Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I Didn't Feel My Best, Lost 25-Pounds in Eight Weeks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
    Ivan Redkach.
    I’m serious. Do you base it on fighting ability, resume, name recognition, what? I feel that people use the word too loosely without ever making it clear what they meant

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
      What’s your definition of a bum?
      In no way is Ivan Redkach a bum but in truth, he was hand picked for a knock out. This was supposed to be a showcase with a fighter specifically chosen for action ending with a sensational finish.

Comment

Danny Garcia is pathetic. Dude peaked in 2013...literally all downhill from there. And he has never faced anA level opponent in his entire career

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
          Ivan Redkach.
          Right 135 Dejan Zlaticanin knocked out Ivan in the there title fight but Danny can’t .

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            In no way is Ivan Redkach a bum but in truth, he was hand picked for a knock out. This was supposed to be a showcase with a fighter specifically chosen for action ending with a sensational finish.
            Agreed. Redkach is a decent fighter but has a certain ceiling that falls short of championship level. He was brought in to help vault Devon Alexander back into relevance but Devon wasn't anywhere the fighter he once was. Redkach stopped him and added a nice (albeit faded) name to his resume. Redkach was brought into the Garcia fight to show Danny was back; he had been stopped by Molina and Zlaticanin before.

Garcia won the fight easily but was less than scintillating, so now come the excuses why he didn't put on a show. You can't fight Rod Salka every comeback fight I guess. Anyway, it was same old Garcia to me. Same guy who can get outpointed by Herrera, Peterson, Thurman and Porter (even if the judges say otherwise).

Comment

If Danny had to lose 25 lbs for this fight, maybe he needs to move up to 154. Making weight at 147 is only going to more difficult as he gets older. A move to 154 might be good for him. Perhaps he can make some noise in that division because he is a bit of an also-ran at 147.

Comment

Next fight

Crawford vs Garcia

Kavaliauskas vs Redkach (undercard)

Let’s find out then

Comment

Move up to 154 or fight Crawford/Spence at 147. And Pacman who finally grown up to welterweight!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                    I’m serious. Do you base it on fighting ability, resume, name recognition, what? I feel that people use the word too loosely without ever making it clear what they meant
                    In my experience, people use the word "bum" to describe anyone who isn't on the P4P list or a current/former titlist. Oh, I almost forgot, anyone they haven't heard of, even if they have never seen the boxer in action.

Comment

Everybody saying Garcia should move up to 154, but no one mentioning Redkach should be moving back down to 140.

This said, the truth is Danny didn't want to take any chances whatsoever... Because he's looking for a big money fight... Which he probably lost with that performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X