Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The things people forget about Douglas-Tyson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beterbiev#1 View Post
    Just as long as you acknowledged Douglass was on the canvas longer than 10 seconds and could've easily been counted out, we're good.
    That’s essentially irrelevant though. Counts aren’t timed they’re COUNTED. He got up before the referee’s count and went on to win the fight fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
      No he's not.
      If you know how to count, you would know he's right...

Comment

Oh yeah, and as far as your theory of Douglass being fine after he got up, that's also false. The bell rung as soon as he got up. Anyone that knows Tyson knows that Douglass wouldn't have lasted another 30 seconds. It's all water under the bridge.
        Douglas looked at the ref and gave the ok that he was ready to go.

Tyson did not:

Once again, Douglas won fair and square. Even most Tyson fans will admit that Douglas was much more motivated and better prepared for the fight than Tyson was.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
          That’s essentially irrelevant though. Counts aren’t timed they’re COUNTED. He got up before the referee’s count and went on to win the fight fair and square.
          Here's the deal. I can count to 10 and take 20 seconds doing it or I can count to 10 and take 8 seconds doing it. I can count to 10 and take 10 seconds doing it. The count pace is supposed to be at the pace of actually seconds; hence, 10 count. The ref should come as close as possible, I'm sure they went to referee school to learn how to count to 10 in boxing seconds.

Either way. Douglass was on the ground for 13-15 seconds which constitutes a knockout

Comment

Here's the deal. I can count to 10 and take 20 seconds doing it or I can count to 10 and take 8 seconds doing it. I can count to 10 and take 10 seconds doing it. The count pace is supposed to be at the pace of actually seconds; hence, 10 count. The ref should come as close as possible, I'm sure they went to referee school to learn how to count to 10 in boxing seconds.

Either way. Douglass was on the ground for 13-15 seconds which constitutes a knockout
            Dude. Douglas was not unconscious. He was watching the count and got up at 8 as his corner probably instructed him to do.

Tyson was OUT.

Don King lost a lot of future money with the Tyson lost so he protested about the "long count". All 3 organizations WBA, WBO, and IBF reviewed the footage and declared Buster Douglas the unified champ. Congrats for siding with a bogus Don King claim.

Watch the fight. Even if there were no knockdowns Douglas wins this fight on the judges cards.

Tyson was beat that night. He lost. GET OVER IT!

Comment

Originally posted by MiDKnighT View Post
              Dude. Douglas was not unconscious. He was watching the count and got up at 8 as his corner probably instructed him to do.
              @ you have to be unconscious to be counted out

And no he didn't get up at 8. It's in the video YOU posted. I hope he can get up at 9 when in reality it was at 14.

Comment

I think it was a case of he reached the top of the mountain and never had the same hunger/motivation.
                No not the case at all.
                That only happens when u win 6 rings and ran out of competition to prove you’re the best.
                Douglas just knew what was at stake and stepped up real big time. It wasn’t a case of reaching the top of the mountain as he has plenty to prove after that... to defend the title and beat other champs for example

Comment

Wasn't Tyson doing blow and banging Japanese chicks?

Comment

Which begs the question, should knockdowns be timed and not counted by the refs? There's a wide range of ten counts based on refs, fight etc. Maybe the ref counts based on a clock to eliminate the disparity? Just thinking out loud lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Wasn't Tyson doing blow and banging Japanese chicks?
                      Yep. Pretty sure he got Chlamydia or some other STD while over there iirc.

Comment

Working...
                      X