Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Division in 2020 - Interesting Scenarios, Angles, Players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Division in 2020 - Interesting Scenarios, Angles, Players

It could be this year or never for the top names in the heavyweight division. Deadlines come and go at the highest level of boxing, but if the big three don't get it together in the next 12-18 months, it must be doubted that they ever will.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s all about Wilder vs Fury, baby! the two sports powerhouses coming together.....FOX and ESPN, to promote the biggest most important match in boxing. And well done to Arum and Haymon for making the biggest fight once again..this time it ain’t showtime and hbo!

Comment

Wilder and Fury are not getting 30 million for their rematch hahahah. How would they get that much for a PPV that doesn't do that well and a live gate where the arena is half empty? Man, they need to stop trying to sell this on us

Comment

But what about Hughie Fury???

Comment

I would love to see Adam Kownacki vs. Andy Ruiz. That would be a good old fashion brawl.

Comment

The heavyweight division is deep right now. With all the top guys, plus the contenders, plus the young guns on the rise.

Should be a fun division to watch for years to come.

This is a welcome change from the Klitschko era.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
              Wilder and Fury are not getting 30 million for their rematch hahahah. How would they get that much for a PPV that doesn't do that well and a live gate where the arena is half empty? Man, they need to stop trying to sell this on us
              The first fight did 325000 PPV at $70 a crack. I think they are talking about the 2 more fights coming combined. They both got 10 million the first fight plus whatever PPV money they get. If they both earn 15 million over the next 2 fights that is 30 million each. 40 plus million each for a trilogy ain’t bad.

Comment

I saw Andy hit AJ and AJ folded, he flopped around like fish. I saw Wilder hit Fury with that thing everybody is talking about, Fury looked like he was dead. He fookin jumped up like pissed off Bob cat and slapped the taste out of Wilders mouth. That was special, he didn't win, but he backed the mad bomber up, got him off his case. That right there tells me Fury is better than AJ and 40 other guys

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  I saw Andy hit AJ and AJ folded, he flopped around like fish. I saw Wilder hit Fury with that thing everybody is talking about, Fury looked like he was dead. He fookin jumped up like pissed off Bob cat and slapped the taste out of Wilders mouth. That was special, he didn't win, but he backed the mad bomber up, got him off his case. That right there tells me Fury is better than AJ and 40 other guys
                  Jumped up? Nah? He peeled himself off the canvas like he has superhuman recuperative powers.

He was out cold when he hit the canvas and for about 3 seconds after that. Opened his eyes at 4 but still laying lifeless. He got his wits together and pulled himself up in 5 seconds more.

Think about that. Fury displayed more heart in that sequence than he is EVER given credit for. Also he has tremendous heart to come back from 160lbs (nearly my weight) overweight and severely depressed. There's a film to be made right there (especially if he wins in Feb) but who'd play him?

I'd love to know what was going through Wilder and his team's minds when he beat the second count. Like ... "WTF - How is that even possible?"
                  Last edited by SteveM; 01-05-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

No mention of Otto Wallin? He got no credit for giving Fury a hard fight - just Fury got dis-credited.
                    Last edited by SteveM; 01-05-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X