Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Permanently Removes Malignaggi From Broadcasting Team Over IFL TV Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked Paulie as a commentator. Didn't know he was that biased.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Nice video. The truth. Green K.
      Thank you kind sir.

Comment

• I wish Paulie would have clarified or at least partly apologized for his statement so he could stick around as a commentator (if Showtime indeed gave him that option). But knowing Paulie he's not one to bend at all.

Imagine how that conversation went down though lol.

Showtime Exec: "Hi Paulie, how are you. Listen, our PR office caught wind of the interview you did with IFL. Some of the things you said give a pretty bad look given everything that's going on."

Paulie: "Ohsowhat, yougonnafiremecuzIhaveanopinion?? Aguycanthaveanopinion???"

Showtime Exec: "Of course you can Paulie, but a lot of people are going to be unhappy with how you put things. It's bad for Showtime and we want you to make a statement apologizing for some of the things you said."

Paulie: "HEHE, apologize?!!? Youwantmetoapologize?! Apologizeforwhat? Apologizefortellingitlikeitis? Apologizeforcallingthissnowflakebull****forwhatiti s? DidyoucallDevinHaneyandtellhimtoapologize? Orjustmecuzonlyblacklivesmatterright? Whiteguysopinionsdon'tmatterright?"

Showtime Exec: "Paulie-"

Paulie: "Nononono, sayitlikeitis. Sayitlikeitis. Alhaymon, andandandandand-alhaymonandgeorgesorosgotyouguysbythebawls. Bythebawls. Stickyerpc*******bull****upyerassya****in***prick-"

END OF TRANSCRIPT

Comment

• All these white supremacists mad about Paulie getting the can and mad about black lives matter, black economic empowerment, and basically anything taking white nationalism to task makes me laugh....HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And when you lot then go off about us ***s it makes me laugh even harder! The entitlement is PATHETIC. The proverbial icing on the cake is when the obvious 4/8chan incels start ranting about “woke”, “PC”, “cancel culture”, “Marxist”, “race baiting”, and all the little geeked out online gamer potential mass shooter white nationalist phrases come out! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by boogbx View Post
            Right on!

My argument stems that I rank the Cruiserweight division on par with 147, those are some
            Bad men at cruiser.

Gassiev, Dorticos, Briedis, Huck are some bad men. Good fighters.

USYK reigned supreme and cleaned out the division traveling to the other guys turf. Usually winning in devastating fashion, moves up.

I used to argue Toney would smash USYK, not so Sure anymore.

Let me be clear I was a big fan of Crawford as I am of fighters that believe in family, their community and fighting the best.

Crawford is a talented switch hitter, but not sure about his whiskers. I got a feeling he’s chinny. That’s unproven so you get points deducted from me.

Hell fucc USYK. To it’s blasphemous to rank Crawford above Chocolatito who just kod Kafai to become
            Another world
            Champion.

You want to discuss
            Gifted fighters, Chocolatito
            Till his casket drops on that great warrior.

I agree Crawford has fought the best available, given the contracts and willingness from other fighters to fight him, but he could move up. Their are better challenges than what he’s taken.

I could see Crawford #2, it’s argued by many people I
            Respect. This is all
            My humble opinion.

Crawford is a good fighter. But I just want him to fight the best and until he does that I can’t rank him above other fighters that do.
            I understand your point of view and though I never thought Dorticos, Briedis and Huck were great...I didn't expect USYK to completely out class them. That said, Chocolatito is certainly getting screwed. You make some solid points and some I hadn't even considered before.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I’m 100% against racism and what Malignaggi said is somewhat true. I would partially agree with him. I think Eastern European fighters are very well represented especially as technical boxers as well as power hitters. With Lomachenko, Beterbiev, Golovkin, Kovalev, Usyk, Bivol, Derevyanchenko, Breidis, etc.

The reason I say partially is because it’s not true that African Americans time in boxing is over and that is the time for the Eastern Europeans. You have several weight classes that are dominated by African Americans for example 147-154. There are also top 10 African Americans in boxing than there is Eastern Europeans.

Really just an ill-advised comment by Paulie because it’s only partially true and as an analyst you just can’t go around saying things that are partially false. Especially when it comes to race.

Devin Haney is also a dumbass for making that comment. When Hopkins made similar comments, first, he was already a future HOF’er. Secondly the racial tensions at the time were not the same as they are now. Haney hasn’t even fought good fighter yet and Lomachenko most likely does whoop his ass right now. Haney also can’t seem to even crack an egg so I don’t know where he gets his confidence from. His boxing skills against lower level opponents?
              I think as another poster mentioned, Paulie saying that the claim of oppression of African Americans in this century is a little exaggerated is what got him canned. The subject can be debated, but as an African American, I can say things were much, much worse before than they are now. But, there is always room for improvement. Black men are still being murdered by white cops and other racist assholes. So, a white guy downplaying the oppression of a race to which he does not belong is bound to generate some backlash.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingOfGlory View Post
                They were deplatformed because they made comments about ***s. What does that have to do with white people?

Had they said it about white people instead of ***s there would be zero media backlash.
                ***ish is not a race, it’s a religion. There are black ***s, there are white ***s. Why are you people so gotdamn ******?

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  ***ish is not a race, it’s a religion. There are black ***s, there are white ***s. Why are you people so gotdamn ******?
                  ^This

"***ishness" has *nothing* to do with genetics.

Comment

• didnt paulie lose a bare knuckle match to a NON pro trucker driver lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                      He got fired cuz he’s a lying baised racist pos he’s a known hater of anything non white so I get why the white folks here are defending him no biggie yet this dumb fucck knows damn well th number one boxer today is a Mexican and he won’t say it he also recently was called out on air by a British commentator who said to him “ hey Paulie you have something personal against canelo don’t you” and he tried to beat around the bush not answering but the commentator insisted yes you do again this was a British analyst defending canelo.

Bottom line is this POS Paulie had it coming it’s been years that he’s been falsely accusing fighters he doesn’t like for straight up racial reasons.

Fuuuclkk that cunnnt pos bum he had it coming.
                      ————-

If you are assuming I’m write, then I’ll tell you that I am not.

I’ve never heard Paulie say anything racist towards anyone but stick to the reasons he’s being fired. That’s what Showtime has said so based on that, did Paulie day anything that was racist??
                      He did not.

He talked about different eras of boxing being dominated by different races in response to the notion that African Americans rule boxing today. He said that wasn’t true. If anything European fighters are the top guys at the moment (AJ and Fury leading them).

He talked about the time Irish boxers ruled boxing and then Italian and ***ish boxers. He talked about how African American boxers ruled boxing in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s.

This is no different from how we talk about styles : Mexican style, European style and African American styles.

How the fück was that racist?

Comment

Working...
                      X