Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    These aberration fights have a place
    The Hematoma fight
    The Fan Man fight
    The Weeping Man fight
    The Ear Bite fight
    Low Blow duology (Golota Bowe)

Most seem to be in the HW div.[/QUOTE

I remember Golota’s trainer trying to shove his mouthpiece in vs Tyson and he wouldn’t have it. Walked out of the ring solo and got pelted with a super big gulp cream soda. I was at the fight when Zab nailed Floyd in the nuts and the brawl started. At least that fight continued. I saw both Linares and Valero fight in a dusty bull ring in Cancun city ( Don King and Lou Dibella were there somehow ) things got a bit ugly, the place got surrounded by federalies in riot shields, guns and German sheppards. There’s nothing like seeing a big fight live but there’s something to be said for watching it in ur living room. Paying fight night hotel rates and tickets to see Tyson get himself out of the Holyfield rematch woulda hurt. I’m sure sum of those guys are on here. Course I have no sympathy if they thought Tyson could win.
    Glorious moments

Everything has to line up perfectly for me to go to a form of entertainment. Concerts and a truly epic movie where only a big screen and epic sound system is needed are a couple that I will go too. I will never go to a ball game. That shlt seems ret@rded to me. Traffic alone !!!!

Getting on a plane (all the hassles that go with it), reserving hotel suites (at a pretty penny), making sure everyone who's going goes....

Once I'm there I usually have a good time. Then I say to myself, ''I could have had a good time AND save that money (and boarding hassles) by staying home .''

BTW, Larry's long winded, tilted head speeches often had me pissing my pants.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Curtis Harper;20342462]
      Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post

Glorious moments

Everything has to line up perfectly for me to go to a form of entertainment. Concerts and a truly epic movie where only a big screen and epic sound system is needed are a couple that I will go too. I will never go to a ball game. That shlt seems ret@rded to me. Traffic alone !!!!

Getting on a plane (all the hassles that go with it), reserving hotel suites (at a pretty penny), making sure everyone who's going goes....

Once I'm there I usually have a good time. Then I say to myself, ''I could have had a good time AND save that money (and boarding hassles) by staying home .''

BTW, Larry's long winded, tilted head speeches often had me pissing my pants.
      Right. It was us boys and our dad. I did everything I could to get the best rates. Still close to 1k a night in today’s money for our suite. 1/3 that any other non fight weekend. Still had drunk chicks crying in the hallway all night. Fight tickets say $100 printed on them but cost 4x that from the reseller. My brother did shoulder block Jay Z though. Vegas is a mess. I only ever paid through the nose for drinks every time I’ve been there, who ever got free booze? Though I have toyed with the idea of flying down watching a fight and flying back all without sleeping. But we know that’s asking for it these days. Bouncer wouldn’t even let me in the club with my “tennis shoes”. Now we all watch the fights and text eachother. It’s something at least.

Comment

• Does anyone remember when HBO made Merchant apologize to ODH for the comments regarding him and the mariachi band? This wasn't the first time merchant said something on air that got him in hot water.

Comment

• I'm just glad we don't have to hear that fake commentator/fake fan/hater/don't know shet bout boxing little turd anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Floyd went from nothing to being a hundred millionaire. If he isn’t a “high voltage bulb” then what are you being internet some loser internet troll who hasn’t accomplished a tenth of what he’s accomplished. What’s your excuse smart guy?

You people are so ****** it’s funny. The fact that you actually have the nerve to talk come up here and down talk Floyd’s intelligence when he’s obviously one of the smartest highest iq fighters that the world has seen. You clowns aren’t even real boxing fans lol. You don’t even have respect for the sport to call Floyd dumb.
            You seem to mistake wealth for intelligence. Not surprised. Most flunkies like you who live vicariously through athletes or celebrities often make that mistake. You must think ***** is a genius since he's worth billions. You must also think that the only way to measure a man's value is by his bank account. I can assure you, I'm doing just fine for myself.

For all of his money he still isn't happy. He's still trying to measure up and prove something to the world by posting stacks of money on IG. That's what losers do, regardless of how wealthy they are...if you don't know how to enjoy your wealth and be humble about it, all the money in the world won't help you. I'm not a millionaire but I've also never been to prison for beating my baby-mama in front of my kids.

Keep worshiping wealthy athletes who don't even know you exist. Defend them at every turn as though you're in his last will and stand to inherit his fortune. LMAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
              LMAO. the Holy Grail of posts by a Haymon slurper.
              You’re the one who brought up Al Haymon lol. I was discussing how Floyd has proven himself to be intelligent and you used Haymon to try and discredit Floyd as If having a business mentor somehow discredits what Floyd has accomplished inside and outside the ring. You can’t take Floyd’s accomplishments away from him and that’s what eats you racists alive from the inside.

50-0, highest paid boxer in history, and recognized as 1 of the best of the best of all time. You and the rest just going to have to live with the bitterness until your miserable existence is over. No amount of trolling is going to change any of that
              Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
              You seem to mistake wealth for intelligence. Not surprised. Most flunkies like you who live vicariously through athletes or celebrities often make that mistake. You must think ***** is a genius since he's worth billions. You must also think that the only way to measure a man's value is by his bank account. I can assure you, I'm doing just fine for myself.

For all of his money he still isn't happy. He's still trying to measure up and prove something to the world by posting stacks of money on IG. That's what losers do, regardless of how wealthy they are...if you don't know how to enjoy your wealth and be humble about it, all the money in the world won't help you. I'm not a millionaire but I've also never been to prison for beating my baby-mama in front of my kids.

Keep worshiping wealthy athletes who don't even know you exist. Defend them at every turn as though you're in his last will and stand to inherit his fortune. LMAO!
              This reply is ironic because you clearly don’t read/comprehend on an adult level while you’re questioning someone else’s. Floyd’s wealth and accomplishments was only part of my argument and it certainly can’t be dismissed because he’s accomplished more on the business side of the sport than any other boxer hands down. You don’t have live vicariously through him to respect that. Especially when he did it all with absolutely no help from corporate white America. He’s a self made hundred millionaire without 1 national endorsement. That takes intelligence.

Again tho, that wasn’t the only part of the argument. Floyd’s intelligence as a fighter inside the ring was also extremely high and everyone attests to that. Even his haters talk about how smart of a fighter he is. So Floyd was the smartest fighter inside and out the ring but not intelligent?

I don’t equate wealth with intelligence but you certainly seem to equate being articulate with intelligence which shows how lacking in intelligence you are. Education and intelligence aren’t the same thing. Yea ***** he’s intelligent in at least some ways because he’s accomplished things that requires some level of intelligence. It’s not complicated. ***** has half of America brainwashed to support him regardless of what he does and he’s done it by showing the ability to manipulate and control people. That’s intelligence whether you like him or not.

You clearly aren’t “doing fine for yourself” either. You’ve got 13k posts on this site in less than 3 years. What that, 12-13 posts a day 24-7/365? You clearly don’t have much else better to do besides trolling on here insulting all time great fighters who’ve accomplished more than you could ever dream of. Again, you can’t even be a real boxing fan and call Floyd unintelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                ... about 47, if I remember well...
                ... but in philosophy they used a funny compound word: "aletheia"...

... "truth" (in English) at least derives from *deru- also *dreu-, Proto-Indo-European root meaning "be firm, solid, steadfast," with specialized senses "wood," "tree"... (even in Romanian we have "codru": oak forest...)

(NB: just before he died, Heidegger actually gave up his "beloved" concept of aletheia... )
                I loved Heidegger. Studied him undergrad, and like most, originally it sounded like craziness. Our teacher told us a story about going to a German philosophy convention in Germany and reading a passage from Heidegger and being asked if he knew how to speak German.

I know you like Wittgenstein, and I know Benjamin Whorf is a light weight, but I always liked how the whorfian hypothesis applies to the idea that some languages can grasp concepts that others cannot because we have not been exposed to certain concepts/things. A language like Ancient Greek was made to understand the many essences, that pour off that oak tree we can call nominal truth. Whorf famously gave the example of the Eskimos who had many many words for snow because it was such a part of their consciousness.

But the giants all studied the Greeks and grounded themselves in that understanding before venturing off into their own ideological historical understanding. Of course we can look at Existential thought and Post Moderns as removing the Oak tree while saving the acorns, leaves, essences that eminate from big T truth...

I found Kierkagaard to be the most sincere... He went in thinking he would preserve his faith and lost it. I never understood faith because I came from a non religious family. Buddhist inclinations and living in a monastery community of Buddhists we learned that there was no such thing as Faith, and the notion that some being would take an interest in problems which were uniquely human: how we suffered with impermanence, and grasped, desired things that caused us suffering.

Faith was replaced with practice, which guaranteed better psychology and well being. We were taught to discipline the mind to accept our condition with no recourse to some infinite nexus.

Its always nice to read your posts, hope I did not piss you off with some of my more crazy ideas... Saiblo also is apparently very dissapointed in me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  You’re the one who brought up Al Haymon lol. I was discussing how Floyd has proven himself to be intelligent and you used Haymon to try and discredit Floyd as If having a business mentor somehow discredits what Floyd has accomplished inside and outside the ring. You can’t take Floyd’s accomplishments away from him and that’s what eats you racists alive from the inside.

50-0, highest paid boxer in history, and recognized as 1 of the best of the best of all time. You and the rest just going to have to live with the bitterness until your miserable existence is over. No amount of trolling is going to change any of that

This reply is ironic because you clearly don’t read/comprehend on an adult level while you’re questioning someone else’s. Floyd’s wealth and accomplishments was only part of my argument and it certainly can’t be dismissed because he’s accomplished more on the business side of the sport than any other boxer hands down. You don’t have live vicariously through him to respect that. Especially when he did it all with absolutely no help from corporate white America. He’s a self made hundred millionaire without 1 national endorsement. That takes intelligence.

Again tho, that wasn’t the only part of the argument. Floyd’s intelligence as a fighter inside the ring was also extremely high and everyone attests to that. Even his haters talk about how smart of a fighter he is. So Floyd was the smartest fighter inside and out the ring but not intelligent?

I don’t equate wealth with intelligence but you certainly seem to equate being articulate with intelligence which shows how lacking in intelligence you are. Education and intelligence aren’t the same thing. Yea ***** he’s intelligent in at least some ways because he’s accomplished things that requires some level of intelligence. It’s not complicated. ***** has half of America brainwashed to support him regardless of what he does and he’s done it by showing the ability to manipulate and control people. That’s intelligence whether you like him or not.

You clearly aren’t “doing fine for yourself” either. You’ve got 13k posts on this site in less than 3 years. What that, 12-13 posts a day 24-7/365? You clearly don’t have much else better to do besides trolling on here insulting all time great fighters who’ve accomplished more than you could ever dream of. Again, you can’t even be a real boxing fan and call Floyd unintelligent.
                  I was wondering how long it would take you to bring race into the equation. Floyd didn't have any national endorsements because he was a classless piece of shyt who beat women. To say he did it all on his own is laughable. He had to surround himself with people who helped him from going broke (which he managed to do more than once while he was worth millions).

His ring IQ as a fighter is second to none, but he also chose his opponents at at time when they weren't their best or not as good as marketed by his PR team. Bob Arum and Al Haymon are the brains behind Floyd, not Floyd himself.

As for my post count, what is that to you? You probably spend more time tugging on yourself to gay p o r n and posters on your wall of Floyd than I do posting here. You're also deep in the red which tells me no one respects a damn thing you have to say. You're a casual who only cheer-leads for individual fighters whose persona resonates with your own. Go be a clown with someone else. You are beneath me.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                    I loved Heidegger. Studied him undergrad, and like most, originally it sounded like craziness. Our teacher told us a story about going to a German philosophy convention in Germany and reading a passage from Heidegger and being asked if he knew how to speak German.

I know you like Wittgenstein, and I know Benjamin Whorf is a light weight, but I always liked how the whorfian hypothesis applies to the idea that some languages can grasp concepts that others cannot because we have not been exposed to certain concepts/things. A language like Ancient Greek was made to understand the many essences, that pour off that oak tree we can call nominal truth. Whorf famously gave the example of the Eskimos who had many many words for snow because it was such a part of their consciousness.

But the giants all studied the Greeks and grounded themselves in that understanding before venturing off into their own ideological historical understanding. Of course we can look at Existential thought and Post Moderns as removing the Oak tree while saving the acorns, leaves, essences that eminate from big T truth...

I found Kierkagaard to be the most sincere... He went in thinking he would preserve his faith and lost it. I never understood faith because I came from a non religious family. Buddhist inclinations and living in a monastery community of Buddhists we learned that there was no such thing as Faith, and the notion that some being would take an interest in problems which were uniquely human: how we suffered with impermanence, and grasped, desired things that caused us suffering.

Faith was replaced with practice, which guaranteed better psychology and well being. We were taught to discipline the mind to accept our condition with no recourse to some infinite nexus.

Its always nice to read your posts, hope I did not piss you off with some of my more crazy ideas... Saiblo also is apparently very dissapointed in me.
                    ... green k sent...

(I'll answer you some time later... )

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

jhonny and i will green you when i give out green to fck heads... so it will be slow.. thank you. great post my bro.. awesome..

Comment

Working...
                      X