Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin: I Had The Money, Now I'm Here For My Legacy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even if he walks through Washington- this eliminator thing means he can be in position for a vacant belt due to alphabet shenanigans. We don’t need that

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
      Wilder and Fury picked Ruiz to win the 2nd fight too and told Joshua he should never go back in against him on his comeback. They said Joshua had no chance because he quit in the first fight.

I told you they know nothing about boxing. I'd include AJ in that too - he gets almost every prediction wrong too - I feel sorry for Fury tonight because AJ picked him to win. Kiss of death!
      Im not going phsychic or reading cards, but 270 is like 280 to me. Gravity is on Wilders side. Fury has to pull a fat rabbit out of his hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        He never had any money. Hearn pays in peanuts and promises. What mega promotion was martin ever in?
        SPORTEKZ (a UK publication) reports 8.5 million for the Joshua fight. Not sure how trustworthy that number is, but I have no reason to dismiss it out of hand - that certainly isn't peanuts for a guy who's only guaranteed 250k for his fight tonight against Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
          SPORTEKZ (a UK publication) reports 8.5 million for the Joshua fight. Not sure how trustworthy that number is, but I have no reason to dismiss it out of hand - that certainly isn't peanuts for a guy who's only guaranteed 250k for his fight tonight against Washington.
          I stand corrected. He made good money, maybe it's just hidden somewhere off shore.

Comment

Originally posted by VislorTurlough View Post
            Even if he walks through Washington- this eliminator thing means he can be in position for a vacant belt due to alphabet shenanigans. We don’t need that
            What vacant belt in the WBC means anything anyway unless its a diamond which is not an option here . A win here doesn't exactly change much other then another Joshua win years ago will end up in line for a title shot if he wins one more after this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
              Im not going phsychic or reading cards, but 270 is like 280 to me. Gravity is on Wilders side. Fury has to pull a fat rabbit out of his hat.
              Wilder might be the rabbit Fury puts in that hat and squashes him by stepping on it instead of pulling it out .

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Martin is a classic case of wasted talent. Has the size, the power, just doesn’t seem to take training seriously enough to have a S&C programme, dietician, and just seems way too gun shy and easily intimidated
                This is exactly how I see Martin. Dude gets shellacked by people for the way he won and subsequently lost the title. It's not his fault that Glazkov blew out his knee giftwrapping the title to him. He parlayed that into a huge payday against AJ. I think he lacks confidence or something and he certainly imploded when put on the big stage in England.

He then fights Kownacki and it takes about 6 rounds before he realizes he can beat the Polish contender. I think he would have stopped Kownacki if that's a 12 round fight.

He should walk through Washington but you never know with Martin's fragile psyche and confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Monzon99 View Post
                  did haymon pay off the ******n guy to fake the injury to give martin the belt? weird how that ******n with kathy duva never boxed again.
                  Glazkov's knee injury was pretty damn catastrophic, it was a torn ACL and he apparently had alot of complications in recovery. I believe he had an injury-plagued career in both amateur and professional ranks. He had hinted at a comeback but it never materialized.

Comment

Walk it like you talk it!

Comment

Working...
                    X