To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    You some mad fughin murderer ?
    You trying to rid yourself of some skeletons ?
    You throwing GGG to the wolves
    Imo he is done , thinking Father Time has caught up to him and it’s really disappointing , would could of or have been
    He’s done , been wasting all his time chasing Canelo has made him forget what he was hence his face becoming his defensive weapon
    I had a discussion with a friend and he states that his downfall was staying an amateur for too long and having a hard time integrating into the pro ranks
    He brings Loma as an example anyway that’s a whole other discussion but you get my drift
    Weird thing is he turned pro at the same age as Loma, 24, but at that time I'm not sure promoters had really figured how to make the best use of elite amateurs. In terms of the European scene at the time GGG was actually kinda fast tracked getting into a mando position within 3 years and looked on his way to a stellar career until he ran into a glass ceiling with Sturm and the WBA which ended up costing him about 3 years of his prime.

If nothing else came out of Golovkin's career though, it did open the eyes of US promoters to the potential - and value for money - in hiring top ammys out of the gate or even approaching 'em whilst they're still in the unpaid ranks, and opened the gate for dudes like Loma, Usyk, Gvozdyk and Beterbiev.

I do agree about the time wasted chasing Canelo though... I mean yeah, I can't blame a dude for chasing the $ millions but it ain't my bank account he's filling. I got no interest in fights like Vanes or Rolls or Szeremeta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Weird thing is he turned pro at the same age as Loma, 24, but at that time I'm not sure promoters had really figured how to make the best use of elite amateurs. In terms of the European scene at the time GGG was actually kinda fast tracked getting into a mando position within 3 years and looked on his way to a stellar career until he ran into a glass ceiling with Sturm and the WBA which ended up costing him about 3 years of his prime.

If nothing else came out of Golovkin's career though, it did open the eyes of US promoters to the potential - and value for money - in hiring top ammys out of the gate or even approaching 'em whilst they're still in the unpaid ranks, and opened the gate for dudes like Loma, Usyk, Gvozdyk and Beterbiev.

I do agree about the time wasted chasing Canelo though... I mean yeah, I can't blame a dude for chasing the $ millions but it ain't my bank account he's filling. I got no interest in fights like Vanes or Rolls or Szeremeta.

You make some valid points
      And your absolutely right about promoters coming to realize that these amateurs of today are not the same amateurs of yesteryears
      They just can’t cuckold them , example being the loss to Salido really upped Loma’s game
      Kind of what Floyd did for Canelo
      I really started following GGG when he fought the Canadian Gardner , that’s when he really started getting my attention and I was fascinated
      It took quite a bit of patience because he was being held back imo
      But then it just became ridiculous and sorry but couldn’t swallow his perseverance to not fight the best their was
      Not sure either why that would be cause I think he had all the attributes to win
      Then began the chasing game to get Canelo and that just made me nauseous
      I get the whole money part but sometimes you just got to do it on your own
      For me , GGG is done
      Father Time has caught up to him
      Just hate thinking what could of been

Comment

You make some valid points
        And your absolutely right about promoters coming to realize that these amateurs of today are not the same amateurs of yesteryears
        They just can’t cuckold them , example being the loss to Salido really upped Loma’s game
        Kind of what Floyd did for Canelo
        I really started following GGG when he fought the Canadian Gardner , that’s when he really started getting my attention and I was fascinated
        It took quite a bit of patience because he was being held back imo
        But then it just became ridiculous and sorry but couldn’t swallow his perseverance to not fight the best their was
        Not sure either why that would be cause I think he had all the attributes to win
        Then began the chasing game to get Canelo and that just made me nauseous
        I get the whole money part but sometimes you just got to do it on your own
        For me , GGG is done
        Father Time has caught up to him
        Just hate thinking what could of been
        Yeah, more a shame than anything... honestly right up to 2015 or so I'm not really sure what more he could have done... the title fights weren't coming and your dudes like Macklin, Geale and Murray who he did fight and Lee, Barker and Pirog who he tried to fight were literally the best available alternatives. It was only after the big $s became a possibility that he started swerving a few... that said when we're talking the hot/cold BJS and maybe having fought D'Chenko a year earlier it's hardly like it would have radically altered his career evaluation, but it would have earned him more respect at least.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-23-2020, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Yeah, more a shame than anything... honestly right up to 2015 or so I'm not really sure what more he could have done... the title fights weren't coming and your dudes like Macklin, Geale and Murray who he did fight and Lee, Barker and Pirog who he tried to fight were literally the best available alternatives. It was only after the big $s became a possibility that he started swerving a few... that said when we're talking the hot/cold BJS and maybe having fought D'Chenko a year earlier it's hardly like it would have radically altered his career evaluation, but it would have earned him more respect at least.
          Definitely a shame
          Can’t argue there
          And that’s where my frustration towards him lies
          Like I said , I was a fan but just seemed like he would take one step forward and then two back
          It just left a bad taste in my mouth , once , twice and so on
          Slowly started to fade away and he became real fake imo
          All that just to say he gave me that false feeling and at some point just had to turn away lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
            Lol oh that's interesting, thanks...what would you say are Canelo's best wins? I better not hear GGG, Kovalev, Cotto or Mosley come out of there
            for a WW/LMW these arent good wins? Aside from Mos who has been shot for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              you wouldn't know a good fighter if he walked up and punched you in the face

you literally said that the only valid scoring criteria is the total punches landed, and you insisted that every landed punch counts

neither of those things are true

which is why ALL of the judges gave Canelo 5 CLEAR rounds in the first fight... but you can only manage to give him 3 total
              You must be talking about Archie Solis but I doubt he would say Canelo is a good fighter after Canelo confronted him then sucker punched him.

I ran into Alvarez when I finished training. Suddenly he began to claim a lot of things. He asked, 'why are you with my woman?'. I told him that I didn't know what he was talking about and then without warning he hit me with a left and right cross. I went back and then he threw a couple of more punches, one hit me in the temple and one to my chest. I wanted it to stop," Solis said.

Your hero is an ******* just like Kovalev. Solis is a 108 pound fighter by the way.
              Last edited by TonyGe; 01-23-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                for a WW/LMW these arent good wins? Aside from Mos who has been shot for a long time.
                A WW/LMW? C'mon, man.

Dudes got some good wins but you don't want to oversell it now. He last made Welter when he was 19 years old, last made 154 when he'd just turned 26 and then without testing. A pretty much standard progression. Full grown he's a natural MW, maybe even a smallish SMW as the WBC knew full well when they started grooming him for the MW title around 2013. Dude deserves credit for fighting above his natural weight at 175 or maybe even 168, but not for just growing up.

Comment

Definitely a shame
                  Can’t argue there
                  And that’s where my frustration towards him lies
                  Like I said , I was a fan but just seemed like he would take one step forward and then two back
                  It just left a bad taste in my mouth , once , twice and so on
                  Slowly started to fade away and he became real fake imo
                  All that just to say he gave me that false feeling and at some point just had to turn away lol
                  His biggest mistake was fighting out of Germany instead of going to the US. He may have went there because of personal reasons but as a career move it wasn't the best. Then there was the contract with Universum that held him back. When he finally got a big money fight he came out on the wrong side of the decision. Plenty of boxers have been a victim of the Vegas "A Side" bias and Golovin was one of them.

Comment

A WW/LMW? C'mon, man.

Dudes got some good wins but you don't want to oversell it now. He last made Welter when he was 19 years old, last made 154 when he'd just turned 26 and then without testing. A pretty much standard progression. Full grown he's a natural MW, maybe even a smallish SMW as the WBC knew full well when they started grooming him for the MW title around 2013. Dude deserves credit for fighting above his natural weight at 175 or maybe even 168, but not for just growing up.
                    48 fights at LM and WW, thats 86% of his career, dont try that one, not for me, but for you, it makes u look a total moron.

Comment

• Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
                      48 fights at LM and WW, thats 86% of his career, dont try that one, not for me, but for you, it makes u look a total moron.
                      You called him a Welter / JMW man. He wasn't that any more. Dudes grow up, man. And I ain't really concerned what you think I look like, brother... or anyone else for that matter.

Fact is he wasn't making Welter or JMW any more by the time those fights came around. Dude made WW once in the last 10 years and JMW once in the last 6 years. You don't want to acknowledge that it's on you.

Canelo has about the best resume in the sport, man, it doesn't really need bolstering with silly half-truths.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-23-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X