Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never in my life been all that impressed with the brothers.

Vitali's showing against Old'un Lewis was the best thing either one of them did. Vitali won the boxing match, I reckon, but the stoppage was fair because Lennox was taxing that ass something ferocious.

After that Vitali basically just beat up a string of glorified **** tanks. Chisora was considered a legitimate threat to the HW division because he did better than expected against Vitali....those kinda **** tanks.

Wlad Wlad got ktfo against lack luster fighters while working on his WBO when the WBO was today's IBO. Then sure enough he did gather him some real titles and while he was champion the WBO got full status so he became the big dog of the division. They even award him lineal status on the grounds of him fighting Chagaev....what ranks have to do with lineal I dunno but they did that so whatever, Wlad was definitely seen as king.

The thing is, is he wasn't even a threat when the HW division was talented. Then the old guys got older and none of the young guys were even in shape let alone talented. So I just wasn't ever impressed with his most impressive era. Who exactly am I meant to be impressed by? Sam Peter? Jean Mormeck? Povetkin? Haye? Thompson? Just a bunch of undersized, over-the-hill, or out of shape HW s who didn't bring much to the table to begin with.

Wlad never took a vol in his career and hid behind easy mandatories that were often advanced to the top ten overnight without fighting or anyone above them losing.

Wlad tried to employ professional techniques early in his career and that got him KO'd by guys he should have beaten so Manny brought him back to basics and made him stick to an amatuer style.

No resume, no performance, no technique, nothing about him is worth mention except for a long time he was top dog.

I think Fury would have kicked a prime Wlad's ass and a young Wlad might have even gotten hurt by Fury.

Wilder would KO him

Joshua would have KO'd him at any point in his career as long as Josh did what he did; turn off the boxing and just got punch for punch right at him.

Name the old timer, I favor them over Wlad. Tyson? Holy? Lennox? No doubt. Small guys like Fitzs, Burns, Dempsey, and Marciano? Bet your ass. Kings of the Golden Era of HWs all KO Wlad. Any era that featured a talented champion I'm going with the talented champion. I'll give Wlad the nod against guys like Braddock or Michael Bentt, you know, those guys lucky to ever see a title, but a talented HW is all that was ever needed to beat Wlad.

He got beaten when talent existed and beaten again when it returned to the division. He reigned over a talentless era using amatuer techniques. He's well overrated.

Comment

Wilder knew pretty well why he didn`t want to fight even old version of Vitali.

Actually, Wilder is only bad copy of Vitali Klitschko.

Comment

Both would face tougher guys now , I believe Povetkin was probably the third best fighter around 2011/ 2013 , he grew a bit stronger and got better experience with age himself along the way but he wouldn’t crack the top 3 still now .

Wilder wouldn’t be a champion because Vitali would still hold a belt if he had been a mandatory for Wilder coming in he takes the title away , you wouldn’t see Wlad fight Wilder ,Finkel wouldn’t allow it .

AJ, Fury , Usyk , Could give either a problem .Joshua hasn’t even fought 25 times yet and is still getting stylistic feels to him , Fury has more to show and Usyk has done rounds with the Klitschkos and held his own ,I think these are the top 3 guys imop . Who would win ? Personally I think it comes down to Vitali and AJ because you need aggression power punching to stop or hurt a guy like Vitali .

Edit : I would add,Hrgovic who’s a young version of Vitali, plenty of dangerous guys around now and a dozens Olympic and national champions .
        Last edited by REDEEMER; 02-08-2020, 12:57 PM.

Comment

The fact that Deontay ducked Wlad and Vitali when they were champs tells you that even Wilder thinks he loses to both.

Comment

In their prime.

1. Fury
            2. Vitali
            3. Wlad
            4. AJ
            5. Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by Lance98 View Post
              I am not too sure about wlad, and maybe could even agree with you on that, but Vitali is the real deal.
              And yet Klitschko the Elder lost, by KO no less, to the two best HWs he faced...

Comment

There should be a 40+ category in boxing. The older generation of boxers, who are still in shape, fight it out with others of their own generation.

Might be more interesting and more willing to make fights now than current ones.

Comment

Wilder would cut some air and get dropped against both sisters
                  Forcing his corner to throw the towel
                  Fury on coke beats both the same night

Comment

I think Fury could have beaten Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Dr Steelhammer would've dominated this ERA and I think PRIME Wlad would dominate this ERA as well

This current ERA is extremely OVERRATED by fans who are just happy the Klitschko Brothers are gone
                      Vitali is Dr Iron Fist and Wlad is Dr Steel Hammer.

Vitali would beat all 3 top guys...... I like Wlad to beat Wilder and AJ but I feel like Fury would always pose a huge problem for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X