• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
    Messi and Ronaldo don’t take pay cuts.
    Lmao! GOOOOAL!!

Comment

So now Canelo has to take a drastic pay cut? I thought the original issue was not having a 8-10M gate preventing them from paying his opponent a good purse? These are two different issues. But he obviously shouldn't take a "dramatic" pay cut which makes no sense at all. DAZN sure isn't having trouble spending money as they paid big bucks for the Germany futbol league and they just acquired BKB stateside while giving PVZ multi-million per fight.

Anyways, just hope Canelo gets on sometime later this year and then fights GGG next May just to end that annoying drama. DAZN will finally be happy and both parties can move on.

Comment

Steve Kim mentioned that there might be a clause where if DAZN can’t meet the contract, they may have to let him go

Comment

DAZN is flopping harder than Bron at this point. If they can't pay Canelo the money he can make it elsewhere in better fights than what DAZN right now can offer beyond a 37 year old GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by HrNY View Post
            Steve Kim mentioned that there might be a clause where if DAZN can’t meet the contract, they may have to let him go
            Canelo's out of there. I've been saying this since last year. DAZN was writing blank checks in HOPES subs would come based on Canelo's notoriety. He can go out on his own and fight Al's guys and still be the A side and make a killing.

Comment

Originally posted by HrNY View Post
              Hmm....... a tweet or do I have to suffer through a Steve Kim podcast?

Comment

DAZN is looking for a cheaper option for Julio Cesar Martinez than McWilliams Arroyo.

Let that sink in, fellas...

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Respect to Canelo holding his ground. Whatever DAZN is trying to drop his pay down to Canelo could probably make more than it via PPV so if DAZN renegs on the deal Canelo makes more money perhaps. So it's likely win win for Canelo to not agree to less money & just dispute the contract/get DAZN to opt out of the agreed deal if they won't pay him what's in the contract.
                  DAZN can simply not pay him but I bet Canelo backs down because he is gonna waste his prime boxing years in a protracted legal battle.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    So now Canelo has to take a drastic pay cut? I thought the original issue was not having a 8-10M gate preventing them from paying his opponent a good purse? These are two different issues. But he obviously shouldn't take a "dramatic" pay cut which makes no sense at all. DAZN sure isn't having trouble spending money as they paid big bucks for the Germany futbol league and they just acquired BKB stateside while giving PVZ multi-million per fight.

Anyways, just hope Canelo gets on sometime later this year and then fights GGG next May just to end that annoying drama. DAZN will finally be happy and both parties can move on.
                    I like how everyone avoids the Obvious COVID19 pretty much screwed everyone's money. Boxing's problem industry wide is their ineptitude in adapting to it.

Meanwhile Dana White and the UFC are thriving in this COVID 19 era.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

Not good.....
                      DAZN going out of business. HBO is going to buy them up for pennies on the dollar and get back into the boxing business on the cheap. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X