Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I Won't Lose Money On Loma-Lopez Because Lopez Thinks He's Worth More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not a Lopez fanboy but he should get more than 1.2. He’s the star from America. He’s the one that’s going to talk up the fight. Loma doesn’t speak English.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post
      I’m not a Lopez fanboy but he should get more than 1.2. He’s the star from America. He’s the one that’s going to talk up the fight. Loma doesn’t speak English.
      Non English speaking Loma had more viewers in his last ESPN fight than "star" Lopez.

Comment

look no further than bob having pac with TR and people saying "what about pac/crawford"?!?!.....well bob didnt wanna make the fight....because people, himself included, thought pac was washed up and hed have to pay pac too much money to make the fight profitable and nobody would care if crawford beat pac and crawford wouldnt get any credit

the minute pac bounces and beats an unbeaten pbc WW champ all of the sudden bob is mightily interested again

no its not the same...but theres a similarity there....bob wont make the fight unless its on good terms for himself.......

and we all know bob hates when guys stand up to him or think theyre worth more than he thinks they are....he hates when fighters stand up for themselves....like oscar did...like floyd did and several others...he loathes it...he likes obedient yes men that take whatever he dangles in front of them and depend on him.....he hates it when they stick up for themselves and want their worth

Comment

Lopez should buy out and come over to the PBC 🥊

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            Bob Arum and Teofimo Lopez have drawn their proverbial lines in the sand. Their respective stances have placed the unbeaten IBF lightweight champion's showdown with Vasiliy Lomachenko in jeopardy. They're tentatively scheduled to fight October 3 in Las Vegas, but Arum disagrees with Lopez and Lopez's manager, David McWater, on how much money the biggest fight of Lopez's career should be worth to him.
            [Click Here To Read More]
            Cheers, BIGPOPAPUM!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              look no further than bob having pac with TR and people saying "what about pac/crawford"?!?!.....well bob didnt wanna make the fight....because people, himself included, thought pac was washed up and hed have to pay pac too much money to make the fight profitable and nobody would care if crawford beat pac and crawford wouldnt get any credit

the minute pac bounces and beats an unbeaten pbc WW champ all of the sudden bob is mightily interested again

no its not the same...but theres a similarity there....bob wont make the fight unless its on good terms for himself.......

and we all know bob hates when guys stand up to him or think theyre worth more than he thinks they are....he hates when fighters stand up for themselves....like oscar did...like floyd did and several others...he loathes it...he likes obedient yes men that take whatever he dangles in front of them and depend on him.....he hates it when they stick up for themselves and want their worth
              Well, maybe. The problem here is that Lopez is rolling the dice. Say he does do this, takes a fight with his mandatory, and then loses it, loses his title. His chance at a million dollar payday goes as fast as it came. So Lopez is trying to play the hand he's dealt, but it's possible that it's not as strong as he thinks because the guy sitting next to him might call him on it, meaning he loses his next fight. And then Lopez has no title, buried by Top Rank, and will likely not be attractive to other promotors. He also won't have the money like the others to buy out his contract or pay for the attorneys to get him out of it. He's trying to call with a pair of aces. I hope his gamble pays off, but we the fans looking to lose the fight to which all have been looking forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                , You just gotta love this spoiled generation. Demanding more money when there is NO LIVE GATE and millions of people out of work that have more important things to spend their money on than Boxing PPV's.

Teofimo and Crawford can now go fight some C Level fighters.

PS: Teofimo and his pops just made it on Bob's Sh.it. List. Bob is gonna shelf his career now lol.
                His price wasn’t met so he went with his mandatory. How does that make him spoiled ? You ever play the stock market ? You don’t sell when the stock is bottom barrel low. You wait for the price to rise and then sell. Same with houses, hell, same with jobs. At some point jobs are more in demand so that’s when you start looking around.

Fans or no fans in the arena, Lina is a dangerous fight. If Lopez wants to get paid a certain amount for it he has the right to seek that. And if he takes 300k while he waits out the situation that seems pretty smart to me.

Surprised that all you guys just take whatever somebody throws at you. Would hate to see you guys in times of a work strike. You’d be the first to cross back over the picket line. Lol

Comment

Looks like Lopez priced himself
                  Out.

ESPN doesn’t give a fucc about boxing after the losses they’ve taken with Top Rank. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just rather be done with them all together. No way they will give Out more money for a boxing match With Active Seasons from MLB, NBA and NFL just around the corner.

Lopez isn’t a fool for Not taking the Fight. It’s his life, he has the right to choose his path.

IMO he has chosen a cowards
                  Path. He begged for the fight, he needs to take It for integrity’s sake. For Boxing and For Honduras. Especially because we are in a pandemic, Honduras needs something to believe in.

Fucc Lopez if he don’t take the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post
                    His price wasn’t met so he went with his mandatory. How does that make him spoiled ? You ever play the stock market ? You don’t sell when the stock is bottom barrel low. You wait for the price to rise and then sell. Same with houses, hell, same with jobs. At some point jobs are more in demand so that’s when you start looking around.

Fans or no fans in the arena, Lina is a dangerous fight. If Lopez wants to get paid a certain amount for it he has the right to seek that. And if he takes 300k while he waits out the situation that seems pretty smart to me.

Surprised that all you guys just take whatever somebody throws at you. Would hate to see you guys in times of a work strike. You’d be the first to cross back over the picket line. Lol
                    Yeah. But unlike stocks and bonds, you've got someone who'll come along and take your ****, take your belt; plus you will be reviled by the public. It might be the same as seeing that the company you've invested so much into is filing for bankruptcy.

Now that he's a champ, he's not going to be gifted with matchmaker magic. He's going to have to fight contenders now. Losing that belt is a real possibility. And then he'll never get a shot at lightweight unification.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post
                      Well, maybe. The problem here is that Lopez is rolling the dice. Say he does do this, takes a fight with his mandatory, and then loses it, loses his title. His chance at a million dollar payday goes as fast as it came. So Lopez is trying to play the hand he's dealt, but it's possible that it's not as strong as he thinks because the guy sitting next to him might call him on it, meaning he loses his next fight. And then Lopez has no title, buried by Top Rank, and will likely not be attractive to other promotors. He also won't have the money like the others to buy out his contract or pay for the attorneys to get him out of it. He's trying to call with a pair of aces. I hope his gamble pays off, but we the fans looking to lose the fight to which all have been looking forward.
                      trust me...i want this fight as much as the next guy...its one of the better ones that can be made in the sport...

but lopez isnt going to take less than he feels its worth to him....i know lopez and his dad arent the brightest bunch but i think they know a little about the biz...or at least someone around them does....they feel like this is short money

its a risk either way...but its less risky for lopez to lose this fight and take easier ones for less money over the next year and a half.....there are some who swear that loma will dominate this kid and embarrass him so bad that hell never be the same after( i personally think thats a crock but i know its certainly possible too)......so why would he take less than he feels the fight is worth? because a bunch of guys who will never see that kind of money in a year say so? because a bunch of fans who want to watch it say so?

i understand the frustration...but i dont think bob ever really wanted to do this fight..unless its on his terms...and if it got killed it was always going to be teos fault in the eyes of the fans.....

Comment

Working...
                      X