No announcement yet.

To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
    John you seem cool but I don’t see how Canelo won that fight by any stretch of the imagination. Even a draw was a bit suspect, although I personally am not crying robbery. Nobody is so upset that it was a draw. The 118-110 scorecard in the first fight is what made so upset most people, because it shows that the card was likely made before the fight or other form of corruption. And wouldn’t even Canelo fans prefer he loses or draws fairly rather than wins unfairly? It would have been better for Canelo’s legacy for him to have lost a close decision in the first fight and won the second; than all of this drama over the first fight and the steroids which will forever be an asterisk above his name. IMO Second fight had fair judging.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
      Lol...wut...once in the US he fought about 15 really solid pros...but because he dusted all of them, some want to call those guys bums...to each his own.

No huge names wanted a GGG fight at that time...way too much risk and too little reward...you got no money, got KOed/hurt, lost, and everyone (like you lol) says that you sucked...who would want to fight him lol.

Anyone saying that his run of fighters/wins (even pre-Canelo) since he got in the US wasn't really solid, I mean they just don't have a lot of credibility imho.

If you think running through guys like Geale, Murray, Monroe, Proksa, Ouma, Lemieux, Macklin, Stevens (and about 7-8 other solid guys too) etc is easy work, to do that and never have a slip up or even close to it (besides Ouma really)...I mean I just don't think you know much about this lane man...maybe you follow other divisions or something idk.
      Buddy with all respect you are barking up the wrong tree
      For someone who stepped into this game with such high expectations ( not sure when you started to follow him but I can tell you had no clue who he was before the media brought him upon you ) this was the second coming of the perfect boxer
      All the guys you mentioned besides two of them , I’ll let you figure out which ones , have all gone to do absolutely nothing n the game
      They are one trick ponies who were put on a pedestal after one significant win in 5heir career
      If to you that is great , hey all the power to you , to me they were sacrificed lambs who took their shot and discovered that they couldn’t perform at that level
      Just to many roadblocks and speed bumps along his career and that is why there is so much hatred towards the man
      Some blame needs to be laid on him
      And for his former foes , that you mentioned , what did they do that was so great , that they should even be considered in the same sentence as GGG
      This coming from a former fan
      Do you see Canelo waiting around for GGG , or do you see someone moving on and making the best with what he’s got in front of him , that whether we agree with it or not
      But he ain’t fighting the Vanes and Rolls in fear of not getting his next payday
      It’s actually sad to see a man reach so fughin low
      Chit happens but that don’t stop the world from functioning

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        That’s exactly where the Ian Gardner fight came about and sparked my interest
        Don’t want to get into a whole debate here , but to much is to much
        And some of that blame needs to be laid on him
        Once here he could of turned things around but didn’t and that’s on him
        Gotta disagree with you. He went from a nobody to one of the top fighters in the world once he moved to the US. He was making peanuts overseas and ended up signing a huge contract with DAZN.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          you wouldn't know a good fighter if he walked up and punched you in the face

you literally said that the only valid scoring criteria is the total punches landed, and you insisted that every landed punch counts

neither of those things are true

which is why ALL of the judges gave Canelo 5 CLEAR rounds in the first fight... but you can only manage to give him 3 total
          I didn't "give" Canelo anything. He earned four rounds in the first fight. I scored it 8-4 for Golovkin.

Comment

Buddy with all respect you are barking up the wrong tree
            For someone who stepped into this game with such high expectations ( not sure when you started to follow him but I can tell you had no clue who he was before the media brought him upon you ) this was the second coming of the perfect boxer
            All the guys you mentioned besides two of them , I’ll let you figure out which ones , have all gone to do absolutely nothing n the game
            They are one trick ponies who were put on a pedestal after one significant win in 5heir career
            If to you that is great , hey all the power to you , to me they were sacrificed lambs who took their shot and discovered that they couldn’t perform at that level
            Just to many roadblocks and speed bumps along his career and that is why there is so much hatred towards the man
            Some blame needs to be laid on him
            And for his former foes , that you mentioned , what did they do that was so great , that they should even be considered in the same sentence as GGG
            This coming from a former fan
            Do you see Canelo waiting around for GGG , or do you see someone moving on and making the best with what he’s got in front of him , that whether we agree with it or not
            But he ain’t fighting the Vanes and Rolls in fear of not getting his next payday
            It’s actually sad to see a man reach so fughin low
            Chit happens but that don’t stop the world from functioning
            Probably the easiest way to respond

1) most fighters, even ATGs, have only a few 'great' fights...meaning most fights they have are against solid pros.

2) most of these fighters, even ATGs, have slip ups against those solid pros...GGG never did, I think that is really commendable.

3) when even ATGs face other prime ATGs, guess what...their record is about .500 in those fights...I think GGG beat Canelo twice...a lot of people agree...some don't...but in his two biggest fights, he won both imo.

4) SD and Ouma were GGG's only real tough/close fights...Ouma was probably tied before the KO, SD I could see someone getting him to 6 and maybe even 7 rounds there...it was a very tough close fight, where GGG landed the better shots in most rounds, while SD appeared to outwork GGG in a lot of rounds.

5) coincidentally, that is the same formula (but the inverse) of what happened in some rounds with GGG vs Canelo...I have those rounds as split em rounds, where one guy outlands the other (by a small or few punch margin), but the other guy maybe lands the best shot or shots of the round.

6) people who give Canelo or SD all of those rounds (or GGG), well they show their bias imho and I don't take their scores too seriously.

7) GGG only fought Vanes because CANELO popped dirty for PEDs and GGG was tired of being dragged around and staying inactive (for him, as the Jacobs and Canelo negotiations had been drawn out), so he wanted to keep the date against a decent name to stay fresh...

How anyone can blame GGG for that fight and not Canelo, I mean what are people even doing lol...just exposes the bias imo, whether people are conscious of it or not, idk.

8) So yes, feel free to go back through any fighter's, even an ATG's, resume, and you will find it littered with solid pros...the difference between most of those guys and GGG is that GGG never lost or really had a controversial fight (unless one wants to add SD in there), whereas most of those guys had one or more fights like that against solid pros.

If people want to really hate on those guys he fought, feel free...but I have a feeling if GGG wasn't around in those days, people would have looked at the division as fairly strong...as there would have been a lot of parity...when one guy is running through the division, it looks weak to some.

Take 154 for example...it looks strong now, because there is parity...if Hurd had KOed JRock and the Charlo and then rematched Lara and KOed him...well they would all be considered 'bums' and Hurd would be the king of 154, and the rest of the class would be looked at as weak...most likely anyway.

In truth the division imho was probably about average when GGG was there, and his fight ledger in that time was really solid as a whole imho.

But again feel free to research any ATG's resume and let me know what you find as far as fights they had, and their results in those fights, and then compare it to GGG's...that should open up a lot of eyes if people go in objectively to that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              Gotta disagree with you. He went from a nobody to one of the top fighters in the world once he moved to the US. He was making peanuts overseas and ended up signing a huge contract with DAZN.
              Yup , fighting the Vanes , the Rolls etc etc
              And making a mockery of the people who gave him all that money imo
              Now , waiting around for Canelo to give him a third bout , he’s like that hooker who lost her appeal because she don’t look so young so will take wtv is thrown her way
              My point is , Fugh the waiting around and go make your own legacy
              Maybe I just held him in to high respect

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                Probably the easiest way to respond

1) most fighters, even ATGs, have only a few 'great' fights...meaning most fights they have are against solid pros.

2) most of these fighters, even ATGs, have slip ups against those solid pros...GGG never did, I think that is really commendable.

3) when even ATGs face other prime ATGs, guess what...their record is about .500 in those fights...I think GGG beat Canelo twice...a lot of people agree...some don't...but in his two biggest fights, he won both imo.

4) SD and Ouma were GGG's only real tough/close fights...Ouma was probably tied before the KO, SD I could see someone getting him to 6 and maybe even 7 rounds there...it was a very tough close fight, where GGG landed the better shots in most rounds, while SD appeared to outwork GGG in a lot of rounds.

5) coincidentally, that is the same formula (but the inverse) of what happened in some rounds with GGG vs Canelo...I have those rounds as split em rounds, where one guy outlands the other (by a small or few punch margin), but the other guy maybe lands the best shot or shots of the round.

6) people who give Canelo or SD all of those rounds (or GGG), well they show their bias imho and I don't take their scores too seriously.

7) GGG only fought Vanes because CANELO popped dirty for PEDs and GGG was tired of being dragged around and staying inactive (for him, as the Jacobs and Canelo negotiations had been drawn out), so he wanted to keep the date against a decent name to stay fresh...

How anyone can blame GGG for that fight and not Canelo, I mean what are people even doing lol...just exposes the bias imo, whether people are conscious of it or not, idk.

8) So yes, feel free to go back through any fighter's, even an ATG's, resume, and you will find it littered with solid pros...the difference between most of those guys and GGG is that GGG never lost or really had a controversial fight (unless one wants to add SD in there), whereas most of those guys had one or more fights like that against solid pros.

If people want to really hate on those guys he fought, feel free...but I have a feeling if GGG wasn't around in those days, people would have looked at the division as fairly strong...as there would have been a lot of parity...when one guy is running through the division, it looks weak to some.

Take 154 for example...it looks strong now, because there is parity...if Hurd had KOed JRock and the Charlo and then rematched Lara and KOed him...well they would all be considered 'bums' and Hurd would be the king of 154, and the rest of the class would be looked at as weak...most likely anyway.

In truth the division imho was probably about average when GGG was there, and his fight ledger in that time was really solid as a whole imho.

But again feel free to research any ATG's resume and let me know what you find as far as fights they had, and their results in those fights, and then compare it to GGG's...that should open up a lot of eyes if people go in objectively to that.
                Objectively you say
                Geale , Monroe , Murray , Proksa , Ouma , Lemieux Macklin and Stevens
                Are these the all time greats you speak of
                Shall we go down the list a little further and what are the chances of finding more atg’s
                C’mon man , like I said before I was a fan but chit happens and didn’t expect this from GGG
                Every time he’s hit a bump , he’s never say d that some fault laid on him going all the way back to when he was signed to Universum

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  right...he only became 'somebody' once he came over here...and he did that by KOing everyone he fought in exciting fashion...to those who say it is easy to do, feel free to point out why Charlo can't do it to Adams and Korobov and Andrade can't to Sulecki and Fox etc.

Comment

Objectively you say
                    Geale , Monroe , Murray , Proksa , Ouma , Lemieux Macklin and Stevens
                    Are these the all time greats you speak of
                    Shall we go down the list a little further and what are the chances of finding more atg’s
                    C’mon man , like I said before I was a fan but chit happens and didn’t expect this from GGG
                    Every time he’s hit a bump , he’s never say d that some fault laid on him going all the way back to when he was signed to Universum
                    I suggest you read my post again if that's what you took from it, sincerely. Not trying to be rude but maybe English isn't your first language and something was lost in translation.

Comment

Yup , fighting the Vanes , the Rolls etc etc
                      And making a mockery of the people who gave him all that money imo
                      Now , waiting around for Canelo to give him a third bout , he’s like that hooker who lost her appeal because she don’t look so young so will take wtv is thrown her way
                      My point is , Fugh the waiting around and go make your own legacy
                      Maybe I just held him in to high respect
                      Lol...his last 6 fights are probably better than any current fighter's...absent maybe Canelo and they are basically even since they have 3 overlapping fights in the 6.

You have the audacity to mention Vanes and Rolls...but not SD, Canelo, Canelo and Jacobs in his last 6, lol...why not mention Fielding and Chavez for Canelo lol.

And again Vanes was only there because Canelo got popped for PEDs...I mean how can you guys think you are being objective here...like it's wild lol.

Just crazy man, no offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X