Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez: Canelo Didn't Fight Same Kovalev I Fought Twice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alvarez vs kovalev looked fixed

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
      I don't get how people use that line of logic. People go from being perfectly healthy to being diagnosed with something to dead in a shorter time. Not crazy to think that Kovalev was a different fighter in 9 months. They just don't like that it takes away from Canelo's victory.
      Only the haters love to come up with theories and excuses as to why Kovalev got knocked the fucc out by Canelo.
      Real unbiased boxing fans give credit where credit is due.
      That's why the Kovalev win cemented Canelo as fighter of the year. Cause the people who keep it real know it was an impressive win by Canelo and that's why they voted Canelo as the fighter of the year...

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
        Only the haters love to come up with theories and excuses as to why Kovalev got knocked the fucc out by Canelo.
        That's why the Kovalev win cemented Canelo as fighter of the year. Cause the people who keep it real know it was an impressive win by Canelo and that's why they voted Canelo as the fighter of the year...
        There really weren't too many contenders this year so it's fine they gave it to him. Would've been more impressive to stop a top LHW who hadn't been stopped before though.

Comment

Kovalev Was Paid To Lie Down

If Canelo was the bad ass you fan boys claim, he would not have dropped his WBO belt and left the division. He would have tried to get a unification with Bivol or Beterbiev. But we all know Clenelo is not built that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
            Can you tell me what was so impressive of Canelo’s victory over Kovi
            Did you believe that Kovi had a chance honestly
            My only disappointment with the fight was he didn’t get him out of there earlier
            But never did I think Kovi had a remote fughin chance of winning

Originally posted by BlackR0bbb View Post
            If Canelo was the bad ass you fan boys claim, he would not have dropped his WBO belt and left the division. He would have tried to get a unification with Bivol or Beterbiev. But we all know Clenelo is not built that way.

Exactly this
            For Canelo this was just another trophy on his mantle
            Nothing more and definitely nothing less
            Hand picked and away he went

Comment

I think the difference between the Kovalev of the Eleider and Canelo fights is marginal, the 8th round of that Yarde fight was rough for him though and he could probably have used the rest rather than straight back to camp for the biggest fight of his career but I dunno the old times used to fight even more regularly than that and didn't seem to mind...

Truth is though he's never been the same since the Andre Ward fights wich ironically I thought he should have won (the first time I had him winning and the second time I felt he was clearly tripled in the nuts!)
              Still it killed his momentum and his confidence and seemingly his ability to restrain his vodka intake...
              Still even now he's a good puncher and a real crafty technician at the top level so good wins for both Alvarez' but since Ward he has looked Sooooo vulnerable

Comment

Well duhhh. Canelo fought Kovalev who was fighting on just 10 weeks rest and was almost ko'd in that fight by a novice in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                  Well duhhh. Canelo fought Kovalev who was fighting on just 10 weeks rest and was almost ko'd in that fight by a novice in that fight.
                  Andy Ruiz fought Joshua on 6 weeks notice.

Sugar Ray Robinson fought once a week several times.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    Can you tell me what was so impressive of Canelo’s victory over Kovi
                    Did you believe that Kovi had a chance honestly
                    My only disappointment with the fight was he didn’t get him out of there earlier
                    But never did I think Kovi had a remote fughin chance of winning

Exactly this
                    For Canelo this was just another trophy on his mantle
                    Nothing more and definitely nothing less
                    Hand picked and away he went
                    Well tell me this. Are you keeping it real and being unbiased or are you just being a hater???
                    Canelo moved up two weight divisions to knock out a bigger man.
                    I definitely gave Kovalev a chance to beat Canelo. Before the fight i had it 60-40 in favor of Canelo.
                    But tell me this...
                    Were you impressed with Spence's victory over Mikey???
                    That was a much bigger mismatch than the Canelo-Kovalev fight.
                    Did Spence impress you beating Mikey??
                    Keep it real now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Andy Ruiz fought Joshua on 6 weeks notice.

Sugar Ray Robinson fought once a week several times.
                      Yeah I wonder why they don't do that anymore...

Comment

Working...
                      X