Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Offers Charlo One-Fight Deal For Andrade May Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Charlo is currently not important at all. He has no name at 160, at all.
    He defended his world title on Fox and 2.4 million people watched. He has the most important belt in the third most important division in boxing. He makes 4-5 million a fight and is now being offered 7 million. If that doesn't make him important at all, you have a strange definition of important.

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
      There is nothing wrong with arguing about opinions. What you cannot argue about is facts. Stop conflating the two.
      Nobody said there was anything wrong with arguing opinions. I'm just not going to participate. I don't participate in hang gliding either, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

Some people like apples. Some people like bananas. You can argue about which one tastes better if you want, but I find it ridiculous to argue about subjective things.

You have an incredibly unusual definition of star. That's fine. It's your opinion. I'm not going to argue about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        So Charlo was lying when he said he was his own boss? And when he said he would go over to DAZN for one fight?
        Nobody said he was lying when he said he was his own boss. He would go to DAZN for one fight if it made sense to do so. It doesn't make sense to do it for a B-side. PBC's networks accept not having exclusivity because a pattern has been established that they'll be treated fairly and loyalty will be shown. In return, fighters have the freedom to cross the street in rare instances where doing so makes sense. Crossing the street to fight a B-side doesn't make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          Nobody said he was lying when he said he was his own boss. He would go to DAZN for one fight if it made sense to do so. It doesn't make sense to do it for a B-side. PBC's networks accept not having exclusivity because a pattern has been established that they'll be treated fairly and loyalty will be shown. In return, fighters have the freedom to cross the street in rare instances where doing so makes sense. Crossing the street to fight a B-side doesn't make sense.
          It doesn't make sense to go to DAZN for one fight for $7 million?

I bet he doesn't make that in his next 2 or 3 fights at PBC combined.

Comment

There ya go making absolute declarations about things you couldn't possibly know one way or the other. You have no idea who pays me. How can anyone have a good faith discussion with you when you're so willing to spread false information?
            Well the same way your judging people without knowing them right???
            Im not affiliated with Golden Boy in any way but your calling them stupid just cause you don't like them...
            It's not fair to judge people right????
            You should practice what you preach. Just saying....

Comment

What makes you rate Charlo over Andrade?? How is Charlo the A side over Andrade?? Based on what??
              His last fight did 250,000 views on regular Showtime so how does that make him an A side???
              Not every potential fight has an A and B side. That's reserved ONLY for boxing stars which neither Charlo or Andrade are.
              Just speaking facts man..

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                It doesn't make sense to go to DAZN for one fight for $7 million?
                No, it doesn't. 7 million isn't that much more than he's already making. Do you understand how boxing works? DAZN would be paying that money for Charlo to come in and lose. Everything would be stacked against him. And he'd be fighting a slick elusive southpaw that would be difficult to knock out. With everything stacked against him, he can't rely on getting a fair shake. Not to mention stabbing his existing partners in the back just to chase a couple extra million bucks. And for what? Nobody knows who Andrade is and Charlo's TV network doesn't even recognize the WBO as a world title. So Charlo has nothing to gain by winning. It's stupid. It's never going to happen in a million years. Hearn knows that, but he also knows you're an idiot and you'll fall for it.

I bet he doesn't make that in his next 2 or 3 fights at PBC combined.
                You're wrong. He's already making 4-5 million a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
                  Well the same way your judging people without knowing them right???
                  No. I have not made any authoritative declarations about anything I couldn't or don't know.

Comment

You're wrong. He's already making 4-5 million a fight.
                    Prove it. Give some sources verifying that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamer213 View Post
                      What makes you rate Charlo over Andrade?? How is Charlo the A side over Andrade?? Based on what??
                      Charlo has a bigger fan base. Charlo gets paid more. Charlo has more viewers. Charlo has larger gates. Charlo has a much larger social media following. Based on every logical metric, Charlo is the bigger draw.

His last fight did 250,000 views on regular Showtime so how does that make him an A side???
                      First of all, that's WAY more viewers than Andrade gets on DAZN. Second of all, the publicly released Showtime numbers are horribly misleading. That's just how many people watched the fight on the actual Showtime TV channel. Like DAZN, Showtime is also an app and has millions of subscribers. Those viewers are not counted towards the "TV viewers." Third of all, when Charlo fought on Fox a year ago, 2.4 million people watched. Charlo's on bigger platforms and has a bigger following.

Don't believe me? Go look at Charlo's instagram and then look at Andrade's instagram. Charlo has nearly 300,000 followers. Andrade has less than 100,000. It's no contest. Charlo is the better known fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X