• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
    You said Tua moved his feet. LMAAOOOOO

I can't take you seriously after that. LMAO
    You said Ruiz move his

It's got to suck to be from the second fiddle nation. I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Long jabber View Post
      Tua and ike were solid fighters. I believe any top 10 from any era could rise to the occasion if they were transported to another era magically or some ****. These are men with strong desires to win most even ready to give up their lives to win. Boxing is skill then will then athleticism in terms of importance. You can only get so strong or so fast, and unless people start growing another arm or leg techniques are not gonna change and evolve past what we have now(same stuff from the 60s 70s 80s 90s 00s 10s). Dont underestimate a mans desire to win
      To get in the ring and take huge punches alone takes a lot of heart. We all see all the huge muscled-up guys who think boxing in this era is easy get knocked outs and beat up fat cabbies and retire.

So why do people tend to shyt on this era like the boxers from the other eras were special? People talk about Ruddock like he’s some killer when he’s not different from a guy like Dillian Whyte. I’d pick Ruiz to beat Tua easily - both have a lot in common but Ruiz will overwhelm him with his extreme hand speed like Byrd did (Byrd’s hands weren’t even as fast as Ruiz’s). I’ve seen more from Dubois who I think is still is green than I saw in Bruno and Bruno was a WBC champion in the 90s. Golota was very similar to Helenius but he was considered a serious contender in the 90s and Helenius is more or less a journeyman in this era.

You lot need to stop hyping the 90s. And the 80s was trash - boxers on the Wlad and Vitali era of the 00s were better than 80s.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        You said Ruiz move his

It's got to suck to be from the second fiddle nation. I get it.
        LMAO. Making shyt up, are we? Even my biggest opponents on here know I’ve always said Ruiz has slow feet. And Tua wasn’t different from Ruiz.

You’re the one who claimed Tua moved his feet. LMAOOO.

What an idiot!

Comment

All era's of boxing have used promotion hype and whatever to get the public interested in bouts that is not new but this current HW division seems to have a bit more hype then talent from the start of how they set up fights leading up to the titles. They sure seemed to have to build these current fighters more so then in the past era's Just my take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 57Blues View Post
            All era's of boxing have used promotion hype and whatever to get the public interested in bouts that is not new but this current HW division seems to have a bit more hype then talent from the start of how they set up fights leading up to the titles. They sure seemed to have to build these current fighters more so then in the past era's Just my take on it.
            And Mike Tyson didn’t have hype despite not beating anyone? Bowe?

Comment

LMAO. Making shyt up, are we? Even my biggest opponents on here know I’ve always said Ruiz has slow feet. And Tua wasn’t different from Ruiz.

You’re the one who claimed Tua moved his feet. LMAOOO.

What an idiot!
              That's fair, you did say just as slow, I misread the post.

All the same, yeah, Tua moves his feet much more than ****ing Ruiz, ya cornball ass mother ****er.

Tua has faster hands too. Ruiz having fast hands is some **** people say because his hands are faster than slow as dirt clowns like Joshua...ffs.

Tyson had fast hands

Patterson had fast hands

Ruiz has fast hands compared to dog**** speed.

Tua has fast hands compared to ****ing Tyson and Patterson...you know...actually fast...goddamn the level of stupid this conversation is at is frustrating....ffs.

Ruiz has better timing. They're virtually nothing alike except being short and fat....BUT.....this ****ing **** knows techniques.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                That’s really every era you go to just like this one will surpass the 90”s and whatever current one will be bums by the fans . This has happened in the 1990s to , most posters weren’t around they were treated harshly they just do the same thing today . AJ is a better fighter then Lewis who needed Manny Steward as did Klitschko history is funny this way , they dump on a higher caliber fighter because he’s not bigged up by history , Fury as well up until his Wilder win everyone was saying the guy couldn’t punch is just one example .
                that will never be said about the 00s

Comment

That's fair, you did say just as slow, I misread the post.

All the same, yeah, Tua moves his feet much more than ****ing Ruiz, ya cornball ass mother ****er.

Tua has faster hands too. Ruiz having fast hands is some **** people say because his hands are faster than slow as dirt clowns like Joshua...ffs.

Tyson had fast hands

Patterson had fast hands

Ruiz has fast hands compared to dog**** speed.

Tua has fast hands compared to ****ing Tyson and Patterson...you know...actually fast...goddamn the level of stupid this conversation is at is frustrating....ffs.

Ruiz has better timing. They're virtually nothing alike except being short and fat....BUT.....this ****ing **** knows techniques.
                  LMAOOO at Tua having faster hands than Ruiz.

Comment

Tua = Ruiz huh?

From someone who watches for the technical stuff

Name me one pro level technique that isn't easily googled. Something you have to actually do some research for. Either a deep googling or, ya know, go to a ****ing gym because Tua's far beyond ****ing Ruiz for FFS.

Lennox did more running? Probably because Tua has faster feet than Ruiz has ever displayed huh?

More movement out of Tua in round one than Ruiz the whole ****ing fight but basically the same.

More posturing out of Tua than Ruiz has his whole ****ing career but we is watching for the techniques and we is seeing same....sure.

More action probably because Tua damn near doubled Ruiz's output huh?

Tua in the 12th round still out performed Ruiz in the first, but, these mug are basically the same.

Must be nostalgia. Has nothing to do with actually know techniques worth a **** and seeing them all fall to the sidelines while absolute technical munchkins get praised by ****s who claim they're into the technical side but can't ****ing name a single one not handed to them by mass media.

I wasn't alive in the 50s you dumb dick. Doesn't stop me from seeing Joe Walcott had the biggest bag of tricks. It's not nostalgia, it's recognition.
                    You are talking trash again , Tua didn’t have Ruiz skills even Holyfield who has shared the ring with both said Ruiz would be a handful for him . Tua was a very predictable fighter with reliant on a left while Ruiz is the more capable boxer the main thing they share is being to heavy for their respective heights .

Comment

That era wasn't special. Tua and Ibeabuchi who're talked about like killers remind me of Mukabu at cruiserweight. Nothing Special.

Due to nostalgia, people talk about these guys, even Ruddock, Moorer, Tubbs et al like they were some super-skilled killers. But when you watch the videos - those guys weren't even as good as the contenders we have today. If a guy like Bruno could win a title in that era, a lot of contenders in today's era would've done the same.
                      Today’s fighters are better , more Olympic and national champions they are also size able which makes it harder for lighter guys if you look at most matches the heavier guy wins most of the time. I made an actual thread on that about the Fury rematch and was laughed at .

The 90”s had great fighters, Mercer, Morrison , Bowe , Tyson , Holyfield , Foreman etc but they aren’t leaps and bounds what we have now ,I’d favor today’s guys over them more then not . The Klitschko brothers were also around .
                      Last edited by REDEEMER; 03-27-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X