Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Danny Garcia: I'm A Hall Of Fame Fighter - Right Now!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    he never faced abril. Could've lost to Peterson and Herrera though. The Zab fight wasn't close. Zab won maybe 3 rounds tops. Who ducks pac and mayweather? Neither was ever a realistic option for him. He just didn't sweat them the way khan did.
    whayddya mean could have ??##

Herrera got bad decision after bad decision and the WORST was he got absolutely robbed against Garcia - #homecooking!

Peterson was easily the better fighter but because he ran for the first 5 rounds he lost the fight rather than Danny won it. Once Peterson realised he had nothing to fear and he went after Danny he gave him a boxing lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactic Larry View Post
      I disagree, had he beat Porter and Thurman then sure..but as of now he is not imo
      But their standards are low. They've put Mosley in there even though his resume wasn't that great and he was using steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        whayddya mean could have ??##

Herrera got bad decision after bad decision and the WORST was he got absolutely robbed against Garcia - #homecooking!

Peterson was easily the better fighter but because he ran for the first 5 rounds he lost the fight rather than Danny won it. Once Peterson realised he had nothing to fear and he went after Danny he gave him a boxing lesson.
        sorry if I didn't place enough emphasis on it for your liking. End of the day, he could have lost to both based on what happened in the ring... But he didn't.

Comment

Sugar Shane Mosley:

A fan favorite Action fighter
          Weak resume
          Short run of title defenses against weak opponents
          Got inducted because of his long career

Danny Garcia:

Fan fav action fighter
          Follow the career path of Sugar Shane, then he’s probably a HOFer

Therein lies the problem with the HOF itself. Very low standards. Should be reserved for only great fighters, not merely good belt holders.

Comment

Danny was one of the best junior welterweights of the 2010's so I think he is close as far as HOF. He hasn't quite broken through at 147 yet (close losses to Thurman and Porter) so I would say he is in the "Hall of Very Good" right now.

Comment

People here were saying pvssy-g is a H.O.F.'er

So if pvssy-g gets in DSG BETTER get in.

Comment

Can't really argue with Danny, I think he'll get in. He's clearly not retiring so I'm sure he'll add to that 13 former champions he's fought (I'm sure that Pac, Canelo, Donaire & Khan are the only active fighters who have fought more former title-holders than Danny).

I think people need to also recognise that Lamont Cheaterson's PED usage has negatively affected Danny's legacy. The IBF didn't strip Peterson of the title he got gifted in that Khan fight, despite him testing positive for synthetic testosterone in the run up for the rematch and admitting was in his system for the first fight. If he had a TUE then he should have told the sanctioning bodies - if you keep that secret it's cheating IMO, but I think people give Peterson a pass because he was once homeless. When he retired even BoxingScene wrote an article about him in favourable light!

Khan won that fight anyway so when he fought Danny it should have been consensus 1 v. 2 with WBA, IBF, WBC, Ring Magazine and vacant Lineal titles ALL on the line and the winner becoming undisputed champion. In my opinion Danny's lineage at 140 descends from his win over Khan rather than over Matthysse so that would make his resume even deeper than you'd think at first glance. He was the best 140er between the Khan fight and Herrera fight. I think not giving Herrera the rematch definitely is a stain on his resume and lost him a few fans also!
                Last edited by £-4-£; 01-13-2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadet Bonespurs View Post
                  Sugar Shane Mosley:

A fan favorite Action fighter
                  Weak resume
                  Short run of title defenses against weak opponents
                  Got inducted because of his long career

Danny Garcia:

Fan fav action fighter
                  Follow the career path of Sugar Shane, then he’s probably a HOFer

Therein lies the problem with the HOF itself. Very low standards. Should be reserved for only great fighters, not merely good belt holders.

ill always like garcia for ko'ing khan but theres a big difference between him and danny. even though shanes best win is dlh, then margarito, shane fought damn near any and everybody at his peak/past prime and was arguably the "best" in his era at one time.

i still would give the nod to corrales or forrest in the hof over garcia. names like rios, campbell, judah, morales, malginaggi are good but lets be honest, those guys were all over the hill.

Comment

I'ma tell you like my daddy told me... "If you ain't got nothing nice to say, don't say it."

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      I don’t doubt it, look who they be letting in. Being a HOF fighter in boxing isn’t saying much. Just be famous and you’re in.
                      They are diluting it too much so as to stay relevant and stay in the public eye with boxers who casuals can recognise from the immediate past.

At this rate Chavez Jr. will be a nominee.

Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank Sr are still not in after 25 years - how can Gatti get in or Danny Garcia already think he should be in?

Comment

Working...
                      X