No announcement yet.

KOVALEV │ What a joke..sold his soul to golden boy,he is history now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KOVALEV │ What a joke..sold his soul to golden boy,he is history now

Not criticizing him, but he took a dive. He was pulling punches and retreating to a small Canelo. Then Canelo vacates the LHW titles because he can't actually hang in that division. Props to Kovalev for the payday though. After all, its business.

Yeah he was fighting not to hurt Canelo. It was a BS fight and a BS victory for Canelo.

It’s all about the $$$.

Comment

He is finished. He should just go ahead and retire. He doesn't have it anymore. According to his fans, Andre Ward's low blows must have really broken and ruined him.

Comment

Well, the knockout he was administered by Canelo was a great piece of acting.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          He is finished. He should just go ahead and retire. He doesn't have it anymore. According to his fans, Andre Ward's low blows must have really broken and ruined him.
          He fought our generations most gifted defensive fighter in ward and just walked him down but against a 154, 5’7 canelo he’s cautious? Kovalev fought bigger strongers guys with heavier punches than canelo who couldn’t ko anyone significant at lighter weights but now that he’s at 168 and 175 he’s ko’ing guys? It’s fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
            Dazn invested 300 million on the guy

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
              Yeah he was fighting not to hurt Canelo. It was a BS fight and a BS victory for Canelo.

It’s all about the $$$.
              I was a massive fan of Krusher until this fight. Money talks unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
                I was a massive fan of Krusher until this fight. Money talks unfortunately
                I, too, was fond of watching Kovalev fight at his best.

But let's be honest: he started spiralling down after the first Ward fight (which, in spite of my Krusher predilection, I scored against him).

Alcohol, beating women, switching trainers, losing interest... we have seen all of this before. The conclusion is always the same: potential greatness thrown into the trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by Century Tuna View Post
                  He fought our generations most gifted defensive fighter in ward and just walked him down but against a 154, 5’7 canelo he’s cautious? Kovalev fought bigger strongers guys with heavier punches than canelo who couldn’t ko anyone significant at lighter weights but now that he’s at 168 and 175 he’s ko’ing guys? It’s fixed.
                  After further review, I was wrong and you guys were right. I tend to agree with you all. That fight was rigged. He just didn't give a fuck anymore and just laid down and tapped out for the money against Canelo. Sure his skills have diminished and now he is shopworn but not to that certain degree or extent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                    The ko punch was legit.

Kovalev's weak performance from the opening bell, where he couldn't throw a single sharp jab, was the sad part.

Comment

Working...
                    X