Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez: Canelo Didn't Fight Same Kovalev I Fought Twice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
    Well tell me this. Are you keeping it real and being unbiased or are you just being a hater???
    Canelo moved up two weight divisions to knock out a bigger man.
    I definitely gave Kovalev a chance to beat Canelo. Before the fight i had it 60-40 in favor of Canelo.
    But tell me this...
    Were you impressed with Spence's victory over Mikey???
    That was a much bigger mismatch than the Canelo-Kovalev fight.
    Did Spence impress you beating Mikey??
    Keep it real now.
    Nope not at all
    Not even a tad
    I was yelling on the forums that Canelo would get Kovi out by the 5th round
    And Garcia just disgusted me with his non chaland performance
    I really thought that Garcia saw something he could exploit and to my surprise it was his paycheque
    But brother , if Canelo really wanted to make a statement at light heavyweight or for his legacy , he would of had a go with another champ
    I think his only chance would be against Bivol but nope , he was gone faster than when he won the belt

Comment

And the version of GGG that fought Vanes and any other bum he killed didn't look the same against Canelo. Remember Mexican Style that aggressive committing to big punches version of GGG disappeared against Canelo then came back for 1 night against Vanes in 2018 and then months later was gone again against Canelo in the rematch. It was nothing but Scared Jab Style as he was forced backwards all night.

The version of Danny Jacobs who bltized Quillin in 1 round and knocked out many other fighters didn't look the same as Canelo. Despite a huge weight and size advantage he fought passive and scared against Canelo throwing jabs not wanting to be countered with big shots.

Kovalev looked like GGG and Jacobs before him all bigger men, big punchers with huge KO records but fought scared and cautious jabbing against canelo. Kovalev moved too much and soft jabs to keep canelo off him and off his body to survive. If he fought like he did in other fights he risked getting countered and knocked out early to the body so he refused to fight like that. If GGG fought Mexican Style he would of been stopped likely to the body, if Jacobs fights reckless with big shots he would of been dropped like the Mora fight or KO'd like the Pirog fight.

Canelo is that good that he makes all these big men and massive punchers fight scared and makes fans come up with stupid excuses and conspiracy theories for them after they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        And boxers in the old days sometimes fought once a week!
        and had a life expectancy similar to the age Kovalev was when he fought Canelo!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
          Only the haters love to come up with theories and excuses as to why Kovalev got knocked the fucc out by Canelo.
          Real unbiased boxing fans give credit where credit is due.
          That's why the Kovalev win cemented Canelo as fighter of the year. Cause the people who keep it real know it was an impressive win by Canelo and that's why they voted Canelo as the fighter of the year...
          Kovalev trained 8 weeks for the Yarde fight, rested for less than a month then went for another 8 weeks for the Alvarez fight. Those are the facts... Dont have to be an athlete to know how bad that was

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
            and had a life expectancy similar to the age Kovalev was when he fought Canelo!
            Point being that 10 weeks is plenty of time. No excuses.

Comment

Point being that 10 weeks is plenty of time. No excuses.
              But Canelo can give himself 12 for ****ing Fielding...

Comment

Andy Ruiz fought Joshua on 6 weeks notice.

Sugar Ray Robinson fought once a week several times.
                being damaged goods at 36, being ko'd twice in the past 2 years, and almost being ko'd in the fight 10 weeks earlier is not the same as your comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                  But Canelo can give himself 12 for ****ing Fielding...
                  Andy Ruiz only needed 6 weeks to send Joshua to Concussion-ville. No excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    being damaged goods at 36, being ko'd twice in the past 2 years, and almost being ko'd in the fight 10 weeks earlier is not the same as your comparisons.
                    In the past Kovalev complained that he had too much time off between fights and that's why he wasn't sharp.

Now it was too soon between fights.

Maybe next time the porridge will be just right.

Comment

In the past Kovalev complained that he had too much time off between fights and that's why he wasn't sharp.

Now it was too soon between fights.

Maybe next time the porridge will be just right.
                      fighting every 5 months is one thing, 10nweeks is a another... Especially at 36

Comment

Working...
                      X