Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Boxing Follow The NBA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Just wish I had more money

What are you talking about, in relation to what I said lol? Obviously the virus/situation should be taken seriously...but it also doesn't mean that everyone should panic and over-react, and that that countries should shut down entire parts of their economies as result.

Panicking and over-reacting will only exacerbate any issues like this...and on the bold...that makes 0 sense man...people can make a choice themselves if they want to go out and live their life..they are taking any 'risk' there themselves...I'm not purposely contracting the virus, and then going to people's houses and making them let me in and breathing on them lol...so on the bold, that makes 0 sense.

I know this may be a bit of a foreign concept to you in the UK...but I believe in freedom...which means people should be able to make their own choices here, and not be overly dependent on the gov't to solve problems for them, problems that the gov't often times creates or exacerbates.

The gov't has a role here, and taking precautions is good...but in general people should be going out and living their lives as normally as possible...if you feel at risk for contracting the disease, then take precautions and live a more solitary lifestyle...trying to force everyone else to do that because you feel scared is a totalitarian type move, and pretty sad tbh.
    I'm genuinely interested in how you are living your life in contrast to the foreign UK, where they can't make their own choices. How is the non-totalitarian govt dealing with this where you are? Have you explained to them that you are able to make your own choice and should be able to live your life as normally as possible?
    Last edited by Monty Fisto; 03-31-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
      Update: you were wrong.
      Yes I was wrong about that. Definitely much more serious than I anticipated.

Comment

I'm genuinely interested in how you are living your life in contrast to the foreign UK, where they can't make their own choices. How is the non-totalitarian govt dealing with this where you are? Have you explained to them that you are able to make your own choice and should be able to live your life as normally as possible?
        Where do you live?

I'm not exactly sure of your point; or what your intentions are.

Here in the US things are pretty much locked down; in times of emergency, leaders here have a bit more authority to lock stuff down, and they are starting to do so.

I think it is more or less the right call at this point. Hopefully in the next week or two, some good treatments continue to be found and/or testing continues to improve.

Comment

Regarding Chinese liability.

Chinese doctors took the trouble of translating their findings regarding the virus into English and publishing it in the Lancet on 24 January.

They gave details to the world of the gene sequencing of the virus.

Around this time, a first case was identified in Washington state in the US.

Trump was asked if he was worried about this. "No, not at all," he said. "it's going to be just fine."

A few days later he was pressed on the issue again. "It will be a very good ending for us," he said, "That I can assure you,"

Then in February, Trump decided to ship 17.8 tons of masks, gowns, gauze and respirators to China.

In March, as the shit began to hit the fan, governors of various states began to ask for Federal help in providing this same equipment.

Mr America First responded with "The federal government's not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping... We're not a shipping clerk."

If you want to check that shipping info to China, it's here: LINK
          Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
          Let's stick with facts. NY is not the hardest hit. By far the most fatalities in the US from Covid-19 are in Washington (12 dead in NY state at the time of writing, compared with 54 dead in Washington state).

Also, Italy does not have the worst air pollution in Europe. Poland/Slovakia/Czech Republic are all significantly worse.

Italy's mortality rate is likely elevated from its higher average population age and high incidence of smoking. Not sure about the 'One Belt One Road' connection. Seems plausible it has played a part in the high infection rate, at least initially.

At the moment, unfortunately, the infection graph is still on an exponentially upward curve. The good news is that most (all?) countries are now taking this very seriously and there is, therefore, reason to believe that curve should start to flatten out in a couple of weeks in many regions. Those places still taking a laid back attitude, not following social distancing, are going to see runaway rates of infection though.

And there is still a huge question mark about what happens as soon as we relax the lockdowns.
          Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
          Such complete bullshit that New York is in total crisis despite eventually going down the lockdown route.

The world is wracked with the worst pandemic in living memory.

It could have been less bad apart from the peanut brains that couldn't understand the clearcut numbers in multiple countries as the virus spread west. And finally the US has it worst.

As I said weeks ago: you could do it Wuhan style and lock it down early, or you could do it Italy style. The US did it like Italy.

But omaaggaawwdd it's bull****.
          Bro you're mixing a lot of opinions in there and trying to pass them off as facts....and on some stuff, your 'opinion' is pretty clearly wrong.

For example WA state had the most fatalities early because the virus spread like a wildfire through a nursing home...NY has many more cases and has been much harder hit.
          Last edited by Boxing_1013; 04-01-2020, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X