Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Offers Charlo One-Fight Deal For Andrade May Unification

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    Yearn offered 3 million per fight a year ago. Charlo told Hearn he was already making more than that.
    Do you have any sources to support this claim, at least? Or is this confidential too and we just have to take your word for it again?

Comment

• Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Nobody said there was anything wrong with arguing opinions. I'm just not going to participate. I don't participate in hang gliding either, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

Some people like apples. Some people like bananas. You can argue about which one tastes better if you want, but I find it ridiculous to argue about subjective things.

You have an incredibly unusual definition of star. That's fine. It's your opinion. I'm not going to argue about it.
      Its not an unusual definition. When your last two PPVs barely sell enough to compete with numbers from another guys middling PPV performer you know who the real star is.

Wilder isn't a star. They are trying to make him one. He has the potential to be a star. But he's no star. His name doesn't resonate very far into the public consciousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Pretty much this. Good fight at a good time, the winner get a better momentum, the Canelo fight would be even more viable for September for the the winner.

Plus the money would be great and the winner would have two belts, if Charlo wins he isn’t tied to any Written contract with any promoter or network. And he has never made anything close to what he is being offered here.
        Originally posted by techliam View Post
        Neither is a star

Both have limited momentum

It’s a great opportunity for both of them, a decent relative payday, a chance of unifying titles and the start to some serious momentum going

There’s no reason other than politics to prevent this fight happening

Exactly, this WBC guy is basically trying to be a more sophisticated version of J.Razor in justifying Charlo fighting weak a ss opposition instead of Andrade. Fans want the best to fight the best. Hearn publically made Charlo an offer. Where is Charlo's counter?

Comment

• Has this offer actually been turned down yet? Or accepted?

Comment

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
            That's Al Haymon's problem. When you have one promoter who is happy to negotiate through the media while the other one is manipulating events in the background like a Sith Lord whose possible existence is only spoken about in whispers (had to get a Star Wars reference in honor of this weekend) its real easy for that other promoter to control the narrative. For all we know Eddie Hearn faxed Charlo a picture of his prick instead of a one fight deal for however many millions of dollars. But when one said says something happens and the other side doesn't dispute it what are people supposed to think?

I don't have to imagine. That happens right now with Terrence Crawford. I don't care about networks either way. I just want the best to fight the best. I don't want to hear crap about A-sides versus B-sides. I want the best to fight the best. If you can't get a fight with a particular fighter fine. Get the best available guy who is willing to take the fight. Overpay them if you have to. But get them in the ring and beat them. Sooner or later the guy you want to fight won't be able to ignore you anymore.

Demetious Andrade can't get Canelo or GGG. Get Charlo or Dervychenko. Crawford can't get Spence or Pacquio. Then go get Shawn Porter or Danny Garcia. If they don't want to fight you either than move on to Yordenis Ugas or whichever next highest ranked guy is willing to accept Bob Arum's money.
            yeah thats what i figured..."thats al haymons problem"...lol......its always someone elses fault until you need to defend someone you like....then the excuses fall like raindrops

Comment

• Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              yeah thats what i figured..."thats al haymons problem"...lol......its always someone elses fault until you need to defend someone you like....then the excuses fall like raindrops
              That's what I figured, you're going to focus anything other than the substantive argument I made that you cannot disprove. Once again, if one side claims they made an offer and the other side doesn't say anything there is only one narrative we can go by.

Comment

• I don't even know why people even bother trying to act like they aren't full of crap. We should all want the best to fight the best. Yet we got people here making excuses for it.

Comment

That's what I figured, you're going to focus anything other than the substantive argument I made that you cannot disprove. Once again, if one side claims they made an offer and the other side doesn't say anything there is only one narrative we can go by.
                  you guys want the best to fight the best till youre guy avoids a fight...then you cry and whine just like you claim everyone else does

andrade brings 0 to the table to cross the street....charlo is already making good money....

answer this...why cant hearn, who promotes/manages one of the top draws in boxing, leverage that into a good fight for andrade when he has all the top MWs on the same network???

why dont you try taking a look at whats going on right at DAZN first...and wonder why they wont have andrade fight anyone of note

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                    Has this offer actually been turned down yet? Or accepted?
                    Do you really think the offer would be accepted or countered? Nope! They would reject the offer or counter with paying Andrade 1m to come over to FOX/Sho.

Even when they counter it’s just to prevent anyone from pointing at them for ducking.

Fact is look at PBC top names history over the last 2 years. They have the same blueprint, from Wilder to Garcia to Tank Davis to Spence to Charlo.

Charlo can do this fight in May, Canelo would be fighting in May. Win against Andrade and you become an option for Canelo in September.

PBC prior to two years ago would have done this fight in a heartbeat, PBC of now started this blueprint a couple of years ago.

The offer would be rejected or countered with less money been offered to Demetrius.

Comment

I don't even know why people even bother trying to act like they aren't full of crap. We should all want the best to fight the best. Yet we got people here making excuses for it.
                      try explaining why canelo, golovkin n jacobs are all on DAZN...and DAZN wont make any of them vs andrade...and actually explain why instead of giving a vague(like eddie hearn) answer....

Comment

Working...
                      X