Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Too Fast" Fury vs "The Greatest" Ali: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who are all these Fury alts?

Ali faced every style possible, yes Fury is very quick for a big man but he doesn't hit that hard, his punch output isn't high compared to a lot of the great heavies and Ali has the ability and intelligent to fight however he likes. It would be tough, don't get me wrong but Ali has too much from every angle. Close but Ali all day.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Frazier 3 , Norton ,those guys that were televised as well as Foreman then a few after that.
      Thanks .I tend to agree with Ali when he said:
      " he was the greatest heavyweight of all time ".

I think boxing today is more exciting though with way more ways to watch I don’t think you guys know how lucky having apps and internet access is ,if they were broadcast over the radio like yesteryear they would have you believe these guys were some superheroes you would read about it’s why it’s a little insane claiming fighters threw punches way different back then and were to advanced ,a punch is a punch for the most part it’s what one does with an all around skill set that’s going to matter on their style .
      Yes.I sometimes watch Box nation of which my broadband provider BT has given me as part of my deal with them.I often watch boxing on YouTube channels as well .I tend though to stick to the boxing autobiography's as opposed to the journalistic accounts of magazines like the ring which by all accounts has gone downhill although special mention must go to ringside seat a new e magazine. Likewise they bring a annual book out in print which isnt bad.

Comment

Ali was lucky in a time he had very few guys bigger then him who really weren’t that good ,of course no one looked at it that way there was no social media and nothing to compare them to like now . He had flaws Fury would exploit and would struggle severely against far less talent then Fury himself in other match ups so he’s more of a gimmick in terms of how he’s perceived.

Fury could just easily switch to southpaw and give Ali hell but the key for Ali was always wearing down guys with his length and clinching in spots to frustrate ,hows he going to do that with a clever far bigger Fury . Ali was not an aggressive puncher so it’s a mismatch really ,Fury would coast to a UD in current form ,the fight would probably look real sloppy to unless they fought a trilogy , maybe Ali wins one but I wouldn’t bet on it .

Edit : Sure for his time Ali was the best we saw ,I watched him live when VCRs weren’t even around but looking at a realistic view it’s not a good match up for Ali even if boxing historically try and make him unbeatable that’s as unrealistic as anything ever in sports in general,times change and so do the athletic times . Ali was in a time we all saw him as a huge giant as was Foreman, go into the late 70”s and 80”s and the long jabbers came int the scene but thats another topic. Nowadays the old big is now the new little guys .
        So Fury gets dropped for a 7 count by Cunningham and loses rounds to Walling and is damn near KOed and fights a draw with sloppy poor boxing Wilder and yet he is so much better than Ali that the fight is a mismatch in his favor. Do you by chance live in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          So Fury gets dropped for a 7 count by Cunningham and loses rounds to Walling and is damn near KOed and fights a draw with sloppy poor boxing Wilder and yet he is so much better than Ali that the fight is a mismatch in his favor. Do you by chance live in the UK?

Fury won all of those fights.

Yes, Cunningham dropped him, but Fury stopped him later.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
            With mythical match-ups you have to go with each guy at their best. Ali was almost out for around 90 secnds vs Henry Cooper, who is very limited. Knocked down at the end of round, barely able to come out for next round. Fury was knocked down by Pajkic at around age 22 and very raw, at that time Fury was not even a top 20 HW.

He was only 24 and still improving when he was dropped by Cunningham. Since then the only guy to drop him is Wilder, fully understandable.

Fury is bigger than Ali, and as good or better than Ali at everything also. I actually think prime vs prime, Fury wins handily.
            Ali was 24 with Cooper to, funny how you try to excuse Fury at 24 but at like that was Ali at his best

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
              With mythical match-ups you have to go with each guy at their best. Ali was almost out for around 90 secnds vs Henry Cooper, who is very limited. Knocked down at the end of round, barely able to come out for next round. Fury was knocked down by Pajkic at around age 22 and very raw, at that time Fury was not even a top 20 HW.

He was only 24 and still improving when he was dropped by Cunningham. Since then the only guy to drop him is Wilder, fully understandable.

Fury is bigger than Ali, and as good or better than Ali at everything also. I actually think prime vs prime, Fury wins handily.
              Ali got up at the count of 3 and stopped Cooper in the next round. There was no "out" for 90 seconds between. Ali was also young at 21 years of age. Stop lying.

https://youtu.be/Jyu2iCkrHmE

Comment

Ali tires Fury out and pushes him over late rounds. double confident if it's 15

Comment

I would choose Ali in a heartbeat. Ali had quicker hands and feet, could move better, and put combinations together better and with higher volume than Fury. It wouldn't be easy though, Ali was accustomed to fighting from the outside as he often had size and reach advantages and relied on his footwork. But I think he pulls off a UD win.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx... View Post
                    Ali was 24 with Cooper to, funny how you try to excuse Fury at 24 but at like that was Ali at his best
                    Not the point I was making at all. I was saying we have to have them both at their best. And Fury wins all day every day for me.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                      Ali got up at the count of 3 and stopped Cooper in the next round. There was no "out" for 90 seconds between. Ali was also young at 21 years of age. Stop lying.

https://youtu.be/Jyu2iCkrHmE
                      He was barely conscious in the corner for the entire minute. I was saying they would both had to be at their best in a mythical match and Ali at his best, would not beat Fury at his best. How does he beat him exactly?

He isn't outboxing Fury from range. So he;s going to rough Fury up on the inside? I think not.

Comment

Working...
                      X