Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Drops Gamboa Three Times, Stops Him in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd really like to know how hard Davis trains, because it doesn't look like he trains at all. You shouldn't be sucking wind and not able to have any output 6 rounds in at 135lbs. That makes no sense unless you're literally completely out of shape and not training at all. Which is exactly what it looked like. Most serviceable guys at 135 would have ended gamboa on that bad leg quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      For nearly going the distance with a 38 year old, shot, chiney and injured Gamboa.

Crawford did it far better five years ago. Five years.

Robinson Castellanos, the journeyman, did it far, far better a few years ago.
      Going the distance doesn't mean anything because the fight wasn't competitive while going there. And Gamboa was floored 3 times during that span and never hurt Davis.

And comparisons to other fights is stupid because a fighter prepares differently every time out. Gamboa was in excellent shape until Davis broke his foot in the second round. How do you know what shape he was in when he fought Castellanos?

Comment

• Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
        Stank Davis said: If I knock out Gamboa earlier than Crawford did, it would tell that I’m top five, pound-for-pound, for sure.”

Dude believes his own press clippings
        What does it mean if it takes him longer than Castellanos?

Comment

• Lomachenko will box circles around Davis, the only chance Davis has is to avoid Loma for the next couple of years, wait until Loma gets old and loses his reflexes.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            He was boxing somebody who couldn't plant his feet when he threw a punch. I should hope he never got hurt.
            But it was because of a lightning fast left from Davis that Gamboa broke his foot in the first place

Comment

• Originally posted by I Never Lied View Post
              But it was because of a lightning fast left from Davis that Gamboa broke his foot in the first place
              ...enjoy your consolation prize I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                ...enjoy your consolation prize I guess?
                You act like Gamboa just magically broke his foot. You act like there was some incidental head butt or something.

Davis floored Gamboa in the 2nd rd and broke his foot. You act like if it wasn't for Gamboa being hurt the fight would have went differently.

You're too stupid I guess. Gamboa being injured is exactly why the fight lasted as long as it did because it put him into grappling survival mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Never Lied View Post
                  You act like Gamboa just magically broke his foot. You act like there was some incidental head butt or something.

Davis floored Gamboa in the 2nd rd and broke his foot. You act like if it wasn't for Gamboa being hurt the fight would have went differently.

You're too stupid I guess. Gamboa being injured is exactly why the fight lasted as long as it did because it put him into grappling survival mode.
                  Whatever you say. Tank is GOAT because a ruptured Achilles tendon literally turned Gamboa into Achilles of Troy. I'm actually blown away that Tank was able to stop such a super human warrior.

Comment

• Re

Thompson beat Uzcategui, no doubt. He's got that Tony Harrison tap-tap-please-dont-hurt-me style, so I'm not in a hurry to see him again? He won though...Uzcategui has really been exposed as a guy that is easily outboxed.

I was saying in this thread, before the SHO broadcast started, Jack has to be a alert and aware of Pascal's wild home run swings . Jack got caught around the temple in the 4th, lost his equilibrium and took a knockdown.

Probably cost him the fight. Should have been a draw, but Pascal IS the champion...so I'm okay with it going Pascal's way.

Marcus Browne was in the ring post-fight, I guess he wants his rematch with Pascal? Or should Pascal seek to unify with Beterbiev?

At first I thought Gamboa was finding a way out of the fight after feeling Davis' power . Gamboa doesn't like to get hit. So he's going on about a problem with his foot, but the officials were determined to not ruin this big Atlanta event They sent him back out there to fight. There WAS actually something wrong with his leg.

Davis showed punch resistance, because he got tagged several times. Including once, when they were tied up, and Davis was distracted by something at ringside, probably Floyd. Gamboa suddenly got his hands free and lit Davis up with a 3-piece to the jaw !

Gamboa was surprisingly durable too. He was trying to stop the fight after that first KD, with the foot issue, but the officials would have none of it. But then he took Davis' shots pretty good, until the 12th round knockout.

Next for Davis? I thing he should take that Maryland showdown with Gary Russell Jr.
                    Last edited by SHO_RULEZ; 12-29-2019, 02:31 PM.

Comment

• You know you gotta defend a guy hard when you create a new account to do such that.

Comment

Working...
                      X