Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mike Tyson Reacts To Wilder's Prediction of Beating Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, as a boxer you should never show doubt, as a champ, you let everyone know that you are a God of the Arena!

Even in arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      If he does knock Fury out, that would be a great result.

But it's a highly dangerous fight for him, let me tell you. Fury - as debatable as his actual value really is - has a style that seems to puzzle Wilder quite a bit. I'm not a fan or enemy of either, but my money this next weekend will go on Fury, well conscious that it could be a losing bet. Essentially, I have no certainty in any result (but, by a lucky strike, won money on the first fight's draw )

Congratulations on your epic pick for the draw in Wilder-Fury I. However, I feel compelled to share a startling revelation : a recent BTSPORT interview captures Tyson confessing that he was indeed KO by the 'Bronze-Bomber' Deontay Wilder. I must urge you and the boxingscene not to put money on Fury ; there will be no Jack Reiss there to save Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        Why on earth would you study the Buster v. Tyson fight to get any notion of what Tyson v. Wilder would have been like? I could not imagine two more different fighting styles than Wilder and Douglas. Wilder may have been taller and harder hitting than Douglas, but height and power didn't get Douglas the win that night. His footwork, conditioning, angles and incredibly sharp combination punching is what got him there. Wilder, as much as I like him, has none of that.
        Not to mention Tyson got Douglas the win. He didn't take the fight seriously, he and his corner thought Douglas had no chance. They didn't bring nswell and Tyson was drinking, focking and smoking the days and weeks leading up to the fight

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Congratulations on your epic pick for the draw in Wilder-Fury I. However, I feel compelled to share a startling revelation : a recent BTSPORT interview captures Tyson confessing that he was indeed KO by the 'Bronze-Bomber' Deontay Wilder. I must urge you and the boxingscene not to put money on Fury ; there will be no Jack Reiss there to save Fury.
          There will be no three blind mice either that save wilder

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
            There will be no three blind mice either that save wilder

Comment

As much as I like deontay as a man and a boxer I just can't see him beating a 80s Mike when he was trained under Cus or any other heavy for that matter past or present.He was simply the perfect heavyweight speed power technically perfected.The Cus Mike era was just unstoppable.but then you've seen what his skills was reduced to after the cus era.and buster was able to capitalize on that.And the cycle continued.I love deontay and he's the best naturally roid free boxer right now but facts are facts
              Last edited by giant_king; 02-16-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Well put by Mike.
                But 80s Tysons movement speed aggression & skill, he would tear through this current top 10.

Comment

Wilder vs Tyson

Deontay Wilder, wouldn't have been a top heavyweight in that era. He can punch if you're standing in front of him. He's got no real boxing skills. Any heavy weight from the 70s through the 90s would've destroyed him. Fury played around, that's why he got caught a couple of times. He exposed Wilder's lack of skill especially defensive. Deontay Wilder is champion because there are good heavyweight fighters. Sans Fury and Joshua. Any fighter that boxes him and lands with power takes his title easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ChadVegas View Post
                    Spinks was a 175 lb guy naturally..dahhhh

Spinks was 6 ft 2..
                    .Wilder 6 ft 7 w 83 inch reach

Wilder would not be scared...look at the Ruddock fights..now add 4 inches to Razor..3/4 inches in reach

50 50 fight

Wilder will be tested DDD...JOYCE...MILLER

BUT REMEMBER WILDER IS ALREADY 33..34 YRS OLD

His peak is limited if not over

Chad in Vegas
                    Ha, alright maybe not exactly like. But I don't think it would have made much difference to Tyson that night if he had to travel a few more inches to connect.

Besides Spinks was a better boxer than Wilder is and he'd be like a rabbit in the headlights for sure.

Comment

Iron Mike would crucify tailor-made Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X