Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley: Canelo is Fighter of Decade, Not Mayweather!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markther View Post
    It’s ironic that Floyd started the decade by beating Shane. Then went on to beat Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana (2), Manny, and Berto. And his win against Manny looks much better because Manny went on to beat Bradley, Vargas, Horn, Matthysse, Broner, & Thurman.

When we look at the notable and highly recognizable names that Canelo fought and beat in this decade, the names are Mosley, Josesito Lopez, Trout, Lara, Cotto, Khan, Chavez Jr., GGG, Jacobs, and Kovalev.

When you break down the HOF or future HOF fighters both beat in the past decade, the edge goes to Floyd. Floyd beat 4 definite HOF’ers in this decade (Cotto, Shane, Manny, & Canelo).

Canelo beat 2 definite HOF’ers, Mosley and GGG. Possibly a total of 4 HOF’ers if you throw in Kovalev and Jacobs. I know Jacobs still has work to do to get in. A lot of people will say Khan and Lara will get in but I don’t really see it right now.
    You're counting 4 hofers for Floyd but aren't counting some of the exact same wins for Canelo at a much younger age. Canelo has beat these likely future hofers:Cotto,Mosely,Lara, Kovalev,Ggg,(Jacobs,Trout are both likely to get in too) so that's 5-7 future hofers in a single decade,he won 5 fights that were qualified as lineal(between the best 2 at the weight or when opponent held lineal(cotto), that's an amazing stat,he has also won 17 belts this decade in 4 weightclasses which is astonishing considering its almost 2 belts won for every year of the decade
    Last edited by kushking; 01-14-2020, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
      Pac didn't like adversity. His CW of De La Hoya, Cotto and Margarito is evidence of that.
      Are you thinking your smart with this reply clever clogs?
      Pac fought another 10 years after these fights, are you sure you know what your saying? In 8 divisions. Are you sure you know what your saying? Delete your post please. I'll pretend I didn't see it and then.I'll delete this post.
      I'm a fair man

Comment

hold on....

this is when Mosley was asked who is FOTD...

this is minutes later, when Mosley was reminded that Mayweather is eligible...

the writer was... premature

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I don't think Canelo will ever fight @ 160 again!
          Definitely possible but the fact hes not dropped any of his 160 belts have me leaning towards he will.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
            The writer is wrong when he says Mosely was 41 vs Canelo he was 40. It should be obvious that Canelo has done far more this decade than anyone. Hes been in more 50/50 type fights on paper than anyone & the odds reflected that(even though the odds warnt pickem odds they were close while ggg & others were like 30/1 favorite's in most their fights(on paper & officially),Floyd was usually a big favorite too & especially pac in many fights. Bottom line is Canelo has taken more winnable but tossup still fights than anyone this decade. Canelo has 24 wins this decade that are just worth more imho than floyds boring ass decisions with asterisk
            The "boring" talk is a false narrative & there is no "asterisk" in his fights either, nothing more than media trying to discredit T.B.E. along with the lame fan base that "Don't Know Shet Bout Boxing."

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              Canelo Alvarez reportedly targeting May 2nd title fight with Billy Joe Saunders

It looks as if Canelo Alvarez (53-1-2, 36 KOs) is laying down the groundwork for his next move. After stopping Sergey Kovalev in his last outing in November to win a light heavyweight world title, it looks like Canelo is looking to drop back down to 168lbs in order to secure another major world title.

Mike Coppinger reports that his sources have informed him that Canelo has set his eyes on super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders for a May 2nd clash — Cinco de Mayo weekend — with both sides expected to kick negotiations into high gear this week. Should the fight be made and Canelo win, he would become a legitimate four-division world champion after only securing a secondary 168lb title against Rocky Fielding in late 2018.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/1/1...zn-boxing-news
              Is he staying there or is this another one off fight? Idk that anyone knows. I'm not a fan. I know lotsa folks are doe so fair play.

Randomly part of me thinks this whole musical divisions thing is partially to not fight GGG again. GGG has been the only guy giving as good as hes gotten with Canelo post-Floyd & I think Canelo wants to dip out of that rivalry while hes ahead on paper even if plenty of fans got GGG up 2 to zip unofficially.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Is he staying there or is this another one off fight? Idk that anyone knows. I'm not a fan. I know lotsa folks are doe so fair play.

Randomly part of me thinks this whole musical divisions thing is partially to not fight GGG again. GGG has been the only guy giving as good as hes gotten with Canelo post-Floyd & I think Canelo wants to dip out of that rivalry while hes ahead on paper even if plenty of fans got GGG up 2 to zip unofficially.
                GGG not only wanted to beat Canelo, he wanted to destroy his image in the eyes of Mexicans! I think that went too far for Canelo! If GGG ducks Andrade, and fights Kamil Szeremeta, even when Andrade is his stablemate, then I know he's washed up, and never deserves to fight Canelo again!

Comment

Originally posted by markther View Post
                  It’s ironic that Floyd started the decade by beating Shane. Then went on to beat Ortiz, Cotto, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana (2), Manny, and Berto. And his win against Manny looks much better because Manny went on to beat Bradley, Vargas, Horn, Matthysse, Broner, & Thurman.

When we look at the notable and highly recognizable names that Canelo fought and beat in this decade, the names are Mosley, Josesito Lopez, Trout, Lara, Cotto, Khan, Chavez Jr., GGG, Jacobs, and Kovalev.

When you break down the HOF or future HOF fighters both beat in the past decade, the edge goes to Floyd. Floyd beat 4 definite HOF’ers in this decade (Cotto, Shane, Manny, & Canelo).

Canelo beat 2 definite HOF’ers, Mosley and GGG. Possibly a total of 4 HOF’ers if you throw in Kovalev and Jacobs. I know Jacobs still has work to do to get in. A lot of people will say Khan and Lara will get in but I don’t really see it right now.
                  golovkin aint a HOF'er & shouldn't be.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I agree that may initially have been the reason for Canelo not wanting to fight against GGG a 3rd time (it would be foolish to return to the scene of the crime, just take what you got and go).

But do we really think Canelo would have any problem with GGG now? It'll be three years since their first fight, which most felt GGG was at the tail end if not past prime then. Heck, he is closer to 50 than to 25 now!

I think Canelo realizes that beating G now does nothing but add to the reputation that he built his name beating up big names past their prime. And if G is able to land a big punch and win, that would tarnish Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
                      Canelo has arguably 3 losses but because he's the cash cow, he was never going to lose those fights. If he wasn't who he is, we wouldn't be having this discussion. He just has names that people recognize, who were either too small and/or older.
                      On video Nelo has ONE loss. The next closest to beat him was Lara but Lara gave that fight up. Nelo clearly outboxed golovkin in the 1st fight too (cuz I know you think Nelo lost to him).

Comment

Working...
                      X