Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis Proved He's A Star; Time To Prove He'll Box Better Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Not sure which people does are, but for a *Star* he should be on the bigger platform that would showcase his fights. Not on the lesser of the two networks that is available to him, this is either mismanagement or they are telling us he isn't a star like they are claiming he is.
    So you're saying Fury, Lomachenko, Crawford, Canelo, GGG shouldn't fight on DAZN & ESPN plus? All are smaller platforms than Showtime

Comment

I don't blame Tank himself, he isn't big enough or he hasn't got to that level where he can navigate his own career, he would get there one day. He definitely needs the bigger names after this fight, I dont want to see him fighting Leo santa cruz, but i wouldn't mind seeing him against GRJ who is on the right side of the street.
      Santa Cruz should fight GRJ @ 130 ASAP! I've heard Santa Cruz say he would be willing to go to 135, but I've not heard GRJ say the same. Problem is LSC sells and GRJ doesn't! Now if GRJ beats LSC, then maybe Floyd will see that GRJ is marketable. Floyd wants that Mexican money! Always has, always will!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        So you're saying Fury, Lomachenko, Crawford, Canelo, GGG shouldn't fight on DAZN & ESPN plus? All are smaller platforms than Showtime
        No am saying he has TWO network on his side, he should be fighting on the bigger ONE. Since he is a star.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
          Doesn’t matter what the article said. I’m looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the pbc groupies spin more reasons why the fight shouldn’t happen. My bets are it will be “he fights in front of 12,00 fans” why does he need Lomachenko
          As long as Loma understands he's the B side and doesn't make unreasonable demands the fight can get made. Don't duck by trying to be the A side

Comment

No am saying he has TWO network on his side, he should be fighting on the bigger ONE. Since he is a star.
            Fury, Lomachenko, Crawford have two platforms also. So they shouldn't fight on ESPN plus?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              its just reality...but alot of posters here dont live in reality...

canelo/golovkin is a great example....they did it on their time....didnt rush it like golovkin fans wanted.....you cant magically make two marquee fighters the same age/same point in their careers whenever you want....youre right...canelo did it right on his time

tank is doing the same...the kid just turned 25 last month....hes making great money for his weight class right now and selling tix...building his brand....hes got plenty of time to build a resume...

2021 for loma/tank is very reasonable
              Well thought out and reasonable points. I, however, want Davis-Loma asap, this year. Davis doesn't need any more seasoning. He's a young vet. Let's do it!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                As far as skill I'm not counting him out but he's in a bad position.
                I'm not sure. Floyd has to be smart enough to know that he can't get Tank to where he wants him to be, only fighting PBC fighters. I know he hates Bob and Oscar, so it would be to his benefit to work with Eddie. Tank vs. Devin would be like Floyd vs. Zab! That's good money!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  look at what spence and crawford were doing at tanks age!!! what was golovkin doing? how about usyk? how about literally just about everyone sans canelo....

as far as the 2nd part....couldnt really tell you...dont really know the inner workings of sanctioning bodies...my guess might be something due to age so they can accelerate their opportunities....i really dont know.....plus some of those guys make easier defenses and have less money invested in them.....how does loma get a title shot in his 2nd fight? how does usyk become the mando for the wbo for beating witherspoon lol(is there something about being the cruiser champ and automatically being the mando if you move up? i really dont know because following that BS is draining)
                  Spence and Crawford were fighting nobodies at 25! Crawford still fighting nobodies at 32! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    I'm not sure. Floyd has to be smart enough to know that he can't get Tank to where he wants him to be, only fighting PBC fighters. I know he hates Bob and Oscar, so it would be to his benefit to work with Eddie. Tank vs. Devin would be like Floyd vs. Zab! That's good money!
                    They're going Leo Santa Cruz next on PPV. I hate that fight. If Fortuna wins that WBC belt they need to go for that fight. If Luke Campbell wins it they should go for that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      I love Teofimo, and if he loses, he'll be just fine, just like Canelo! My beef is that Loma stayed in the AMATEURS until he was 25, but his fans think Tank is a punk for not fighting Loma at 23! If it was OK for Loma to fight AMATEURS until he was 25, why is not OK, for Tank to develop before he fights Loma?

Another question I have is how do these cats like Lipinets, Besputin, and Kavaliauskas get title fights in 14-15 fights? Not only do they get the fights, the sanctioning bodies ORDER the fights to be made! A kid like Devin Haney has 24 fights and no title fight! Even the guy he fought for the Interim belt, only had 11 fights! My man "Boots" has 24 fights, w/ 22 KOs, and he 's unranked by the WBC! How does this happen?
                      If you’re holding a championship belt, you’re past the development stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X