Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather(2001) vs Vasyl Lomachenko (2018) at 130 who wins and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather(2001) vs Vasyl Lomachenko (2018) at 130 who wins and why

should be interesting, who wins and why...

Pretty Boy Floyd stops the weak chinned hype job within 6 rounds. Floyd is more skilled, longer reach, hits way harder than Linares, and is too fast for Salido's son.

Comment

Floyd at 130 had healthy hands and actual pop in his punches. Loma gets stopped.

Comment

Pretty boy makes Loma quit 😂

Comment

Great fight. But PBF had more power

Comment

Floyd probably beats the dogsht out of loma in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              That would be a great fight!

I’m my opinion, that was Floyd at his best overall since he had good offense then too. However I think he was not great at offense but smarter and better defensively when he was older. Basically I see the fight going like this:

Lomachenko wins the first two rounds while Floyd sort of feels out the fight. Floyd then comes on strong in the mid rounds and wins most of them, hurting and maybe dropping Loma in the process... Loma then finds a counter in the eight round and gets Floyd with a body shot KO.

Comment

Floyd has a 7 inch reach advantage on lomachenko, and the speed and skills to make it count. Add in the fact his hands were still good and knockout power at 130. Floyd breaks him down and stops him.

Comment

Salido's ***** is a bigger hype job than GGG

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Great question. I do my best to be objective and informative so the first thing I did was go on Boxrec to compare height and reach:

Floyd: 5'8" with 72" reach
                    Loma: 5'7" with 65.5" reach

Right off the bat we see that Floyd has a 1" height and 6.5" reach advantage. The height isn't really a big deal but the reach certainly is, which makes sense considering that Floyd ultimately topped out at junior middleweight while Loma is already pushing it by fighting at lightweight.

Before automatically ruling out Loma's chances of winning, I checked his record to see if he has faced anyone with similar dimensions. I found three such opponents:

1. Luke Campbell: 5'9" 71" reach
                    2. Jose Pedraza: 5'8" 70.5" reach
                    3. Nicholas Walters: 5'7" 73" reach

Loma won by UD against Campbell and Pedraza and he famously made Walters quit. Campbell and Pedraza were fundamentally sound guys who had their moments but they are nowhere near Mayweather in terms of speed and athleticism. Walters was expected to pose a threat and Loma annihilated him, however Walters is not the defensive genius that Floyd is

Next, I checked Floyd's record to see how he fared against guys with similar dimensions to Loma and again I found three opponents:

1. Jesus Chavez: 5'5" 65" reach
                    2. Carlos Hernandez 5'6" 66" reach
                    3. Emmanuel Augustus 5'7" 68" reach

Floyd stopped Chavez and Augustus and won a competitive decision against Hernandez. Chavez and Hernandez were brawlers while Augustus was similar to Loma as far as being unorthodox. Augustus wasn't as athletic as Loma but he often stalked and attacked with his hands down in the same manner.
                    Interestingly enough, Floyd has said on record that Augustus was one of his toughest opponents.

As for the fight itself, I believe that Mayweather-Loma would look a lot like Mayweather-Augustus. Loma would have to close the distance to negate Floyd's reach advantage, however I could see him paying the price for doing so like Augustus did. Against Walters, Loma looked like a puzzle that's nearly impossible to solve, however I believe that Mayweather would catch Loma coming in instead of covering up like Walters did. If Loma did happen to jump out to a lead, I could see Floyd pushing Loma back behind a high guard and going to the body to slow down his movement.

Lastly, Loma acknowledged that Terrence Crawford would be too big and Floyd is basically the same size as Bud (with a slightly shorter reach). That tells me that Floyd would be too tall, too rangy, and too powerful at 130.

My official pick would be Mayweather by late stoppage in a high-speed chess match that gradually turns in Floyd's favor in the middle rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X