Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez: Canelo Didn't Fight Same Kovalev I Fought Twice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo didn't fight the same Kovalev that WARD fought.

Because Ward ended the m*****r.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      I don't get how people use that line of logic. People go from being perfectly healthy to being diagnosed with something to dead in a shorter time. Not crazy to think that Kovalev was a different fighter in 9 months. They just don't like that it takes away from Canelo's victory.
      Kovalev went from being a shot fighter after he lost to Alvarez then elite after he beat Alvarez then shot again before he fought Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        well, in that nine months he went 11 months with Yarde, then immediately went back into camp to drain himself and fight Canelo.

So it's possible.
        Dude's here just mad because they see any type of criticism as a judgement on Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
          11 months? Was there a disruption in the space time continuum I didn't know about?
          Clearly I meant rounds. I’m multitasking.

Comment

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed. Dirrell, Jack and now Eleider Alvarez. Kovalev suddenly has a limp jab? Lol. Add to that he called fans ignoramuses who thought he could win. And he said he was surprised he lasted 11 rounds in his condition & that it was impossible to win. Kovalev didn't come to win.

Comment

Kovalev is past his best, that's all. No way of measuring exactly how much worse he is between compared to the past.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Dude's here just mad because they see any type of criticism as a judgement on Canelo.
                Guys get old, he looked old against Alvarez. He looked old against Yarde and he looked old and drained against Canelo.

I watched Kovalev/Ward II Wednesday night, and he looked old there too.

Comment

Kovalev went from being a shot fighter after he lost to Alvarez then elite after he beat Alvarez then shot again before he fought Canelo.
                  We didn't see Kovalev do the rematch 10 weeks after, did we? The main argument is the quick turn around. It was 6 months between fights. You got ShoulderRoll over here talking about fighters used to fight once a week, so what's the big deal about fighting 10 weeks after a fight, as if fighters at that level, at that age, do that. It'd be one thing if it was a quick turn around for a tuneup fight, but not against someone like Canelo.
                  Last edited by AKAcronym; 01-18-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Yes he was. You just didn’t prepare for the rematch well. A novice Yarde nearly knocked him out. Learn the lesson Alvarez

Comment

Canelo fought Kovalev exactly 9 months after Kovalev dominated Alvarez. You really think those 9 months made a massive difference? gtfo.
                      And he fought Kovalev 2 months after kovalev's last fight. That's the one that made the difference

Comment

Working...
                      X