Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Drops Gamboa Three Times, Stops Him in Twelfth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drops gamboa three times ... but looks like crap doing it ... if gamboa could still pull the trigger this fight would have ended differently ...

may have been an off night ... put him in with a live opponent ... he will either step up ... or just confirm the 'hype job' status he now has

Comment

• Tank can try to unify at junior lightweight with fights against Farmer and Berchelt. He could also try to get fights at lightweight against Commey, Haney, Campbell, & Lopez. Maybe get Lomo at lightweight or junior welterweight along with the likes of Taylor, Ramirez, and Prograis in that division. Maybe even move up to welterweight 1 day.

Now that would be a HOF, PPV Star kind of career. The question is, how many of those fights will we actually see Tank in. How many will Floyd and his promotional team try to put him in. I don’t see them risking him with Farmer or Lomo or Lopez or even Haney anytime soon although I think Tank can win all of those fights now.

Comment

• Gamboa is a shot fighter these days and was brought in there to be taken out early. How many times had he been on the canvas before last night's fight, 12?

The fact he fought with one leg doesn't look too good for Davis either.

Comment

• Originally posted by markther View Post
          Tank can try to unify at junior lightweight with fights against Farmer and Berchelt. He could also try to get fights at lightweight against Commey, Haney, Campbell, & Lopez. Maybe get Lomo at lightweight or junior welterweight along with the likes of Taylor, Ramirez, and Prograis in that division. Maybe even move up to welterweight 1 day.

Now that would be a HOF, PPV Star kind of career. The question is, how many of those fights will we actually see Tank in. How many will Floyd and his promotional team try to put him in. I don’t see them risking him with Farmer or Lomo or Lopez or even Haney anytime soon although I think Tank can win all of those fights now.
          Wow!!! You must have a vision impediment!!! Davis looked like a C class fighter against a fighter that should have retired about 5 years ago, not to mention the one leg... tank will get destroyed by any of the guys you mentioned... their promoters must be ringing up Floyd's phone like crazy for a fight!!! Of course we all know how that will play out!!! Tank will fight about 5 more nobodies.... will wait for one of the top guys to be injured, sick, or way past their prime, and floyd will finally return their call.... 'who ris bee?' 'We fina ax ya fo da fight, kno am saying?'... that's about how that call will be.... 95% verbatim!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            Tank has talent but is one of these dudes that doesn’t understand that hard work will beat talent when talent doesn’t work hard.

Floyd needs to step in and do his actual job. He needs to make some changes.

Start with hiring a chef and a personal trainer. Then move his training camps to someplace like big bear where no one is around and he is at least 50 miles from the nearest pizza and wings spot.

Then get him a sports psychologist so Tank can work through the all the dysfunction he’s been surrounded by his whole life.

Tank keeps winning so floyd and his team don’t seem to think they need to do anything. Big mistake imo.

This was a fight where Tank could’ve really established himself. Instead he looked out of shape, slow, and looked like a rank amateur against a guy he was much better than.

Career setback imo. I really hate wasted talent.
            'Disfunction' such a subtle way of describing some sewer hood rat's-keep'nt reel' lifestyle!!! That mentality is the cancer and aids of American society!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              I'm sure lots of promoters would love to have their guys fight Tank now. Floyd aint taking those calls though.

Tank going back to 130 to fight the loser of Diaz/Farmer
              I'm sure there are several guys at 135 and even 130 who are jumping at the chance to face him now. Still don't think Garcia will be one of them though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JOITATS View Post
                tank is a one punch boxer, left straight or left uppercut
                gamboa being injured, no movement, no power on his punches, and still that was all tank could do
                i also noticed many of those big punches were not putting down gamboa

he's not goin anywhere vs the elite guys
                especially in this wgt class
                You must not know boxing. Davis my have one punch but he is much faster with it than Loma. Look at the punch that broke Gamboa's ankle.

If Davis come is shape, that speed is going to be there the entire fight, instead of fading like it did in this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
                  Wow!!! You must have a vision impediment!!! Davis looked like a C class fighter against a fighter that should have retired about 5 years ago, not to mention the one leg... tank will get destroyed by any of the guys you mentioned... their promoters must be ringing up Floyd's phone like crazy for a fight!!! Of course we all know how that will play out!!! Tank will fight about 5 more nobodies.... will wait for one of the top guys to be injured, sick, or way past their prime, and floyd will finally return their call.... 'who ris bee?' 'We fina ax ya fo da fight, kno am saying?'... that's about how that call will be.... 95% verbatim!!!
                  Davis was tired and didn't train. Doesn't me he will always do this. He broke Gamboa's leg in the 2nd rd with one punch.

Comment

• Originally posted by MexicanStyle#1 View Post
                    'Disfunction' such a subtle way of describing some sewer hood rat's-keep'nt reel' lifestyle!!! That mentality is the cancer and aids of American society!!!
                    You are a fool. Illegal immigration from South America is 1000 times more detrimental to Society than ****** hood ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      ... I remember that I was even rooting for Broner, when he was like 23 yo...

... (but now I don't understand why Floyd chose to fully support these hopeless midgets...)
                      I think Broner was the more complete fighter. Him sticking to only Floyd style stunted him. Who knows? If he would of stayed at lower classes maybe to this day he would still be undefeated???

I’m sorry but Broner was much better...

Comment

Working...
                      X