Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Heavyweight Division in 2020 - Interesting Scenarios, Angles, Players

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
    I saw Andy hit AJ and AJ folded, he flopped around like fish. I saw Wilder hit Fury with that thing everybody is talking about, Fury looked like he was dead. He fookin jumped up like pissed off Bob cat and slapped the taste out of Wilders mouth. That was special, he didn't win, but he backed the mad bomber up, got him off his case. That right there tells me Fury is better than AJ and 40 other guys

also, Fury took that fight too soon

that, and what you said... tells me Fury is probably better than AJ and 41 other guys

looking forward to the rematch

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      Jumped up? Nah? He peeled himself off the canvas like he has superhuman recuperative powers.

He was out cold when he hit the canvas and for about 3 seconds after that. Opened his eyes at 4 but still laying lifeless. He got his wits together and pulled himself up in 5 seconds more.

Think about that. Fury displayed more heart in that sequence than he is EVER given credit for. Also he has tremendous heart to come back from 160lbs (nearly my weight) overweight and severely depressed. There's a film to be made right there (especially if he wins in Feb) but who'd play him?

I'd love to know what was going through Wilder and his team's minds when he beat the second count. Like ... "WTF - How is that even possible?"
      The right hand that Fury landed on Wilder after the knock down might have been his best punch of the night. It got Wilders attention and saved Fury from more damage. Wilder was windmilling for the kill, and it slowed his roll. That shot put something on Wilders mind beyond the resurrection.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        also, Fury took that fight too soon

that, and what you said... tells me Fury is probably better than AJ and 41 other guys

looking forward to the rematch
        39 guys, he fought Stivern and Ortiz twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
          The right hand that Fury landed on Wilder after the knock down might have been his best punch of the night. It got Wilders attention and saved Fury from more damage. Wilder was windmilling for the kill, and it slowed his roll. That shot put something on Wilders mind beyond the resurrection.
          That's it in a nutshell. I think that was fighter's instinct in Fury. If he does a little more of that in February we'll see how much Wilder can take.

Comment

Originally posted by willieb24 View Post
            But what about Hughie Fury???
            AJ has taken over Hughie Furys spot as the most boring runner/boxer in the UK.

Comment

Wilder will knock fury out in Feb. Joshua will make excuse after excuse once again as to why he can't unify with wilder after that.

Comment

2020 could be a good year. Fury/Wilder 2 & maybe a trilogy. Joshua vs Pulev & possibly Usyk. Povetkin/Hunter 2 would be a good idea as they have unfinished business after their WBA eliminator. Everybody is calling out Chisora so you know he will be in a couple big fights. Hopefully we get some top 15 guys fighting each other. Whyte, Parker, Kownacki, Breazeale, Ruiz, Ortiz, Rivas, Hrgovic, Hammer, Washington, Martin, Joyce, Dubois, Romanov, Hughie, Ajagba, Price, Takam, Kean, Charr, Bryan, Kabayel, Duhaupas, Wach, Szpilka, Helenius, Bakole, Yoka, Kuzmin & so many more... The division has potential to be really good but these guys need to fight each other. The problem is guys are being protected & are too worried about their "0". They build up rankings by collecting regional belts beating trialhorses & journeymen. When they do step up they get exposed. Tom Schwarz is a perfect example as he was the WBO #2 when he got crushed by Fury. There is a good blend of prospects & contenders. There is a decent crop of fringe contenders outside the top 15 who could all make for good fights on any given night. The problem is nobody wants to take risks anymore. There are only 2 champions at the moment but a whole lot of money to make if the fights are made. Dereck Chisora has many losses but still keeps getting paid well because of his fan friendly style plus he has a marginal skillset that many HWs think they can deal with.
                Last edited by joe strong; 01-05-2020, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Nowadays everybody quacking like scared ducks!

No one wants to fight oilskin parker...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    The first fight did 325000 PPV at $70 a crack. I think they are talking about the 2 more fights coming combined. They both got 10 million the first fight plus whatever PPV money they get. If they both earn 15 million over the next 2 fights that is 30 million each. 40 plus million each for a trilogy ain’t bad.
                    The numbers from the first fight were never confirmed, they were somehow"leaked" by people who weren't involved with the fight. So they were not accurate at all. Just like the Wilder vs Ortiz II fight PPV numbers, they weren't from the source, they were from "leaked media outlets" hahah. This is the con they have been running on the public for years now to make a fight seem successful. They also want to make it seem like they have good numbers so that if they ever get the balls to face AJ, they can say that they deserve 50-50 because they are "PPV stars already" in their own right. It's a scam and most of you go for it. Not me. Nobody gets paid over 10 million for a fight that they are giving away tickets to to make it seem full, like the first Wilder Fury fight.

Comment

I hope they strip aj of some belts, so that he has to challenge someone to get them back...this will be the only chance to see him fighting top 5 guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X