Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Breland Was Looking Out For Deontay Wilder's Best Interests

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked like an overmatch, an amateur vs HW. Wilder should be thinking of rebuilding not giving cheap excuses. Breland did what he had to do to save Wilder's life from the fury of Fury

Comment

Brilliant article, I don’t think anyone needs to read this to see that Breland did the right thing.

He will likely be absent from the corner next time but he’s done his job this time. I really question if Wilder has caring people around him, I understand a fighter having a “ready to die” attitude but the people around him should not share in that. What’s that saying.... “the last thing a brave fighter needs is a brave corner”.

Comment

All this talk about being a true warrior and going out my shield. Being prepared to kill and get killed.

Then complains about wearing 40lb armour for a short walk.

Yeah, some warrior! What would he be like if he had to carry a sword and shield? Wouldn't have made it to the ring!

Comment

Originally posted by Flap View Post
          Lou Dibella and now Breland.....

It seems they were the two guys that genuinely cared about him.
          I think breland will still work with Wilder.. He just won't have a towel to throw anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1979 View Post
            All this talk about being a true warrior and going out my shield. Being prepared to kill and get killed.

Yeah, some warrior! What would he be like if he had to carry a sword and shield? Wouldn't have made it to the ring!
            Lol.. Nah, Wilder was wearing that outfit backstage.. Waiting for Furys long entrance... And at that level u need every drop of Energy. Truth is, Wilder underestimated Fury.. He won't do that next fight.

Comment

After reading what the ref said about asking Wilder to show him he could still fight and then saying he was about to stop the fight anyway they can't blame Breland.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1979 View Post

lol... Nice!

Comment

Best interest at the end of the fight maybe but before the fight is what counts. Wilder was surprised by Fury's attack and he was not prepared for it. Breland should have protected Wilder's interests long ago IMO

Comment

Yeah have to spare a thought for Breland right now. He put Wilder's wellbeing first and will probably pay for it with his job.

If it does come to that I hope he finds work with a team that's worthy of him. It was definitely heading towards a very sickening knockout.

Comment

That Deas fellow seems like such a sycophant.

Has he really been with him since the beginning?

He seems absolutely ball-less

Comment

Working...
                      X