No announcement yet.

If Crawford needs to fight Porter, Charlo needs to fight Derevyanchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    Because GGG won’t fight anyone until he fights Canelo again and Hearn has no control over Canelo.

Hearn also got Andrade the BJS fight but BJS failed a drug test.
    hes fighting luke keeler next....we can make excuses for anything if we try hard enough

hearn has AJ...he has control over that....and DAZN needs AJ to move needles....hearn has leverage.....jacobs is there too...instead they are putting him in disgraceful fights against chavez to get cheap views

DAZN has 3 top MWs aside from andrade....make a meaningful fight right at home....the PBC guys make meaningful fights when they have the talent in the division to do so...

Comment

Even if he was the WBC mandatory, Charlo knew his best shot at Canelo, GGG and Andrade was signing with DAZN. Hell, Canelo hasn’t fought a mandatory in 8 years.

He didn’t change networks or promoters. It’s his fault too if Crawford being frozen out of Crawford’s fault.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      To my knowledge he was locked into a deal.

I posted why I think this offer is a waste of time. Haymon doesn't care about the WBO so Hearn knows this will be rejected. All this offer does is provide PR shade and deflect from the real issue-Andrade is on dazn and dazn will not match him with Canelo or GGG.

But I get it-Charlo should take advantage of a chance to put the best name on his resume.

I don't recall there being a large number of posters stating he shouldn't fight unless the offer is that. Maybe I just missed it.

No it isn't. Charlo had no idea Canelo/Dazn/GBP/WBC would pull this crap. Crawford knew the politics when he re signed. He already wasn't getting top tier opponents. Re-signing just made it certain that would go on for the length of the contract.

Comment

imagine the scenario where someone like shawn porter is at the pbc....with thurman, pac, danny, spence

and hes still fighting guys like sebastian formella

Comment

Even if he was the WBC mandatory, Charlo knew his best shot at Canelo, GGG and Andrade was signing with DAZN. Hell, Canelo hasn’t fought a mandatory in 8 years.

He didn’t change networks or promoters. It’s his fault too if Crawford being frozen out of Crawford’s fault.
          You sure? By doing it the way he did, Charlo was either going to force Canelo to drop the belt or give his promoter the chance to win the purse bid and control the location, judges etc of the fight. Which would you have done?

The difference is None of us saw the emeritus designation coming. We all knew this would be the case for Crawford because it was already happening when he re-signed.

But I don't think either needs to leave. I just think in Crawford's case that would've been the best decision. Charlo left for Dazn he'd have gotten screwed over by the wbc and then he still wouldn't get the GGG or Canelo fights because dazn wouldn't risk either losing to him.

Comment

Danny Garcia is fighting Ivan Redkach and just fought Adrian Granados. He must be the PBC Demetrius Andrade.

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            imagine the scenario where someone like shawn porter is at the pbc....with thurman, pac, danny, spence

and hes still fighting guys like sebastian formella

Comment

I don’t see the point in Terence Crawford fighting Shawn Porter. Porter lost to Brook, Spence and Thurman. He also should have lost to Ugas. The fight doesn’t interest me at all and I want to see Crawford fight another champion so we can get to an undisputed welterweight champion already.

That being said, the same people pushing Crawford to fight Porter are telling Charlo not to unify with Andrade. They also complain that GGG and Canelo are ducking Charlo.

Well, why doesn’t Charlo fight Derevyanchenko then? Derevyanchenko is basically the same thing as Porter, he’s a guy who gave tough fights to the champions in his division. He doesn’t have a belt to offer but so what? Charlo doesn’t have many options since he stayed loyal to his promoter instead of crossing the street. In fact, Derevyanchenko is a PBC fighter so it would be easy to make.

Oh that’s right, crawford-porter benefits PBC more than it benefits Top Rank so all the PBC fan boys insist that fight has to happen. Charlo-Derevyanchenko wouldn’t benefit PBC at all, so it shouldn’t happen.

I forgot about all the hypocrisy.
              I agree. That's what I've been saying. Porter doesn't bring nothing to the bargaining table that Bud wants. He holds no cards, title belts, leverage or bargaining chips.

Besides, Crawford wants to unify the titles at 47 in order to become the undisputed welterweight champion of the world someday. So I just don't know how he can attain that goal by fighting Shawn Porter.

Also, not to mention that it is a very high risk fight anyhow in which Terence can very well lose. Then the PBC would own every major title at 147; Including the WBO.

Comment

I think we all should have seen Canelo avoiding a mandatory coming.

But we actually agree because I don’t think he should have left pbc and I don’t think crawford should have left top rank.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                You sure? By doing it the way he did, Charlo was either going to force Canelo to drop the belt or give his promoter the chance to win the purse bid and control the location, judges etc of the fight. Which would you have done?

The difference is None of us saw the emeritus designation coming. We all knew this would be the case for Crawford because it was already happening when he re-signed.

But I don't think either needs to leave. I just think in Crawford's case that would've been the best decision. Charlo left for Dazn he'd have gotten screwed over by the wbc and then he still wouldn't get the GGG or Canelo fights because dazn wouldn't risk either losing to him.

Comment

Danny Garcia is fighting Ivan Redkach and just fought Adrian Granados. He must be the PBC Demetrius Andrade.
                  danny garcia has at least 2 guys on his resume that are far better than anyone crawford has ever fought....and matthysse was considered a killer/dangerous when he fought him

danny has also been seriously inactive for whatever reason...if he follows this fight up with another dud he deserves criticisim...but i guarantee if he wins the next one wont be a dud

can you guarantee me, that if its not porter, that crawford next one wont be a dud?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    I agree. That's what I've been saying. Porter doesn't bring nothing to the bargaining table that Bud wants. He holds no cards, title belts, leverage or bargaining chips.

Besides, Crawford wants to unify the titles at 47 in order to become the undisputed welterweight champion of the world someday. So I just don't know how he can attain that goal by fighting Shawn Porter.

Also, not to mention that it is a very high risk fight anyhow in which Terence can very well lose. Then the PBC would own every major title at 147; Including the WBO.
                    what he can do by fighting porter is earn respect and critical acclaim....because porter is a tough out for ANYONE....and he can back up all the talk hes been talking about the pbc(of having espn commentators do it for him)....

if he wants to unify he should be patient and let spence get that 3rd strap and be ready for a huge unification sometime in 2021.....

in the meantime porter is the best option he has....the fight that earns him the most respect....

unifying and collecting belts is overrated at the point in your career where crawford is...hes p4p top 3 rated everywhere...he doesnt need to collect trinkets...if he wants though he can still try but he should fight the best available guy while he waits.....hes talking it...but now he shouldnt? he should fight another fight nobody cares about?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

You hit the nail on the head. The only similarity IMO is Crawford's and Charlo's promoters/managers don't want to risk losing before the big payday comes.

While we as boxing fans don't care about losses, casual fans do. The promoters are sensitive to this reality and skew how they build fights this way.

Everyone connected to Crawford and Charlo make more if they get to the big fight undefeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X