Collapse
No announcement yet.

Al Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is Don King 2.0, more educated, more savvy, more intelligent. The best way to hide is to be silent. Let people speculate about you. If I have something to hide or don't want the public eye on me then I would be exactly like him. I really don't mind him if he doesn't prevent fights.

Comment

Isn't he the equivalent of Freddie Cunningham? You never hear about him but see Eddie Hearn all the time. (For those who do not know, he is Joshua's manager).

Comment

He's absolutely shady as **** lol. Completely different to other promoters though. Some speak all the time and lie, he hides in the shadows and pull strings to suit his business agenda.

Every bit as corrupt and sneaky as the rest, though it seems some defend him to the hilt because he represents their 'team', whereas others think he's by far the worst of all the promoters. The reality is in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          He is Don King 2.0, more educated, more savvy, more intelligent. The best way to hide is to be silent. Let people speculate about you. If I have something to hide or don't want the public eye on me then I would be exactly like him. I really don't mind him if he doesn't prevent fights.
          How can he be 'Don King 2.0' when by your very description he is the opposite (classically educated, moves in absolute silence, no public issues with his clientele, etc.)?

Comment

Al Haymon is an advisor and a mentor, helping fighters learn how to become independent businessmen and promote themselves, removing the need for them to have promoters like Hearn and Arum, so that they keep more of the fight revenue and develop valuable entrepreneurial skills.

Comment

Haymon is a good man.

He looks after his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Probably more to do with him not wanting to drop himself in it by saying something he shouldn't. He's a shady bastard that's using loop holes to get around the Ali act.
                They're all shady.

Pacquiao hired an accounting firm that discovered that his manager, Michael Koncz was getting paid directly by Arum which is against the Ali Act. Koncz was helping Arum steal from Pacquiao and failed to properly file his taxes.

Hearn just recently violated the Ali Act when he ignored the NSAC's suspension handed down to Chavez Jr. By moving the fight to Arizona.

They tried taking Haymon to court over the Ali Act, and the judge dismissed it.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF WBO View Post
                  Haymon is all about consolidating power. Since knowledge is power, he keeps things very close to the vest.

He was a very successful concert promoter for decades. Controlling the vast majority of the major US black tours, just like he now controls the vast majority of the major US black fighters.

Over time, most of the major concert promoters were bought out or put out of business by a conglomerate that eventually became Live Nation. Al Haymon sold half of his company to Live Nation's predecessor in the late 90s and about a decade later, he sold the other half as well and Live Nation ended up with 100% of Haymon's concert business. Haymon made hundreds of millions from the sales.

He's not a promoter, so it's not his job to speak and promote a fight. He manages his fighters' affairs, which doesn't require speaking in public.
                  He also acts with class and dignity. He discusses business professionally and behind closed doors unlike some of the other promoters who try and negotiate though the media or make offers via IFL tv...

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                    They're all shady.

Pacquiao hired an accounting firm that discovered that his manager, Michael Koncz was getting paid directly by Arum which is against the Ali Act. Koncz was helping Arum steal from Pacquiao and failed to properly file his taxes.

Hearn just recently violated the Ali Act when he ignored the NSAC's suspension handed down to Chavez Jr. By moving the fight to Arizona.

They tried taking Haymon to court over the Ali Act, and the judge dismissed it.
                    remember when pacs lawyer, frank gacal, said he asked to review his TR contract and arum and koncz wouldn't let him anwwhere near it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                      How can he be 'Don King 2.0' when by your very description he is the opposite (classically educated, moves in absolute silence, no public issues with his clientele, etc.)?
                      This...

What a stupid comparison.😂😂

Comment

Working...
                      X