Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Boxing Follow The NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    The problem with this virus is that you can have no symptoms for 14 days while being contagious. It's so easy for the virus to spread in those conditions.
    ...and if you can have it for such a long period of time with no symptoms, it isn't really that bad is it? Especially when you can recover from it on your own, and 999/1000 that get it will be completely fine with no real medications needed.

It's like the flu, just worse for people who are already compromised...not fun but overblown...society should not stop for this, it's dumb.

Comment

donovan mitchell now tested positive too and he's a superstar NBA player. What's scary is mitchell has zero symptoms. He was only tested because his teammate was positive and they forced all players to get tested if not for that he wouldn't of been tested and would continue spreading it to anyone he comes in contact with.

Comment

Originally posted by masterpatric09 View Post
        If is a pandemic how is that only 31 deaths in AMerica.when Heart attacks kill 1500 persons a day x365 do the math.There is more death in heart attacks alone in an hour than the total Corona virus in a month or 2 since the virus has been noticed.It is a Hoax to take our freedom and vaccinate control borders.The great Trib starts next year REpent and place your faith in YAHUSHA do the Feasts and commandments https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hQLYJ13R7g&t=1318s Corona Virus is the same as a cold.
        It's only killed 37 people in America so far, that's not the total it could wind up killing. The number of daily infections and daily deaths are increasing at a progressive rate and not by a constant daily amount. Using current daily numbers you can calculate (if the trend continues) the number of total deaths reached on future dates in 2020. Current data indicates (if nothing is done to slow things down) a staggering total of well over 2 million deaths will be reached in the USA by Christmas day. Not saying this will happen but that is the current trend.

Comment

Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
          First thing The world needs to do as soon as this thing blows over is declare war on China they obviously can't handle their country and need someone to run it for them
          Coronavirus – Dean Koontz – The Eyes of Darkness!
          The book, which contains important information about the coronavirus, is called The Eyes of Darkness!
          Many rumors have been raised about Coronavirus, but the book, The Eyes of Darkness, written in 1981, is the most striking of these claims.
          The text written on page 312 of the book written by Dean Koontz in 1981, interestingly marks the year 2020.
          Here’s what he wrote in that paragraph…
          In around 2020 a severe pneumonia like illness will spread throughout the globe, attacking the lungs and the bronchial tubes and resisting all known treatments. Almost more baffling than the illness itself will be the fact that it will suddenly vanish as quickly as it arrived, attack again ten years later, and then disappear completely.
          It turned out that he predicted the coronavirus outbreak in China in the 1981 novel “The Eyes of Darkness”, which was included in the bestseller list of US author Dean Koontz. of Darkness “(The Eyes of Darkness) appeared to mention the coronavirus outbreak that appeared in China.
          The novel tells the story of a Chinese army laboratory that produces a new virus for use as a biological weapon during the war. Ironically, the name of the new virus produced is Wuhan-400.
          The 74-year-old writer who lives in the state of California, USA, is not a priest. Albert Wan, who runs a bookshop called Bleak House Books in the San Po Kong district of Hong Kong, said Wuhan has historically been hosted by many scientific research facilities. These areas included laboratories that deal with microbiology and virology.
          Albert Wan thinks that intelligent and insightful writers like Dean Koontz are aware of this fact and use this knowledge to create a believable and striking story. Remember Koontz's book was written in 1981

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
            Lots of panic over something less bad than the FLU!

Flu has a 4% mortality rate.
            Covid19 has a 2% rate.

There is no "cure" or vaccine for the Flu, same **** for Covid19.

And Flu shots... are based off of prior year strain so they are not really effective.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WHO GET COVID... ARE JUST FINE!

This is not cancer or aids. lol.
            Seasonal flu has a mortality rate of about 0.1%.

So your 2% is 20 times worse.

Yes, the vast majority of people that get Covid19 are fine. But so far, about 3.4% have not been. They have died a horrible death in which the lungs fill with fluid and other major organs shut down from lack of oxygen.

The novel coronavirus also seems to be extremely contagious.

Let's say the tru mortality rate is 1% and let's say half the world catches it.

That's a death toll of 38 million.

So you see why governments might be keen to try and at least slow its spread across the population.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
              I thought I read that only 33 people have died from it in France total...also the flu kills about 100 people per day in the US.
              The only people dropping dead at 50 would be those with existing comorbidities that are immunocompromised. Only reason there’s a panic is because it’s a novel virus.

Idk what’s going on but manufacturing has seemingly grinded to a halt. Our supplier for chemical reagents seem to have everything on backorder as of late. It’s becoming a reality that day to day operations in my laboratory are being impeded by stock shortages. As the director it’s worrisome that my lab is at risk of being non functional.

My buddy who’s a PS at abbott has heard rumors of the company shutting down in the meantime. That’s absolutely insane for a company of that size and the amount of medical supplies they distribute. Not sure if he meant just R&D or all departments. Unlikely the entire company seeing as manufacturing needs to distribute medical supplies globally.

If the economy continues to turn upside down what does it matter if the majority of the working class is healthy or not? There will be a plethora of healthy unemployed individuals? I’d rather keep getting paid and be exposed to covid 19

Comment

And Koontz's novel does not describe a pneumonia like virus. He wrote about a virus created by the Soviet Union that causes a toxin that eats the brain with a 100% mortality rate.

After the fall of the Soviet Union, the book was updated to change the origin of the virus to Wuhan. Which is a strange co-incidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hnnnggg View Post
                  The only people dropping dead at 50 would be those with existing comorbidities that are immunocompromised. Only reason there’s a panic is because it’s a novel virus.

Idk what’s going on but manufacturing has seemingly grinded to a halt. Our supplier for chemical reagents seem to have everything on backorder as of late. It’s becoming a reality that day to day operations in my laboratory are being impeded by stock shortages. As the director it’s worrisome that my lab is at risk of being non functional.

My buddy who’s a PS at abbott has heard rumors of the company shutting down in the meantime. That’s absolutely insane for a company of that size and the amount of medical supplies they distribute. Not sure if he meant just R&D or all departments. Unlikely the entire company seeing as manufacturing needs to distribute medical supplies globally.

If the economy continues to turn upside down what does it matter if the majority of the working class is healthy or not? There will be a plethora of healthy unemployed individuals? I’d rather keep getting paid and be exposed to covid 19
                  Well said...pretty much sums up my point...that if we stop doing everything then it will have worse ripple effects imo than if we just kept moving forward.

Kind of highlights as well the need to have some things produced within your country, and certainly not being so dependent on China for everything we all need.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                    Actually whenever the death rate is stated it’s meant that IF ONE ACQUIRES IT, there’s a 6% chance you’ll die, a death rate that includes the average from babies to seniors. It doesn’t mean 6% to general populations. For example if the seniors were contained in an environment with just them and corona, I’m more than sure the death rate would be much higher, and doesn’t mean population.
                    Originally posted by etech1 View Post
                    The mortality rate is age dependent. The ranges that I've seen so far, is

10 to 40 years old. .2%
                    40 to 50 years old. .4%
                    50 to 60 years old. 1.3%
                    And then it goes way up past 60, and tops out at 21% for over 80.

These are just speculative numbers of course, and they are 2 weeks old at that.
                    The death rate has risen to 7% now. I'm talking actual fact, closed cases. 7% of people have died.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Comment

MLB is now shutting down too

Edit: NHL just suspended games as well
                      Last edited by bigdunny1; 03-12-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X