HBO Boxing and HBO PPV just for Canelo if things don't get worked out with DAZN!

Comment

Probably some force majeure type stuff in contract though

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
                    Messi and Ronaldo don’t take pay cuts.
                    So canelo is messi and ggg is Ronaldo right?

Comment

boxing to ufc isnt apples to apples...its apples to some other fruit....the ufc is a brand or a league of sorts...boxing is boxing...dana white can control everything and make any fight he wants without worry.....boxing doesnt have that....they have 3-4 big dogs going at it and competing with each other and trying to cut each others throats.....its absolutely infuriating to me when people reference the ufc in regards to boxing and the business side of it....its not even close

Comment

Working...
                      X