Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Permanently Removes Malignaggi From Broadcasting Team Over IFL TV Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Jones time baby!

Comment

That sucks. He was really good at it and at times the most unbiased commentator as the fight was going on. Plus he sees things that the other commentators miss or don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
        Just another guy who was great in previous era's but can no longer fit in today's pussified era.
        well if you miss the bygone eras of the "good old days", eddie hearn is having a slave fight featuring dillian whyte on eddie's plantation in less a month

Comment

Originally posted by skinny kenny View Post
          Paulie said ahmaud abery should have killed during a twitter argument. he said there is no such thing as racism. he let his true feelings be known throughout the covid shutdown
          Originally posted by paulf View Post
          In reference to Devin Haney, he said he didn't want to get into racial commentary, but then said:

"I don't know if Devin got the memo, but its no longer the time of the African American anymore in boxing. It's the Eastern European that has become the dominant species in boxing."

Later suggested that Haney's promoter was afraid of him losing to a white fighter, and that he believed racial oppression doesn't exist in 2020 and that it's all made up.
          That’s no reason to remove him from the commentary booth IMO, his personal views don’t reflect the opinion of showtime.

Hopefully Sky or BT get him over here. He’s worked with both in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
            Roy Jones time baby!
            Would be a great replacement...

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              This HATER Paulie Malignaggi, said the EASTERN-EUROPEAN has become the dominant species in boxing! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Keep it real Malignaggi, you are just bigging-up your best win over that euro-bum Vyacheslav Senchenko for the WBA regular title.
              I'ts pretty bizarre. By my count, there are twice as many African American champions as Eastern Europeans ones (nine vs five). I don't get what he means.

And his comment on black people not facing consequences for speaking recklessly is simply wrong. Nick Canon just lost his job for saying racist ****.

As a public figure, Paulie's dumb ass should have KNOWN that that saying "Eastern Europeans are the dominant species" in the ****ing radio would make him unemployed immediately.

Dude is a moron and stayed true to form, I guess.

Originally posted by Khalid X View Post
              Good. Paulie was complete trash.

From baseless steroid accusation against Pacquiao, crying because he got wrecked by Connor, to always sounding like an emotional b1tch.......Good ****in riddance.

Bum a$$ fighter....garbage a$$ commentator.
              Couldn't agree more. He was literally famous for crying about other fighters accomplishments. Dude made boxing look bad so often that you'd think that was his job.
              Last edited by paulf; 07-30-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

No secret that IFL TV is in bed with Hearn. No secret that DAZN's announcing team sucks and Hearn wanted a upgrade there. 3D chess being played by Hearn to get Paulie over to DAZN!

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  That sucks. He was really good at it and at times the most unbiased commentator as the fight was going on. Plus he sees things that the other commentators miss or don't understand.
                  I always felt he was the least biased too.

Comment

I listened to the interview in its entirety and he doesn't discuss immigration as the article mentions. The interviewer asked Paulie about Haney's comments. Paulie didn't seem to know about them in advance and after the commentator explained, Paulie initially says he doesn't want to discuss race.

He then proceeds to say the Eastern Europeans are the dominant "species" at the moment. He talks of how different ethnic groups dominated the fight game in different eras: Irish, Italians & ***s, African Americans and now Eastern European.

IMO, what gets him in trouble is when he says he doesn't think there is racial oppression of blacks right now (using Haney's comments and the lack of blowback as proof) and referring to ethnic groups as "species". I imagine the lack of apology or contrition is what cost him his job.

I don't think he should have lost his job nor did I think Haney should have received blowback for the initial comment. While Malignaggi may be wrong in his assessments, I don't think they were hateful words. The problem is that in today's society, there is very little tolerance for anything that can be mistaken as offensive. I like Paulie as commentator and hope to see him again in the future.

Comment

Just listened to the interview.
                      The indoctrinators were probably bothered by the part in which he said that "racial oppression is being exaggerated by the media", which is totally true.
                      Sky will probably drop him too cuz they're owned by US MSM indoctrinator Comcast.

Comment

Working...
                      X