Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury PPV To Have 3 Fights: PBC, Top Rank Each Get Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury PPV To Have 3 Fights: PBC, Top Rank Each Get Bout

The rematch between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury was officially announced today to take place Feb. 22 at the MGM in Grand in Las Vegas. For the first time ever, Fox Sports and ESPN+ will cooperate for a joint pay-per-view to ramp up the promotion, one of which Bob Arum is anticipating two million PPV buys and $100 million in revenue, which would make it one of the most successful heavyweight fights of all time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So if I'm reading this correctly, it's going to be

Fury vs Wilder
    Best matchup possible for two PBC fighters
    Best matchup possible for two TR fighters

I'm down.

Comment

So I get it. The under card will be broadcast on both Fox Sports One and ESPN + while the Main event card would be televised and distributed exclusively by ESPN PPV with a total of three fights. Each promotional company would be showcasing at least one bout on the Main event card on the ESPN PPV.

Comment

Wonder who they'll put on the undercard

Comment

so first fight does 325 and second does 2 million? i really hope senile old arum and haymon didn't set the purses based on that projection otherwise dazn wins the network war!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            So if I'm reading this correctly, it's going to be

Fury vs Wilder
            Best matchup possible for two PBC fighters
            Best matchup possible for two TR fighters

I'm down.
            lol yeah thats definitely what is going to happen

Comment

2 million ppv buys? i'll have what arums on please

Comment

Cue the Matchroom payroll bots to complain. Two undefeated heavyweight rematching. But “wilder is scared of RxDillian”. Nobody except Hearn jizz guzzlers want to see that cheating mediocrity get an undeserved shot

Comment

I wonder how pissed Showtime are going to be. What happened to Wilder being loyal? Guess that was just an excuse.

Comment

The main event and a measly two undercard bouts!? Dafuq???

Man....this is so muthafuckin petty on behalf of PBC and Top Rank.

The sad part is, the fans suffer more. I bet this damn fight is gonna be $80, so where’s my fourth fuckin undercard fifth???

Thanks for the free fights but c’mon man.

Comment

Working...
                    X