Comments Thread For: Froch Confident He Would Have Beat Up, Defeated Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    It is ok to disagree.

Golovkin would of beaten a lot of fighters at 168, I just feel that Carl Froch specifically had certain attributes that would of challenged Golovkin 'Froch is probably physically the strongest most durable super-middleweight of all-time, and a very awkward boxer to dominate' Froch had a better jab than Golovkin, make no doubt about it? Froch was a underrated boxer, many people forget that he was boxing Groves in their second fight 'Before banging him out'.

Golovkin should move up to 168 pound division now, and fight Callum Smith 'That would be a great achievement for him, if he could win etc'
    Man idk I think a lot of what has made GGG special is his jab...honestly pfp it is as good as any I've seen...it sets up everything for him...he isn't really a quick combo puncher, so he has just relied on that jab to judge distance, and it's been a great measuring stick and scoring punch for him.

Yeah Froch would not have been a walk in the park by any means...I tend to favor the guy who was the better amateur when deciding who the better boxer usually is, and that would be GGG...but I've watched more of GGG than Froch so perhaps there is something I've missed with the Cobra.

From what I've seen he was tough as nails, great power, great chin...but rather limited skills and not super quick/athletic...but if you have those first 3 characteristics, you can go a looooooong way.

Comment

Cobra didn't have this venom when GGG had that momentum....IJS

Comment

I think Froch is bordering elite. But gg g hasn't really been beaten still. Froch would test ggg, like he would test calzaghe.
        But ultimately I'd think gg g would have edge

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
          2014-1017, some say even 2013
          During 2014-2017 he won:

Interim WBC against Rubio in 2014
          Regular IBF against Lemieux in 2015

And he unified or attempted to unify with Danny Jacobs and Canelo in 2017

During that time GGG refused fights with:
          1. Canelo at 155 CW - the weight Canelo won the titles at
          2. Ward at 168 - the weight GGG/Sanchez called Ward out at
          3. Dervenchenko and Andrade. GGG later fought and LOST to Dervenchenko in 2019
          4. Erislandy Lara
          5. Kell Brook at 157 - refused to concede 3 pounds and forced Kell to move up 13 instead of 10 pounds
          6. BJS

Can be more specific about people avoiding GGG? During 2013-2017 or any time frame

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
            LIL G is one division champ he never took any risks in his career I back Froch to win based simply on the fact lil g wouldn’t move to SMW to take the fight with a retired fighter. I used to be a big fan of golovkin but not anymore
            Froch was a one division champ also. Your post makes zero sense. How come Froch never moved up to 175 or down to 160??

Comment

little g has had one of the most carefully crafted and fraudulent careers I've ever seen in boxing. I'm pretty sure froch would've beat the dog walking s--t outta the 'mad tv' boy. Sad we never got to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
                little g has had one of the most carefully crafted and fraudulent careers I've ever seen in boxing. I'm pretty sure froch would've beat the dog walking s--t outta the 'mad tv' boy. Sad we never got to see it.

as soon as Froch figured out that Golovkin was far less-effective off the back foot, Golovkin would get the business

there is nothing to indicate that Golovkin could have beaten a PROVEN monster like Froch

these guys all pretend that Golovkin would have treated Froch like he treated Curtis Stevens... completely forgetting the respect that Golovkin showed for the HUGE underdog Danny Jacobs

I would back the proven monster in that matchup

Comment

Canelo has proven that to beat Golovkin you have to be a special fighter.

Froch was definitely not a special fighter lol.

Comment

George Groves had Froch badly hurt, GGG would destroyed Froch.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      George Groves had Froch badly hurt, GGG would destroyed Froch.

Groves got KTFO

I don't think Golovkin could beat Groves either

#toobigtoostrong

Comment

Working...
                      X