Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Think You'll See Canelo Alvarez At 160 Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icha View Post
    did you even read the article ?
    hearn is speaking as a fan, and so are you i guess...
    anyways hearn(the fan) thinks canelo wont go straight from 175 back to 160, one fight at 168 before going back to 160...
    Canelo has made similar comments himself.

https://youtu.be/Si6MfYqMID8

Comment

Excellent observation.
      I thought about it myself.
      I also thought the Kovalev fight was a farce where Kovalev suddenly and inexplicably collapsed.

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      Astounding. Remember how long it took him to move up a whole 5 pounds from 155 - 160? How he needed to "grow into 160" despite weighing in well over 170 on fight days. Yet now making 160 will be tough for him after only 3 fights in the division. Such a mystery as to how cutting weight is suddenly going to be such a big challenge for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Eddie Hearn can't say with conviction who he thinks Canelo Alvarez will fight next. Hearn hopes Alvarez decides to box one of the two super middleweight champions he promotes, Billy Joe Saunders or Callum Smith. The British promoter also realizes that Alvarez's handlers at Golden Boy Promotions have had conversations with representatives for Ryota Murata, which could lead to Alvarez facing the Japanese star in his home country.
        [Click Here To Read More]

Saunders/Smith... fine

Benavidez/Plant... better

Murata... not fine, Canelo should be past those kind of fights

if Mayweather fought someone who was not currently a TOP opponent - and that did not happen very often... then he fought a name opponent... Murata is neither of those things

no interest whatsoever in that fight... I will pass tyvm

Comment

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
          word on the street alvarez cannot make 168 look for alvarez to drag fighters at 160 drag them up to 175 then impose a rehydration limit

of course he can make 168

NEVER listen to... " the word on the street "...

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            Its rediculous to think 5'8" career jmw-mw Canelo can't make 160 anymore just because he didn't drain water weight for one single fight like he normally would.

He has told everyone that he can make 160 still just fine,but due to nothing Canelo has said nor implied nor his trainers either who have all said the opposite, somehow because Hearn "thinks" this it means its true to some.

I agree... that is obviously the current situation with Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              Then why are they still trying to fight Charlo then dumb @ss???

They’ve already offered him sht ton of $$$$ Charlo countered back he wants $20 million.

Give him $12-15 million and bring on CanCharlo 5-2-2020
              Only MEXICANTS support PED users like Clenelo

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                Why is Hearn always talking about Canelo as if he were his fighter?

Hearn is a very good promoter, one of the best. But he should focus more on his own fighters.

This.

While I also dont think we will see Canelo at 160 again (could see him doing some kind of catch weight fights vs current middles at 164 or something...), Hearns has no more better guess than I do or anyone on this board does. Canelo aint his fighter and it aint his call.

Comment

“We’ve had a couple conversations with Golden Boy,” Hearn said. “Obviously, you’ve got Callum Smith and Billy Joe Saunders, both ready-made opponents for Canelo at 168." eddie hearn

eddie is clout chasing Mall & really doesn't care about Andrade. He could simply tell golden boy Andrade is willing to fight Nelo at 68 BUT instead he wants to offer callum/billy joe

I SEE YOU

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                    Why is Hearn always talking about Canelo as if he were his fighter?

Hearn is a very good promoter, one of the best. But he should focus more on his own fighters.
                    FOH that just shows more light as to WHY he aint a good promoter. He can't get Andrade Nelo or pvssy-g & he can't get Devin l0m0

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
                      I don't see it either. That's just too much of a difference. I can envision Alvarez fighting at 168 next and then MAYBE dropping back down to 160. But I don't think he can continue to rotate between 3 weight divisions that often. The Callum Smith fight at 168 interests me because of the backstory and world title on the line. Canelo beat Callum's brother Liam, and Callum would have a chance to avenge his brother's defeat. If it's not GGG, then Callum at 168 would be solid.
                      Shouldn't be either of them weak fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X